• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

Mest30 said:
I'm a cop. Technically its illegal but nobody would sign complaints and even if they did, a judge would dismiss charges.

Would the judge dismiss charges even if Noah filed a complaint? Why?

Mest30 said:
Do some research though, there are cases where pro sports players have been charged. You'd have to cause some injury, but it happens.

That's why I was talking about this case, not some random fight. I think Kermit Washington got in trouble with the law, though he might have just gotten a massive suspension.

zychi said:
Ask Ron Artest what throwing punches in Detroit got him. He punched players and fans. He got sued for assault.

Going into the stands and attacking fans is the same as throwing a forearm at a player?

zychi

Banned
effzee said:
Simple case of Bulls fans only getting pissy about it because its their player. If the roles were reversed no would be calling for battery/assault/ or questioning the concept of basketball.
I'm not pissy. Far from it. If you think him trying to get into position for a rebound, is the same as throwing a forearm, I'm not gonna be able to change your mind. The refs would've thrown Noah out too.

To prove your point even more wrong, Psycho T just threw a tantrum on Noah, and T got the tech, and Noah didn't, but I guess Noah threw an imaginary forearm in there too?

Gigglepoo

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Now the Blackhawks have to win to complete the nice evening.

I've been hoping against hope that the 'Hawks would come back from 0-3 and the Bulls would blow a 3-0 lead in the same season. Alas...

Either way, Wings are going to knock out your boys.

SamuraiX-

Are you guys really letting all these juniors and triple Ls run rampant in here and try to throw the regulars out like they fucking own the place?

Gigglepoo said:
I've been hoping against hope that the 'Hawks would come back from 0-3 and the Bulls would blow a 3-0 lead in the same season. Alas...

Either way, Wings are going to knock out your boys.

Hawks down 1, not a good start but I wouldn't count them out.

First goal I said would win this game:(

zychi

Banned
dream said:
Rajon Rondo should be arrested for stealing my heart.

GET IT? GET IT?
Now do you mean he stole your heart during a basketball game, or did he do it off the court? Because there's different rules on both. One is theft, one is love.

overcast

dream said:
Rajon Rondo should be arrested for stealing my heart.

GET IT? GET IT?
600107-oh_you_super.jpg

THRILLH0

Banned
I'd be salty like gigglepoo if my team was getting blown the fuck out by the worst 1 seed in recent memory consisting of Stevie Franchise 2.0 running point, the ugliest man in professional sports playing center and the softest power forward this side of Pauline Gasol screaming the place down.

DAT 4-1

THRILLH0

Banned
Red Blaster said:
It'll be awesome when the Bulls get knocked out so these lifelongs will never post here again.

It'll be awesome when Dwight bolts so Tragic fans can trot out their persecution complex again.

Gigglepoo

Red Blaster said:
It'll be awesome when the Bulls get knocked out so these lifelongs will never post here again.

It happens every year, what can you do? At least guys like Might Poo and, um, the Mavs/Bulls fan whose name I'm blanking on have been here all year. Congrats to the guys who stuck with them even when Jason Williams was breaking hearts instead of ankles.

Red Blaster said:

Why do you and people like Giggle take things so personal, it is a goddamn game, not life and death. Some of you again need to get off your pc/mac/laptop/smartphone and go inhale some fresh air.

effzee

zychi said:
I'm not pissy. Far from it. If you think him trying to get into position for a rebound, is the same as throwing a forearm, I'm not gonna be able to change your mind. The refs would've thrown Noah out too.

To prove your point even more wrong, Psycho T just threw a tantrum on Noah, and T got the tech, and Noah didn't, but I guess Noah threw an imaginary forearm in there too?

Are you dense or just playing dumb?

The commentators called out the instigating move. Its clear as day that Noah whether intentionally or unintentionally caught McRoberts with a forearm. In fact the commentators then said they "missed" the initial forearm thrown by Noah. This not a matter of opinion or something I am making up. Its not about questioning one's basketball IQ, its about common sense and your eyes and ears telling you what happened. Ref's wouldn't throw Noah out simply because they missed it and McRoberts retaliated. If they didn't miss it and McRoberts didnt retaliate they would have at the least given Noah a technical foul.

Psycho T got locked up with Noah and both Noah and T were called for a double foul (personal foul each). T didn't get the tech, the Pacer who went over to yell at the ref got it.

Main point still stands. Refs should at least look at what caused the incident. They went to review and saw it but did nothing.

Gigglepoo said:
It happens every year, what can you do? At least guys like Might Poo and, um, the Mavs/Bulls fan whose name I'm blanking on have been here all year. Congrats to the guys who stuck with them even when Jason Williams was breaking hearts instead of ankles.

I'm so old I watched the Bulls with Dave Corzine.

He made present day Tim Duncan look like a rookie in comparison.

And this was when Corzine was in his prime.

EvilDick34 said:
Why do you and people like Giggle take things so personal, it is a goddamn game, not life and death. Some of you again need to get off your pc/mac/laptop/smartphone and go inhale some fresh air.

Seriously he should be happy. The grizz are doing something good for once.

dream

An eye for an eye, Hornets. Ron drew blood on your man, now you have to get someone to slide their foot under Kobe when he goes up for a jumpshot.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
overcast said:
Why the hell do so many gaffers hate the bulls? Besides Boozer and Noah they seem like decent people.
Something about lifelongs, or something, even though I've said it before that most posters on NBA-GAF are fans of consistently winning teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom