• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

MechaGodzilla said:
So this is my 2nd basketball game ever to watch and I can honestly say I am enjoying it. I obviously don't know what is going on half the time but its fun nonetheless. I keep up with this thread to see what you guys say about whats going on to give me some perspective. Plus I enjoy reading your discussions. I live in NO so pretty much the only reason I started to watch was because the hornets are in the play offs. I'm hoping that I am not just enjoying it because its the playoffs because I would love another sport to watch.

I say welcome to the thread, others will call you a bandwagoner so watch out.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Who had the better career: Duncan or Kobe? I think it's easily Duncan, but it's probably going to be the main debate for next week so might as well start it now.

edit: Pau looks completely finished, his touch is gone.

Obviously Duncan. Literally the best power forward ever.

The Lakers are showing no energy, no urgency. They're barely running plays. Just throwing into the lane and one of 3 big men will miss a hook or floater.

i really can't believe how awful the lakers defense was this quarter. They have no chance to win if they play like that.

Where is the sense of urgency?

thekad

Banned
Where's Kobe?

MechaGodzilla said:
So this is my 2nd basketball game ever to watch and I can honestly say I am enjoying it. I obviously don't know what is going on half the time but its fun nonetheless. I keep up with this thread to see what you guys say about whats going on to give me some perspective. Plus I enjoy reading your discussions. I live in NO so pretty much the only reason I started to watch was because the hornets are in the play offs. I'm hoping that I am not just enjoying it because its the playoffs because I would love another sport to watch.

You have about until Feb. 2012-May 2012 of good NO basketball. Enjoy it while it lasts.

overcast

MechaGodzilla said:
Try sticking around for the regular season next year if you enjoy it. It's really a fun sport to watch. Do you watch any other sports? What are your teams if so?

MechaGodzilla

Neo Member
Seda said:
I say welcome to the thread, others will call you a bandwagoner so watch out.
Oh don't get me wrong I'm not championing NO because I have no clue if they are good or not but as my opinion stands, I really didn't like basketball but I am giving it a shot. Hopefully it will continue into the next season.

Branduil

Black Mamba said:
i really can't believe how awful the lakers defense was this quarter. They have no chance to win if they play like that.

Where is the sense of urgency?
Well yeah they won't win if the Hornets shoot 80% the whole game, but that won't happen. What's the record for highest fg% in a game?

zychi

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Who had the better career: Duncan or Kobe? I think it's easily Duncan, but it's probably going to be the main debate for next week so might as well start it now.

edit: Pau looks completely finished, his touch is gone.
Duncan.

He was the main person on his first title team and one of the best PFs ever.
Kobe always had to have a partner. Not that Duncan didn't(Robinson,Parker, and now Gino), but I personally think Shaq carried Kobe, and until this year's playoffs Gasol carried Bryant in the previous 3 years. Kobe is a great player, but Duncan is a great big guy who can shoot. If I'm starting a team and had to choose between the two I pick Duncan everytime. Big man who can shoot, play D, flop, and get his way with the refs> Tough,streaky shooter, who needs a big man to win.

also, lol 6/24 in game 7.

NO's percent will drop. They can't keep this up but can our offense do anything about it. If they bought JoBu KFC original recipe than this game is over

Branduil said:
Well yeah they won't win if the Hornets shoot 80% the whole game, but that won't happen. What's the record for highest fg% in a game?

Of course not, but the defense has helped that percentage. The damage is done, now Lakers must play uphill and New Orleans is confident.

Hornets should be be able to shoot like this. Lakers defense is abysmal.

Branduil said:

you also have to remember that the lakers are going to get the majority of the calls. if hornets end the game at over 50% fg's they will win, otherwise probably not given that the lakers will probably have 20-30 more FT attempts

Darkman M

zychi said:
Duncan.

He was the main person on his first title team and one of the best PFs ever.
Kobe always had to have a partner. Not that Duncan didn't(Robinson,Parker, and now Gino), but I personally think Shaq carried Kobe, and until this year's playoffs Gasol carried Bryant in the previous 3 years. Kobe is a great player, but Duncan is a great big guy who can shoot. If I'm starting a team and had to choose between the two I pick Duncan everytime. Big man who can shoot, play D, flop, and get his way with the refs> Tough,streaky shooter, who needs a big man to win.

also, lol 6/24 in game 7.
You are dumb.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Gigglepoo said:
It happens every year, what can you do? At least guys like Might Poo and, um, the Mavs/Bulls fan whose name I'm blanking on have been here all year. Congrats to the guys who stuck with them even when Jason Williams was breaking hearts instead of ankles.

i been watching since the bulls were winning championships, even before ron artest was getting trashed in a bulls uniform.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Can't believe I'm saying this but.. thank god for Shannon Brown. Keep it up buddy.

Man I am fucking nervous right now. Hornets came to fucking play...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom