• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol are you fucking kidding me? A shooting foul when someone is not shooting? When did refs (and Reggie Miller) get so stupid about continuation?

MOTHERFUCKING
MAMBA
BITCHES!

Fucking FUCK! Fisher missed a HUGE SHOT. You have to make that god damn 3. All the momentum is with the team.

And how does CP3 get that god damn rebound? Get that board.

linsivvi

obijkenobi said:
You can very easily have a debate on Kobe or Duncan.

You cannot have a debate with a guy who championed Chris Bosh as the best PF in the game, no matter which side you are on. You just leave those crazy people alone.

dream

Okay, okay, you're all right. The Lakers might be struggling against the worst team in the playoffs but let's celebrate the 2 points Kobe just scored.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
That's continuation? Dude was a step inside the 3 point line.

OMG Kobe

I been telling you guys this since the playoffs started what continuation is and you guys keep getting it confused with in the act of shooting. And, everytime it comes up, I'm right and each time someone on this board tells me I'm wrong.

zychi

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Also Kobe's missed the playoffs exactly once in his entire 15 year career.
The Bulls just beat a Pacer team that had 47 wins, making the playoffs isnt exactly "amazing" in the NBA.

Wouldn't call that "lost and lost and lost". He's got 5 rings.
He's got 0 without Shaq carrying him when he was young, and he's got 1 with Gasol if Boston's offense doesn't disappear in the 4th quarter of Game 7 in '10.

And this team is "built for him" and he's won 2 already. Gasol has as much impact on Kobe's teams as Parker/Ginobli have on Duncan's. He relies on them as much.
This team isn't built for Kobe, it's built to win. Big difference. The team that was built for Kobe was the left overs from the Shaq trade and Kwame Brown.

My comparison of Kobe+ Gasol and Kobe+Shaq is like saying Paul Pierce wouldn't have won a title without KG&Allen. It wouldn't have happened. Shaq would have still gotten at least 1 title without Kobe. Gasol, in all honesty probably wouldn't have. Duncan has gotten a title without Manu or Parker. But basketball is a team game so this argument of what ifs is kinda pointless.

I still put Jerry West above Kobe as a Laker, so he's obviously a better all-time SG. I said "maybe top-5" because you don't know what's going to happen before his carrer is over. I have Kobe slotted in at #4 right now. Jordan, West, Clyde then Kobe. Clyde is way better imo, but he gets no respect because he played against Jordan most of his career. Barkley and Malone get love for being downgraded due to Jordan, why doesn't Clyde?

J2 Cool

Sick dunk. He looks like he's going into his All-Star game mvp mode. Showing he's still got a little bit of time left as "the man".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom