• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you also have to remember that the lakers are going to get the majority of the calls. if hornets end the game at over 50% fg's they will win, otherwise probably not given that the lakers will probably have 20-30 more FT attempts

and NOH has shot more FT in the series. That's despite Lakers giving up the least FTs all season and NOH being low FTA team.

Don't create built in excuses. Lakers should get more FTs if they play their game (not 20-30 more, but more).

MechaGodzilla

Neo Member
overcast said:
Try sticking around for the regular season next year if you enjoy it. It's really a fun sport to watch. Do you watch any other sports? What are your teams if so?

I'm football and baseball fan so the Saints and LSU are my teams.

thekad

Banned
Forceatowulf said:
Can't believe I'm saying this but.. thank god for Shannon Brown. Keep it up buddy.

Man I am fucking nervous right now. Hornets came to fucking play...

Hornets up 3-2 going back to New Orleans. What happens?

obijkenobi said:
If you have to rely on Duncan to be your main guy, you're in troubles :/

Fixed.

Anyway, Im starting to feel like Pau is wearing out his welcome in LA. These weird moody performances need to stop. The Orlando GM is a fucking moron, isn't he? Maybe we can talk him into Pau for Dwight.

Gigglepoo

EvilDick34 said:
Why do you and people like Giggle take things so personal, it is a goddamn game, not life and death. Some of you again need to get off your pc/mac/laptop/smartphone and go inhale some fresh air.

Why do you think I took things so personally? I had never heard someone accuse a player of breaking the law by throwing a forearm shiver. I questioned him and he danced around without answering, which is why it extended so long. I wasn't salty or pissed or anything, though.

Mest30 said:
Plus the person who received the battery must be the one to sign.

But you said the judge would throw it out even if the person did sign. I'm glad you settled the matter, though. I thought I was in crazy town talking to that other guy

zychi

Banned
AShep said:
Duncan may be the greatest PF ever but you're a fool if you think he had a better career overall than Kobe.
Explain your POV please.

Duncan is regarded as one of three(if not THE) best PF ever.

Kobe might get up there to top 5 SG ever. Maybe, depends how his body holds up.

If you're going by team/rings:
Duncan had a team built for him, he won, and he won.
Kobe had Shaq traded away, had a team built for him, he lost, and lost, and lost.
Then traded for Gasol, and he lost, won, and (barely)won in '10.

For the love of god Lakers, go UNDER the picks.

Please do that if you want to win.

Give some 3´s to Paul but don´t let him rape your defense with penetration.

J2 Cool

Ninja Scooter said:
Fixed.

Anyway, Im starting to feel like Pau is wearing out his welcome in LA. These weird moody performances need to stop. The Orlando GM is a fucking moron, isn't he? Maybe we can talk him into Pau for Dwight.

He looks close to falling off as a #2. Especially with Kobe on the decline, it's not the time for that shit.

zychi said:
Explain your POV please.

Kobe had Shaq traded away, had a team built for him, he lost, and lost, and lost.

so much stupidity in one post. Kobe's not a top 5 SG already? Who do you rank ahead of him? Gervin? Also Kobe's missed the playoffs exactly once in his entire 15 year career. Wouldn't call that "lost and lost and lost". He's got 5 rings. And this team is "built for him" and he's won 2 already. Gasol has as much impact on Kobe's teams as Parker/Ginobli have on Duncan's. He relies on them as much.

Duncan and Kobe are clearly the top 2 of their era, who is better is pretty much up to homerism and personal preference. It's that close.

THRILLH0

Banned
zychi said:
Explain your POV please.

Fuckin' :lol. We're done here.

thekad

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
so much stupidity in one post. Kobe's not a top 5 SG already? Who do you rank ahead of him? Gervin? Also Kobe's missed the playoffs exactly once in his entire 15 year career. Wouldn't call that "lost and lost and lost". He's got 5 rings. And this team is "built for him" and he's won 2 already. Gasol has as much impact on Kobe's teams as Parker/Ginobli have on Duncan's. He relies on them as much.

Duncan and Kobe are clearly the top 2 of their era, who is better is pretty much up to homerism and personal preference. It's that close.

Uhh... Shaq?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
285493893-67823b4b304d51b89caa86c04413c10d.4db786b0-scaled.gif

Doomsayer

Ninja Scooter said:

Look at his avatar... Nothing else needs to be said.

Kobe and Duncan are two totally different commodities. One is a big and the other is a guard how can you compare the two?

Everyone needs a beta to their alpha, criticizing a player for utilizing it correctly is foolish.

Gigglepoo

Ninja Scooter said:

Kobe would kill a man for a preseason win. I'd draft him over Duncan every time.

Blackface

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:

Kobe is obviously a top 5 SG of all time. But Duncan > Kobe and it's not even a debate in my mind.

Duncan > Shaq > Kobe

Ninja Scooter said:
Man, when Chris Paul sits you really see how bad this fucking Hornet team is. They are like a TWolves bad without him, 20 wins tops.
Coulda said the same about the Lakers at the end of the first w/o Kobe, easily. Plus they're without DWest, the number two man and honestly the most underrated man on the team, just as important as CP3.

Blackface said:
Kobe is obviously a top 5 SG of all time. But Duncan > Kobe and it's not even a debate in my mind.

Duncan > Shaq > Kobe

What alltime SGs are better than Kobe? Only ones you can make an argument for are Jeffrey and West. He's at least top 3, no?

CrunchyFrog said:
Coulda said the same about the Lakers at the end of the first w/o Kobe, easily. Plus they're without DWest, the number two man and honestly the most underrated man on the team, just as important as CP3.

uhh, we tied the game back up with Kobe on the bench. It's not even close. That Hornets roster is pure trash, which makes it more infuriating that the Lazykers are making them look so good.

Blackface said:

Duncan > Shaq > Kobe

You can very easily have a debate on Kobe or Duncan. The way the NBA is now with the lack of good bigs, I'd take Duncan. If Duncan was coming into the NBA now, he'd be so god damn unstoppable it's not even crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom