• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be interesting to see how these teams close out the half. I still think Paul has been the best player this series. He should try to take over.

zychi said:
The Bulls just beat a Pacer team that had 47 wins, making the playoffs isnt exactly "amazing" in the NBA.

He's got 0 without Shaq carrying him when he was young, and he's got 1 with Gasol if Boston's offense doesn't disappear in the 4th quarter of Game 7 in '10.

This team isn't built for Kobe, it's built to win. Big difference. The team that was built for Kobe was the left overs from the Shaq trade and Kwame Brown.

My comparison of Kobe+ Gasol and Kobe+Shaq is like saying Paul Pierce wouldn't have won a title without KG&Allen. It wouldn't have happened. Shaq would have still gotten at least 1 title without Kobe. Gasol, in all honesty probably wouldn't have. Duncan has gotten a title without Manu or Parker. But basketball is a team game so this argument of what ifs is kinda pointless.

I still put Jerry West above Kobe as a Laker, so he's obviously a better all-time SG. I said "maybe top-5 because you don't know what's going to happen before his carrer is over. I have Kobe slotted in at #4 right now. Jordan, West, Clyde then Kobe. Clyde is way better imo, but he gets no respect because he played against Jordan most of his career. Barkley and Malone get love for being downgraded due to Jordan, why doesn't Clyde?

And Duncan needs Parker/Manu to win rings. And Jordan needed Pippen (a HOF and a top 2 SF of all time, since rankings mean so much to you) and Rodman, and Magic needed Worthy and Kareem and Bird needed McHale/Parrish (2 HOFers), and Russell needed like 11 hall of famers on those old Celtic teams. Players need other good players around them to win. Congrats you cracked the secret of basketball. Somehow Kobe is the only guy where it's used AGAINST him when he has great players around him. The Lakers were Kareem's team for Magic's first 5 years or so in LA, yet nobody says "MAGIC REALLY ON HAS THREE RINGS THE FIRST TWO WERE KAREEM'S!" It's fucking stupid.

J2 Cool

Unless the Lakers get a big upgrade at PG, Fisher should never be benched. He comes up so big in these games, even filling in as Kobe's sidekick for the inferior Gasol.

Chris Paul has to have a poor shooting night at some point from outside. It seems like he can never ever fucking miss.

Lakers defense was better in the 2nd, obviously. It needs to be even better in the 2nd half with better offense.

Gigglepoo

J2 Cool said:
Unless the Lakers get a big upgrade at PG, Fisher should never be benched. He comes up so big in these games, even filling in as Kobe's sidekick for the inferior Gasol.

Plus, Steve Blake blows.

Interesting first half of basketball. I think the two big issues will be:

1. Can Kobe keep up this level of play.

2. Will the Hornets stop with the dumb ass turnovers.

edit: Also Clyde, as in Clyde Drexler? Better than Kobe? LOL so you knock Kobe for not winning a ring "by himself" yet you rank fucking CLyde ahead of him, a guy who not only couldn't win a ring solo (on some really good Blazer teams) yet came up fucking SMALL in plenty of big games and playoff series? LOL. Clyde is closer in career to TMac or Vince than Kobe. Lay off the pipe.

zychi

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
And Duncan needs Parker/Manu to win rings. And Jordan needed Pippen (a HOF and a top 2 SF of all time, since rankings mean so much to you) and Rodman, and Magic needed Worthy and Kareem and Bird needed McHale/Parrish (2 HOFers), and Russell needed like 11 hall of famers on those old Celtic teams. Players need other good players around them to win. Congrats you cracked the secret of basketball. Somehow Kobe is the only guy where it's used AGAINST him when he has great players around him. The Lakers were Kareem's team for Magic's first 5 years or so in LA, yet nobody says "MAGIC REALLY ON HAS THREE RINGS THE FIRST TWO WERE KAREEM'S!" It's fucking stupid.
You must've missed my "basketball is a team sport so arguing what ifs is pointless."
It's ok. We can move on.
I gotta ask you who you root for because if you're a Laker fan(or a Spurs fan) then this conversation is irrelevant.
I think of Kobe as I think of Wilt, he used to be an extremely selfish player(it still shows up once in awhile) and he still got titles, even if he was selfish. Now until last year playoffs, Kobe has always been a me-first type of player, and it reappeared in game 7 (6 for 24). I'm not saying I don't respect Kobe as a player, but damn I'm picking Duncan, a team player, who to me, is the best PF ever.

zychi said:
You must've missed my "basketball is a team sport so arguing what ifs is pointless."
It's ok. We can move on.
I gotta ask you who you root for because if you're a Laker fan(or a Spurs fan) then this conversation is irrelevant.
I think of Kobe as I think of Wilt, he used to be an extremely selfish player(it still shows up once in awhile) and he still got titles, even if he was selfish. Now until last year playoffs, Kobe has always been a me-first type of player, and it reappeared in game 7 (6 for 24). I'm not saying I don't respect Kobe as a player, but damn I'm picking Duncan, a team player, who to me, is the best PF ever.

You rank Clyde fucking Drexler as a better all time player than Kobe. This conversation was irrelevant before it even started. You don't know shit.

Ninja Scooter said:
edit: Also Clyde, as in Clyde Drexler? Better than Kobe? LOL so you knock Kobe for not winning a ring "by himself" yet you rank fucking CLyde ahead of him, a guy who not only couldn't win a ring solo (on some really good Blazer teams) yet came up fucking SMALL in plenty of big games and playoff series? LOL. Clyde is closer in career to TMac or Vince than Kobe. Lay off the pipe.

Wait, who said Clyde is better than Kobe? Because that's obviously bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom