• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
Barkley speaking truth on Kobe's fakery.

Ninja Scooter said:
You rank Clyde fucking Drexler as a better all time player than Kobe. This conversation was irrelevant before it even started. You don't know shit.

He just started watching basketball a couple weeks ago.

zychi

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
You rank Clyde fucking Drexler as a better all time player than Kobe. This conversation was irrelevant before it even started. You don't know shit.
You rank Kobe above Duncan, I didn't treat you like the moron you are, have a little class and respect.

If you are a Laker fan I understand why, but trying to have an actual basketball discussion turns into LOL YOU DONT KNOW SHIT.

BruceLeeRoy said:
What Laker girl are you talking about?
the covergirl.
Picture-4.png

zychi said:
You rank Kobe above Duncan, I didn't treat you like the moron you are, have a little class and respect.

If you are a Laker fan I understand why, but trying to have an actual basketball discussion turns into LOL YOU DONT KNOW SHIT.

Kobe and Duncan are all time elite greats. I put them in the same company and even admitted that my preference of Kobe is homerism because I'm a Laker fan, but it's pretty much A and B. Clyde isn't and any reasonable basketball fan would know that. There is no reasonable argument you can make that puts Clyde as a better player than Kobe. Anybody that knows anything would laugh at you for trying. It would be like me trying to say James Worthy is a better all time SF than Larry Bird. It's stupid.

zychi

Banned
Doomsayer said:
Dude, on no planet is Clyde fucking Drexler a better player then Kobe. You are grasping at straws, my man.
Like I said, Kobe is "maybe top 5."

My personal top 5 has Kobe at 4 currently. I never said this is concrete, and can't change. I didn't say lol you wrong and dont know shit.

NBA fans' opinion has changed on Kobe since he's been in the league and it'll continue to happen. He used to be known as a selfish, I take every shot player, and he's developed and gotten smarter and now knows he can't do it all on his own. But my overall point is that Duncan>Kobe.

zychi said:

My personal top 5 has Kobe at 4 currently. I never said this is concrete, and can't change. I didn't say lol you wrong and dont know shit.

Yeah maybe if Kobe keeps chugging along and has a few more good seasons, he can one day be as good as Clyde Drexler!

BTW guys, Nick Van Exel is better than Jason Kidd. Kidd is still playing so this isn't concrete and can change, and don't call me and idiot because it's just my opinion!

Doomsayer

zychi said:

NBA fans' opinion has changed on Kobe since he's been in the league and it'll continue to happen. He used to be known as a selfish, I take every shot player, and he's developed and gotten smarter and now knows he can't do it all on his own. But my overall point is that Duncan>Kobe.

I see that, but at the same time Kobe is easily in the top 5, if not top 3. Even if he was known as selfish he still carried his team most of the time.

There are people that can make an argument for Duncan, and people that can make an argument for Kobe. It depends on how you look at the players. First of all its harder to find a Big then it is to find a SG, so that puts Duncan at a higher level. Then you look at Kobes line of work and some of his individual performances and how he wills his team to victory.

zychi

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Kobe and Duncan are all time elite greats. I put them in the same company and even admitted that my preference of Kobe is homerism because I'm a Laker fan, but it's pretty much A and B. Clyde isn't and any reasonable basketball fan would know that. There is no reasonable argument you can make that puts Clyde as a better player than Kobe. Anybody that knows anything would laugh at you for trying. It would be like me trying to say James Worthy is a better all time SF than Larry Bird. It's stupid.
So you calling me a moron for picking Duncan over Kobe is based on your homerism. Good to know that you pick the "better player" based on jersey color. The original question was, who has had a better career. So this entire discussion is irrelevant based on your favoritism.

The M.O.B

If only NOLA has a single decent big that could rebound, they would be up by so much more if they didn't keep giving the lakers so many shot opportunities.

Sanjuro

Kobe doesn't breach my top ten, but he probably will. The top spots though he is just outmatched.

I would also bump Kobe down for the T-Mobile girl.

zychi said:
So you calling me a moron for picking Duncan over Kobe is based on your homerism. Good to know that you pick the "better player" based on jersey color. The original question was, who has had a better career. So this entire discussion is irrelevant based on your favoritism.

I didn't call you a moron for choosing Duncan over Kobe. Check my posts I admit it could go either way and both guys are basically on the same plane. I never said anyone who thinks Duncan is better is a moron, shit I could make an argument that Duncan is better if I had to. I do, however, think you are a moron if you think Clyde Drexler is a better all time player than Kobe Bryant. That I will admit.

zychi said:
invalidating someone based on their homerism still doesn't change the fact kobe has a better career than duncan.

The M.O.B said:
If only NOLA has a single decent big that could rebound, they would be up by so much more if they didn't keep giving the lakers so many shot opportunities.

lakers win game 4 if they had a big that could rebound. Works both ways!

1 dunk and all will be forgiven.

We all know he will settle for that off-balance 3.

Darkman M

zychi said:
No it's the dumb shit you said with it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Kobe doesn't breach my top ten, but he probably will. The top spots though he is just outmatched.

I would also bump Kobe down for the T-Mobile girl.

i would do unspeakable things for the T-Mobile girl

dream

I haven't seen this many LA fans gang up to beat down a fan of another team since that poor baseball fan decided to travel and cheer his team on.

effzee

zychi said:

No he is admitting that his homerism might lead him to rank Kobe over Duncan even though they are both elites. You are an idiot though for thinking anyone besides you and possibly Drexler himself think Clyde>Kobe.

overcast

exarkun said:
Rockets have the weirdest coaching interview candidates I've seen in a while: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6433795

Sam Cassel? Lulz. Brian Shaw would be dooooope though. McHale as a coach though? I know he can develop talent and he did haev KG for a while with the Timberwolves, but how would he be as a coach for two or three years?
Sam cassel.. DA fuck? Brian Shaw is the one I want most out of those. Didn't mchale draw a lot of negative press cause of that whole management thing? Mcfail and what not?

zychi

Banned
Doomsayer said:
I see that, but at the same time Kobe is easily in the top 5, if not top 3. Even if he was known as selfish he still carried his team most of the time.

There are people that can make an argument for Duncan, and people that can make an argument for Kobe. It depends on how you look at the players. First of all its harder to find a Big then it is to find a SG, so that puts Duncan at a higher level. Then you look at Kobes line of work and some of his individual performances and how he wills his team to victory.
I totally agree, but "carrying his team" also hurt him in my eyes. When he had to take the load the Lakers didn't win. He had to pass the load onto Gasol, or Shaq.

I have Clyde up higher then Kobe because Clyde played a better overall NBA. He played in the Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Bulls dynasties era. Kobe's been in 7 of the 1x title games since he's been in the league, and was the finals mvp in 09 and 10(and he was handed this one because Gasol deserved it more).

And the only other teams to win titles are Duncan's, Wade's(old Shaq), Detroit(who beat an old Shaq and a "carrying the load Kobe") and the Celtics(who beat Kobe).

Kobe is also playing in the "don't touch me I'll flop" era of the NBA, where Clyde played with the hard fouling Pistons and shitty wood floor arenas.
Clyde had it harder then Kobe did, which, right now makes it Clyde>Kobe SG wise for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom