• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
Doomsayer said:
Nash and LeBron haven't won shit. Stop.
Neither did Barkley, Stockton Malone, all in Drex's era.

Notice how watered down Kobe's era is that I can't even think of better players?

We need at least a 10 point lead going into the 4th for me too feel comfortable, because you know Phil is going to start the scrub crew for like the first 5 minutes of the quarter. (thankfully Shannon ain't playing like Doo Doo Brown tonight, he better keep it up)

Doomsayer

Black Mamba said:
How is Ariza doing this? This is so fucking random...

Former Laker Trevor Ariza.

Green goes over the back of Brown and they call Brown for a little shiver that made no contact? The fuck is this?

Gigglepoo

viakado said:
you realize how much gay-age would be up in arms?

It should be an option, like SAP. If you choose it, you can't complain about the horrible, horrible things you have to hear. Imagine how much better Payton and Reggie's careers could have been!

SUPREME1

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
You rank Clyde fucking Drexler as a better all time player than Kobe. This conversation was irrelevant before it even started. You don't know shit.

He didn't say that, did he?

L
O
L

The crocs have gutted the baby water buffalo. The lions are tearing at it's flesh.

It's over for these scrubs.

Fisher > Paul

zychi

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Kobe did great things. He won 3 rings as the 2nd best player and 2 more as the best. The list of guys that can claim that is about 3 or 4 players long, and Clyde ain't on it. Clyde made it to two Finals and got waxed in both of them. That's it. I'm not using how great Kobe's peers were to prove that he was great, he stands on his own. You can argue how good Clyde's comp or his peers were, but great players will find a way to be great in any era. Russell, Duncan, Jeffrey, Magic, Bird and YES, even Kobe, the all time great winners, they wouldn't need people to make excuses for why they didn't accomplish great things, because they would have ALWAYS accomplished great things. Clyde ain't in that arena, buddy.
Every single one of those guys, (except Russel, and Duncan) you named played against Drex. They dominated the era, and the NBA, they are all all-time greats, they were in, Drex's era, and he still managed 1 measly ring. Kobe hasn't dominated anyone(insert CO joke here) or dominated any teams besides his 81 point game(a selfish shooter, again). You're always accomplished great things doesn't apply to Kobe, because when he was alone(like Drex was) he didn't do squat. Clyde played against the greatest teams ever(72-10) the best player ever(MJ) and the best dynasties ever(bulls,cs, old lakers). Kobe's played against an old C's team, Duncan, and a bunch of meh East teams.

Competition makes you better, and raises your level, just like it does for a all-time ranking. The key you seem to be missing is all-time, not today. When you think of all-time greats, you need to realize who they played against. There's a reason Lakers-Celtics is the all-time great rivalry in the NBA, the competition.

exarkun

overcast said:
Sam cassel.. DA fuck? Brian Shaw is the one I want most out of those. Didn't mchale draw a lot of negative press cause of that whole management thing? Mcfail and what not?

Kind of, but it wasn't something I thought was bad. He was just trying to make a deal, and the league caught him. But that was management, I wanna see what he can do with a team for a year or two. I wouldn't mind it, he certainly has the pedigree.

Cassel would be crazy though.

If NO doesn't make a run to start the quarter, I'm turning it offfffff. Gotta work.

3 pointers saved New Orleans in that 4th quarter. God damn. Miss 2 of those and it's a different game.

Wish Phil called timeout to get LO or Kobe into the game to end there. Fisher is not the guy to use off the dribble.

Phil better not screw up and not rest Pau again. Bynum needs to be in since Pau played the entire 3rd.

zychi said:
Neither did Barkley, Stockton Malone, all in Drex's era.

Notice how watered down Kobe's era is that I can't even think of better players?

Dude just stop with that Clyde > Kobe nonsense. Even spurs fans on spurstalk will disagree with you and they hate Kobe. Realgm won't even agree with you.

I have Kobe in my top 10, ranging from 8-10.

Gigglepoo

zychi said:
Competition makes you better

The NBA was in bad shape during the mid-to-late '90s, which is why everything was flushed down the toilet the second Jordan retired. Jordan's was great because he measured himself against all time greats, not because he beat Malone in the Finals.

zychi said:
Every single one of those guys, (except Russel, and Duncan) you named played against Drex. They dominated the era, and the NBA, they are all all-time greats, they were in, Drex's era, and he still managed 1 measly ring. Kobe hasn't dominated anyone(insert CO joke here) or dominated any teams besides his 81 point game(a selfish shooter, again). You're always accomplished great things doesn't apply to Kobe, because when he was alone(like Drex was) he didn't do squat. Clyde played against the greatest teams ever(72-10) the best player ever(MJ) and the best dynasties ever(bulls,cs, old lakers). Kobe's played against an old C's team, Duncan, and a bunch of meh East teams.

Competition makes you better, and raises your level, just like it does for a all-time ranking. The key you seem to be missing is all-time, not today. When you think of all-time greats, you need to realize who they played against. There's a reason Lakers-Celtics is the all-time great rivalry in the NBA, the competition.

The reason those guys are great is because they did what Clyde couldn't do: Step up big in big situations and pull teams across the finish line. Clyde could have remembered as one of those guys, instead of someone who played against those guys, he just wasn't great enough. Sorry Im not giving guys credit for what they "could have done" otherwise we'd be arguing about how Bill Walton is the GOAT and Len Bias is a hall of famer. Yes, Clyde played against great teams and great players, but they were great because they beat him and he couldn't beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom