• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Mamba said:
bda87c184e0dfb19ea266ea1fb63b65a5b0b0a1b_wmeg.jpg

No foul, of course.

WOooooW

J2 Cool

I'm surprised by how long of stretches Chris Paul goes away. He did that the other game too, yet before half was trying to answer everything when Kobe was going off.

BruceLeeRoy said:
If the NBA had any damn sense they would release the playoff season with all the players mic'd

lol NBA would never do that. They don't want people to really know just how crazy a lot of the guys in the NBA really are. Imagine a "Hard Knocks" on an NBA team, with guys playing dice in the locker room or getting into fist fights over card games.

Gigglepoo

Ninja Scooter said:
lol NBA would never do that. They don't want people to really know just how crazy a lot of the guys in the NBA really are. Imagine a "Hard Knocks" on an NBA team, with guys playing dice in the locker room or getting into fist fights over card games.

I'd subscribe to HBO for that. NBA players are the only sports stars I actually care about. I want unedited footage of them during their leisure time! And not Lamar and Khloe, either.

Gigglepoo said:
I'd subscribe to HBO for that. NBA players are the only sports stars I actually care about. I want unedited footage of them during their leisure time! And not Lamar and Khloe, either.

It would lead to government intervention.

Darkman M

Ninja Scooter said:
Butt naked ladies in the lakers hot tub.

The hell is up with the Lakers and never rotating back to their man? Bynum went ALL the way out past the 3 point line to hold off CP3, ran BACK into the lane, and NO ONE picked up Paul. WTF man?

zychi

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
The reason those guys are great is because they did what Clyde couldn't do: Step up big in big situations and pull teams across the finish line. Clyde could have remembered as one of those guys, instead of someone who played against those guys, he just wasn't great enough. Sorry Im not giving guys credit for what they "could have done" otherwise we'd be arguing about how Bill Walton is the GOAT and Len Bias is a hall of famer. Yes, Clyde played against great teams and great players, but they were great because they beat him and he couldn't beat them.
You're confusing "great" with "all-time great"

When you lose to Jordan in the finals you're not losing to great, you're losing to all-time great.

When you lose to the Pistons that's best player was Chauncey Billups, you aren't losing to an all-time great you're losing to a great player(at the time.)

When you lose to an old Celtics team, with KG(who had a bum knee), Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen(who might be an all-time great depending on what you wanna discuss) you lost to great players, not all-time great.

See the difference?
Kobe hasn't beat any all-time greats(yet) besides Duncan, and he(along with Shaq) beat a young Duncan. So he's in the same boat as Drex to me. Like I said it can change in the future, because we don't know how the Thunder will end up, or how good the West is compared to the West in 10 years. But right now, Drex>Kobe.

Net_Wrecker said:
The hell is up with the Lakers and never rotating back to their man? Bynum went ALL the way out past the 3 point line to hold off CP3, ran BACK into the lane, and NO ONE picked up Paul. WTF man?

Matt Barnes isn't a in the league for his smarts.

overcast

exarkun said:
Kind of, but it wasn't something I thought was bad. He was just trying to make a deal, and the league caught him. But that was management, I wanna see what he can do with a team for a year or two. I wouldn't mind it, he certainly has the pedigree.

Cassel would be crazy though.

If NO doesn't make a run to start the quarter, I'm turning it offfffff. Gotta work.
I almost want Cassel because it would be hilarious. I also have a strange feeling he can coach lol.

zychi said:

When you lose to Jordan in the finals you're not losing to great, you're losing to all-time great.

When you lose to the Pistons that's best player was Chauncey Billups, you aren't losing to an all-time great you're losing to a great player(at the time.)

When you lose to an old Celtics team, with KG(who had a bum knee), Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen(who might be an all-time great depending on what you wanna discuss) you lost to great players, not all-time great.

See the difference?
Kobe hasn't beat any all-time greats(yet) besides Duncan, and he(along with Shaq) beat a young Duncan. So he's in the same boat as Drex to me. Like I said it can change in the future, because we don't know how the Thunder will end up, or how good the West is compared to the West in 10 years. But right now, Drex>Kobe.

i hate rapist bryant but come on bro, you're telling me you'd take drexler over kobe? lololllllllll

I like how Andrew is the only Laker smart enough to know what to do when they get switched on CP3 (as a big) and then he does his job to make him pass only for no other Laker to cover his ass and take Paul.

Poor Andrew. He is the backbone of the defense. Thank God Paul missed that shot.

Really surprised monty took CP3 out.

zychi said:

See the difference?

He beat KG in the Finals, who is an all time great. He beat a young Dwight in the Finals, who is on track to be an all time great. He beat Iverson in the Finals. All time great. And Kidd. All time great. Since Drexler never won shit, we can't compare which all time greats he beat, so lets compare your boy Duncan: He beat the same Kidd. He beat that Pistons team you discount as not having any real great players. He beat a shit Knicks team in 99. And he beat a young Bron on a crap Cavs team (probably same position as Dwight when Kobe beat him). So does that mean Charles Barkley is better than Tim Duncan? Using your own standards? He played in a tougher era, lost to more all time greats. Makes sense, right? Barkley and Malone are both clearly better than Duncan.

Gigglepoo

Ninja Scooter said:
He beat KG in the Finals, who is an all time great. He beat a young Dwight in the Finals, who is on track to be an all time great. He beat Iverson in the Finals. All time great. And Kidd. All time great.

Damnit Scooter, how could you forget Reggie? He's calling this game!

zychi

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
He beat KG in the Finals, who is an all time great. He beat a young Dwight in the Finals, who is on track to be an all time great. He beat Iverson in the Finals. All time great. And Kidd. All time great. Since Drexler never won shit, we can't compare which all time greats he beat, so lets compare your boy Duncan: He beat the same Kidd. He beat that Pistons team you discount as not having any real great players. He beat a shit Knicks team in 99. And he beat a young Bron on a crap Cavs team (probably same position as Dwight when Kobe beat him). So does that mean Charles Barkley is better than Tim Duncan? Using your own standards? He played in a tougher era, lost to more all time greats. Makes sense, right? Barkley and Malone are both clearly better than Duncan.
If you wanna go down this road, yes I think Barkley is better then Duncan and he didnt get a ring because of Jordan, but I have a personal bias on this, he played against my Bulls and I gained a ton of respect for him and he was always one of my favorites during his playing time. I do not think Malone is better then Duncan.

Gigglepoo said:
Damnit Scooter, how could you forget Reggie? He's calling this game!

Reggie was old by the time Shaq/Kobe got to him, much like how KG was old when Kobe beat him, and Magic was old when Jeffrey beat him...oh wait I forgot MJ's Bulls only beat the all time great's when they were at the absolute height of their powers.

Chris Paul is ABSURD. How does he make these shots!? Do not get this guy on a good team because it will be OVER.

unless it's LAL, in which case, COME ON DOWN!!!

Gigglepoo

Ninja Scooter said:
Reggie was old by the time Shaq/Kobe got to him, much like how KG was old when Kobe beat him, and Magic was old when Jeffrey beat him...oh wait I forgot MJ's Bulls only beat the all time great's when they were at the absolute height of their powers.

You were supposed to say, "Reggie wasn't an all-time great."

And then I would have responded, "At least he was better than Drexler!"

And this horrible argument could have ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom