• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarlaxle

Thank God that hellish season is over. What a fucking disappointment. To be on the doorstep of a championship to a lottery team in an offseason. It still hurts. Another year of leading the league in assists for Nash though even with a slowed down tempo and shitty teammates. I'm looking forward to seeing Carter off this team and seeing what kind of disappointment we select in the draft.

On to the playoff's. As long as the Lakers, Heat, Celtics, or Spurs don't win it all I'll be content. Prediction time:

EAST

Bulls in 4
Heat in 6
Celtics in 6
Magic in 5

WEST

Grizzlies in 6
Lakers in 4
Blazers in 6
Thunder in 7

Darkman M

friskykillface[B said:
]Lakers are so lucky they are not facing the Blazers.[/B]

Celtics in 6
Magic in 4
Bulls in 6
Heat in 5

Blazers in 6
Lakers in 5
Spurs in 5
Thunder in 6

I wonder if the Blazers feel this way.

KingGondo

Banned
sillymonkey321 said:
Yeah i'm disappointed Denver couldn't get the Mavs in the first round. I don't have any faith in Durant and Westbrook though, it's Perkins making life difficult for the Denver offense that is troublesome. It will still be a great series to watch as will Mavs/Portland.
Why no faith in KD or Russ? I understand being skeptical of Russ since he's hot and cold, but I expect KD to have a great series.

Even if Afflalo's back and 100%, I think KD is ready to go off this year.

Bread

Banned
dIEHARD said:
Hows that best PG in the NBA playing for you these days?

edit: come on man a comeback to this one is super easy.
He just had a 20 point game on 10-16 shooting last night.

Omiee

Truphenom said:
lol, at least you're up front about it.

I actually would love if that realy happens, last year we had a pretty tough matchup in the first round against OKC. So its nice we are facing the hornets, means we can rest bynum a little bit.
And Dallas Portland is going to be such a tough series, im sure those guys will be tired by the time one of them faces The Lakers in the second round.
And i could see OKC beating the spurs in the second round.

tmdorsey

The starters outside of Horford will continue to play like they don't give a shit and we will lose the series in 4 possibly 5.

Can we just fast forward to the offseason?

Truphenom

Omiee said:
I actually would love if that realy happens, last year we had a pretty tough matchup in the first round against OKC. So its nice we are facing the hornets, means we can rest bynum a little bit.
And Dallas Portland is going to be such a tough series, im sure those guys will be tired by the time one of them faces The Lakers in the second round.
And i could see OKC beating the spurs in the second round.

Yea i see what you're saying, Hornets shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs tho because they're gonna make it very boring to watch. Everyone else at least has a decent matchup.

Omiee

Truphenom said:
Yea i see what you're saying, Hornets shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs tho because they're gonna make it very boring to watch. Everyone else at least has a decent matchup.

There are some awesome match ups this playoff, i mean knicks boston is going to be fun to watch, dallas portland is going to be fun, denver okc is going to be fun. And the second round in the east is going to be fun as hell.
Anyhow i like our chansea against OKC and the spurs. And i like our chanses against the bulls in the finals if we face them.

commish said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say, I dunno, espn?

nah i dont like them, read some previews but i want a real in depth analysis of the matchups.
maybe a youtuber or something

Truphenom

Omiee said:
There are some awesome match ups this playoff, i mean knicks boston is going to be fun to watch, dallas portland is going to be fun, denver okc is going to be fun. And the second round in the east is going to be fun as hell.
Anyhow i like our chansea against OKC and the spurs. And i like our chanses against the bulls in the finals if we face them.

I hope the Knicks can at least force 6 games, but at the same time i want Antoni fired so idk which way to go

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@STEIN_LINE_HQ Another day, two more fines for Lakers. $75K each for Phil Jackson and team itself after Phil's lockout comments last week. Link on way

Shadow780

Phil doesn't give a shit anymore, I fully expect him to call Stern a
34rtwyh.jpg
when the Lakers win.

Omiee

Shadow780 said:
Phil doesn't give a shit anymore, I fully expect him to call Stern a
34rtwyh.jpg
when the Lakers win.

if i was phil, and im dead set on retiring, i would call stern a lot of things in the speech when they win the chip, while the little guy is standing right next to him.

exarkun

SUPREME1 said:
What seed are the Rockettes?
LOL.

Son, I am disappoint. I'm the nicest of rox-age, ya don't want me to sick my version of Barnes on you.

Phil is a boss. HE DON'T GIVE A FUCK STERN. Imagine what its like to be Phil (outside of jeanie). You think he fucks with Riley in his spare time? Asks him if he wants to borrow a ring or something.

Omiee

captmcblack said:
Nothing else matters now.

Knicks in 6 over the Celtics.

Fuck you haters. We will slay the giant.

dident the boston bench beat you guys last night? Amare was playing right?

Omiee said:
dident the boston bench beat you guys last night? Amare was playing right?

The Boston bench and Nenad Krstic beat the Knicks bench feat. 20 minutes of Amare...during which, naturally, the Knicks either led or were within 4 points or less.

Knicks will win in 6. Why? Because I say so. You'll see, GAF. You'll all see.

Omiee

captmcblack said:
The Boston bench and Nenad Krstic beat the Knicks bench feat. 20 minutes of Amare...during which, naturally, the Knicks either led or were within 4 points or less.

Knicks will win in 6. Why? Because I say so. You'll see, GAF. You'll all see.

hey i would love nothing more, beat boston beat miami face the bulls, lose to them and let us beat the bulls.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Omiee said:
if i was phil, and im dead set on retiring, i would call stern a lot of things in the speech when they win the chip, while the little guy is standing right next to him.

I have to read each post of yours like 3 times before I know what you are even saying :)

SUPREME1

Banned
g23 said:
You guys underestimate how much Chris Paul is gonna tear Fisher's asshole a new one

Fisher is gonna get raped, yeah. So what else is new?

And also, for all those saying that the Lakers must be happy not having to play the Blazers in the first round... What about the Blazers being happy about it?

You don't think they're jumping for joy that they get the Mavs instead?

Jeff-DSA

SUPREME1 said:
Fisher is gonna get raped, yeah. So what else is new?

It never helped the Jazz when Deron went off because BoozIR was such a puddy. Thrillsap/Deron/Okur weren't enough by themselves, and the Hornets don't even have that good of combo at this point.

ESPN's playoff predictor gave me:

Spurs over Grizz
Nuggets over Thunder
Lakers over Hornets
Blazers over Mavs

Pacers over Bulls
Magic over Hawks
Heat over Sixers
Celtics over Knicks

Spurs over Nuggets
Blazers over Lakers

Magic over Pacers
Heat over Celtics

Spurs over Blazers
Heat over Magic

Heat over Spurs

Worst bracket ever?

exarkun

Branduil said:
Chris Paul is a freaking ghost of his former self.

nyet! Dude has looked wayyy better now than he did earlier in the season. He's gained a bit of that first step back and is driving more. He said so himself, actually admitted to taking it easy on the knee because he was afraid but said lately he's been feeling great.

We might see some of that magic in the playoffs. Actually, I'm pretty sure we will.

exarkun said:
nyet! Dude has looked wayyy better now than he did earlier in the season. He's gained a bit of that first step back and is driving more. He said so himself, actually admitted to taking it easy on the knee because he was afraid but said lately he's been feeling great.

We might see some of that magic in the playoffs. Actually, I'm pretty sure we will.

He still looked terrible the last time that Jazz played the Hornets.

Jeff-DSA

exarkun said:

We might, but the pieces around him won't get it done.

Branduil

exarkun said:

He scored 7 points yesterday with Jason Kidd and JJ Barea guarding him.

exarkun

Branduil said:
He scored 7 points yesterday with Jason Kidd and JJ Barea guarding him.

Don't worry about it. How many times have the Mavs laid eggs? And look, they had a great second half of basketball yesterday. The Hornets can at least do that too. Paul will lead the way.

thekad

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:
ESPN's playoff predictor gave me:

Spurs over Grizz
Nuggets over Thunder
Lakers over Hornets
Blazers over Mavs

Pacers over Bulls
Magic over Hawks
Heat over Sixers
Celtics over Knicks

Spurs over Nuggets
Blazers over Lakers

Magic over Pacers
Heat over Celtics

Spurs over Blazers
Heat over Magic

Heat over Spurs

Worst bracket ever?

I got Hornets over Lakers, Blazers, Nuggets, Knicks, and Sixers in the first round... Bulls over Blazers in the Finals.

Jeff-DSA

thekad said:
I got Hornets over Lakers, Blazers, Nuggets, Knicks, and Sixers in the first round... Bulls over Blazers in the Finals.

That would be ideal. The sooner the Lakers are crying about not having enough pieces (lol) in the offseason, the better it is for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom