• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
Bulls in 5
Heat in 5
Celtics in 5 (hopefully)
Magic in 6

Spurs in 6
Lakers in 5
Mavs in 6
Nuggets in 6

Blackface said:
to getting kicked out in the first round?

Hey at least we're in it. And we'll probably make it again in the foreseeable future so that's always nice.

But hey good luck convincing your lottery pick not to flee for America the first chance they get. One of these years they're gonna listen...

Lakers are so lucky they are not facing the Blazers.

Celtics in 6
Magic in 4
Bulls in 6
Heat in 5

Blazers in 6
Lakers in 5
Spurs in 5
Thunder in 6

Blackface

Banned
masud said:
Bulls in 5
Heat in 5
Celtics in 5 (hopefully)
Magic in 6

Spurs in 6
Lakers in 5
Mavs in 6
Nuggets in 6

Hey at least we're in it. And we'll probably make it again in the foreseeable future so that's always nice.

But hey good luck convincing your lottery pick not to flee for America the first chance they get. One of these years they're gonna listen...

The Knicks are worse then the 07 Raptors and you are happy about it.

KingGondo

Banned
Y'all are underrating the shit out of the Thunder vs. the Nuggets. We can counteract everything they want to do--Perk is in Nene's head like Inception, we have the youth and athleticism to prevent them from running, and we have a far better halfcourt offense than they do. We held Denver to 94 points (on the road) and 89 points (at home) in our last 2 meetings, and this is a team that averages 107 PPG.

Sure Karl is a better coach than Brooks, but there's nothing Karl can do to overcome our overall advantage. We are their worst possible matchup in the first round.

Celtics in 5
Magic in 6
Bulls in 5
Heat in 4

Blazers in 6
Lakers in 4
Spurs in 5
Thunder in 5

Plus, woo! 3 games on TNT!

Brinbe

Meh, these 1st-round matchups are a bit boring. Aside from perhaps the Mavs, all the higher seeds probably advance.

Bulls 4
Heat 5
Celtics 5
Magic 5

WEST

Spurs 5
Lakers 4
Mavericks 7
Thunder 7

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
pilonv1 said:
Never change Kahn.
LTTP on this this, but of course you take Irving. Complete no-brainer pick. Even he can't blow that one. For all his Rubio grandstanding and guarantees, he knows the kid won't be here. He has to sign by May 31, and that's not going to happen.

And I'll try to have the offseason thread up tonight, losers.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Forceatowulf said:
Oh boy this is gonna get a loooooot of play time.

IyGo.gif

I love Artest's bicep kiss. His face is priceless.

jjasper

Bulls in 5
Heat in 6
Celtics in 5
Magic in 5

Spurs in 6*
Lakers in 4
Blazers in 6
Thunder in 6

*Assuming Manu plays if not Gizz in 7

Rodeo Clown said:
LTTP on this this, but of course you take Irving. Complete no-brainer pick. Even he can't blow that one. For all his Rubio grandstanding and guarantees, he knows the kid won't be here. He has to sign by May 31, and that's not going to happen.

And I'll try to have the offseason thread up tonight, losers.

It's sad that a guy with structural issues who has questionable athleticism and court vision is the no-brainer #1 for a team that drafted point guards 5th and 6th two years ago.

Omiee

wooow i wake up to the lakers winning and the clippers doing us a major major favor, i guess they want the champions to stay in LA.

anyhow im so fucking hyped for the playoffs, already got nba league pass.

LEAST

Bulls versus Pacers bulls in 5
Heat versus Sixers heat in 5
Celtics versus Knicks celtics in 6
Magic versus Hawks LEAST hawks in 6

WEST

Spurs versus Grizzlies spurs in 6
Lakers versus Hornets LEAST lakers in 5
Mavericks versus Blazers blazers in 7
Thunder versus Nuggets nuggets in 7

KingGondo

Banned
Mystagogue said:
Bulls in 4
Heat in 5
Celtics in 5
Magic in 6

Spurs in 6
Lakers in 4
Blazers in 7
Thunder in 5
Nice avatar!

Nobody can top Rockets-era Scotty Brooks for feathery hair and resemblance to Michael J. Fox.

This Hawks team started Bibby for most of the year and after the trade has started Jason Collins, I fully understand how awful it is. They're a 35 win team masquerading as a playoff team due to luck and playing in the Least. The Magic are unbelievably bad though.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
This Hawks team started Bibby for most of the year and after the trade has started Jason Collins, I fully understand how awful it is. They're a 35 win team masquerading as a playoff team due to luck and playing in the Least. The Magic are unbelievably bad though.

Funniest thing is that Jordan Crawford is better than Hinrich but they gave us two expirings and the 18th pick in the draft this year.

I hope the Wizards trade all our picks or whatever it takes to get the #2 overall. Fuck banking ANY hopes in next years draft at all with a possible lockout and sophmore limit.

Bulls in 5
Heat in 5
Celtics in 6
Magic in 4 ( hawks are a terrible terrible team)

Spurs in 5
Lakers in 4
Mavericks in 7
Thunder in 5

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@TommyBeer: Derrick Rose only 3rd player in last 30 years w/ 2,000 pts & 600 assists in 1 season. LeBron (09-10) & Jordan (88-89).
butdatwsper48

Spooks

Well after much consideration I've finally made my decision. This post-season... man this is hard... this post-season I am taking my band wagoning talents to Denver. LETS GO NUGGETS!

Bulls in 4
Heat in 5
Celtics in 6
Magic in 6

Spurs in 6
Lakers in 5
Portalnd in 6
Nuggets in 6

I'm ready for all the salty posts and the "Who the fuck are you?" posts that I'm sure I will get when the Heat win the NBA finals
*trollface*

Chicago in 6
Orlando in 6
Heat in 5
Celtics in 6

Spurs in 5
Lakers in 4
Thunder in 7
Dallas in 6

CherryWoodFuton said:
I'm ready for all the salty posts and the "Who the fuck are you?" posts that I'm sure I will get when the Heat win the NBA finals
*trollface*

Nah dude we will probably just ignore you and skip over your posts.

Bread

Banned
Celtics in 5
Heat in 6
Magic in 5
Bulls in 4

Lakers in 5
Spurs in 5
Dallas in 7
Thunder in 6

Hopefully Playoff Rondo comes back, if he plays like he has for most of post-ASB the Celtics are fucked. Also, Shaq please stay healthy. Please?

diehard

Fleer
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I'm sorry but the dude in your avatar looks like Vinnie from the Jersey Shore.

KingGondo said:
Y'all are underrating the shit out of the Thunder vs. the Nuggets. We can counteract everything they want to do--Perk is in Nene's head like Inception, we have the youth and athleticism to prevent them from running, and we have a far better halfcourt offense than they do. We held Denver to 94 points (on the road) and 89 points (at home) in our last 2 meetings, and this is a team that averages 107 PPG.

Sure Karl is a better coach than Brooks, but there's nothing Karl can do to overcome our overall advantage. We are their worst possible matchup in the first round.

Celtics in 5
Magic in 6
Bulls in 5
Heat in 4

Blazers in 6
Lakers in 4
Spurs in 5
Thunder in 5

Plus, woo! 3 games on TNT!

Yeah, its not like the Nuggets have the Thunders number or anything, there's really no reason to think they'd win. Nuggets don't have a go to go guy, Thunder have 2. Thunder have great size to stop people from going to the rim at will, and have a great bench to match the Nuggets bench. It should be an interesting series, but I see no way the Nuggets win this, and not saying that being a Thunder fan.

As for the Mavs, who I still watch regularly, they seriously got the worst match up. It'll be interesting to see if Chandler/Haywood can contain LA to some extent. I think Camby will be guarding Dirk, but can't remember how good he guards him, or they might try Crash on him too. I don't really see the Mavs beating the Blazers, they just don't have a 2nd reliable scorer; Jet is trash, unless he's actually playing good, which doesn't happen anymore in the POs.

Celtics in 6
Magic in 7
Bulls in 5
Heat in 6

Blazers in 6
Lakers in 5
Spurs in 7
Thunder in 6

Bread

Banned
dIEHARD said:
Im pissed the Lakers got a cakewalk first round matchup, at least when they played the Jazz the games were close.
Close? Please. The Lakers just tanked a few games to make Sloan feel good about himself.

diehard

Fleer
Bread said:
Close? Please. The Lakers just tanked a few games to make Sloan feel good about himself.
Hows that best PG in the NBA playing for you these days?

edit: come on man a comeback to this one is super easy.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
EAST

Bulls in 6
Heat in 6
Celtics in 5
Magic in 5

WEST

Spurs in 6
Lakers in 4
Blazers in 7
Nuggets in 7

Truphenom

Beast

Bulls in 6
Heat in 5
Celtics in 5
Magic in 6

Rest

Spurs in 6
Lakers in 4
Blazers in 7
Thunder in 6

Cant wait to go to my first playoff game!

Owzers

KingGondo said:

Yeah i'm disappointed Denver couldn't get the Mavs in the first round. I don't have any faith in Durant and Westbrook though, it's Perkins making life difficult for the Denver offense that is troublesome. It will still be a great series to watch as will Mavs/Portland.

Omiee

dIEHARD said:
Im pissed the Lakers got a cakewalk first round matchup, at least when they played the Jazz the games were close.

yeah def, hornets will be easy and by the time we face dallas or portland in the second round they will be tired because that series is going to be tough.
and i hope by the time we reach the WCF the spurs are tired because of their games against memphis and okc or the nuggets

Truphenom

Omiee said:
yeah def, hornets will be easy and by the time we face dallas or portland in the second round they will be tired because that series is going to be tough.
and i hope by the time we reach the WCF the spurs are tired because of their games against memphis and okc or the nuggets

lol, at least you're up front about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom