• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crimson Blur said:
Tony heating up. Thats a great sign.

If you had told me we would have no Manu and that TP would be shooting something like 2-11, I'd thought we'd be down double digits and now we have a chance to tie it at halftime.

I'm happy with that half tbh. I like the gameplan, and I think there are a ton of encouraging signs.

If our guard play picks up like it should, then I expect us to have a big 2nd half.

Heavy said:
Z-bo = most underrated player in the league right now. Quietly averages 20 & 10+ year after year. I'd take him over Dwight.

Heavy said:
Enjoy watching Dwight brick free-throw after free-throw while racking up techs and getting suspended. Dude can't even shoot. Most overrated player in the league.

Heavy said:
Kobe carried Shaq on his back for those 3 rings. Wade carried him for his 4th.

You are just the worst.

jjasper said:
Yeah but there will a problem in the fourth when we don't have any players left.

I posted this earlier, but your guys need to know when to back off. There was that one foul on a Dice rebound (I forgot who committed it) but the rest of the Grizzlies had already run down the court to play D. Dice already had secured the ball over his head and there were 2 other Spurs down there, but they tried to strip it from him anyway. Totally dumb.

jjasper said:
Yeah but there will a problem in the fourth when we don't have any players left.

Our foul trouble is worse unfortunately. Your guards (Sam Young and Tony Allen) have 3 fouls, while our bigs (DeJuan Blair and Dice) have 3 fouls.

At least we have Splitter which we could pull out I guess but I'd rather not.

The Crimson Blur said:
Our foul trouble is worse unfortunately. Your guards (Sam Young and Tony Allen) have 3 fouls, while our bigs (DeJuan Blair and Dice) have 3 fouls.

I wouldn't mind Splitter getting a few of Bonner's minutes in the second half. I like Bonner when he's shooting and hitting 3's, but I don't think he even had 3 point attempts in the first half. Splitter is just as good as Bonner when it comes to awkward dribbling, but Splitter at least rebounds better and draws offense fouls as well.

obijkenobi said:
I posted this earlier, but your guys need to know when to back off. There was that one foul on a Dice rebound (I forgot who committed it) but the rest of the Grizzlies had already run down the court to play D. Dice already had secured the ball over his head and there were 2 other Spurs down there, but they tried to strip it from him anyway. Totally dumb.

This was OJ Mayo, and it was hilariously stupid. He didn't even look like he gave a shit after. Playing hard is one thing, but damn.

The Stealth Fox said:
I can't believe the Lakers are gonna win another championship. The Spurs are such a disappointment truck.

Blame Helmeppo, not us.

But yeah, its bullshit I agree. You can cry on my shoulder if you let me cry on yours. :/

Zeke

The Crimson Blur said:

Splitter is a foul magnet you won't be in long before pop pulls him out again

The Stealth Fox

The Crimson Blur said:
Blame Helmeppo, not us.

But yeah, its bullshit I agree. You can cry on my shoulder if you let me cry on yours. :/

No. Go cry on David Robinson's shoulder. He knows what it is like to be disappointed.

The Stealth Fox said:
I can't believe the Lakers are gonna win another championship. The Spurs are such a disappointment truck.
Confirmation of Kobe's GOAT status will only be 1 ring away if LA wins it this year.

I'm actually serious about this one. Kobe with 2 more rings and a couple more Finals MVPs and he's MJ-level. MJ did it with like 3 or 4 other good teams in the league at the time. Kobe's doing it with an assortment of elite teams where talent is dispersed across the board. LeBron was right about that... contraction is needed.

The Stealth Fox said:
No. Go cry on David Robinson's shoulder. He knows what it is like to be disappointed.

What's funny about that is that I'm pretty sure that Robinson is the most content former NBA player ever. Got his rings and got to settle down and do Christian related charity work in San Antonio including opening up a school. Dude was 100% class. The anti-Kobe in a lot of ways :/

Heavy said:
Confirmation of Kobe's GOAT status will only be 1 ring away if LA wins it this year.

I'm actually serious about this one. Kobe with 2 more rings and a couple more Finals MVPs and he's MJ-level. MJ did it with like 3 or 4 other good teams in the league at the time. Kobe's doing it with an assortment of elite teams where talent is dispersed across the board. LeBron was right about that... contraction is needed.
That's what makes it so bad.

The Stealth Fox

obijkenobi said:
What's funny about that is that I'm pretty sure that Robinson is the most content former NBA player ever. Got his rings and got to settle down and do Christian related charity work in San Antonio including opening up a school. Dude was 100% class. The anti-Kobe in a lot of ways :/

I know David Robinson is a good person. He probably would have been happy winning no championships.

Hakeem's still better.

Heavy said:

jz8e1w.gif

The Stealth Fox said:
I know David Robinson is a good person. He probably would have been happy winning no championships.

Hakeem's still better.

Your spoiler is true. D Rob never had the killer instinct and drive that players like Hakeem, Duncan, Kobe, and MJ had.

The Stealth Fox

obijkenobi said:
Your spoiler is true. D Rob never had the killer instinct and drive that players like Hakeem, Duncan, Kobe, and MJ had.

Hakeem's a good person too. You can win championships and be nice.

See also: Tim Duncan.

The Crimson Blur said:
Woah woah woah obi

What are you doing.

I love D Rob. He's actually the reason I got into the NBA. But it is what it is. Although to be fair with him, those were some sorry ass Spurs teams he dragged with him into the playoffs.

dream said:
Who the fuck would buy a Sidekick after seeing this commercial?

Hey man, they are trying to connect to the young, hip hop culture of their audience. Those old white guys in a board room know you liked his fly rhymes and groovy swag.

The Stealth Fox

obijkenobi said:
I love D Rob. He's actually the reason I got into the NBA. But it is what it is. Although to be fair with him, those were some sorry ass Spurs teams he dragged with him into the playoffs.

Don't you dare slander Vinny Del Negro like that!

Bread

Banned
Heavy said:

Do you really think the thing that's stopping Kobe from being on MJ's level is the amount of rings he has?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Heavy said:

Come on man, don't do this to yourself.

Heavy said:
MJ did it with like 3 or 4 other good teams in the league at the time. Kobe's doing it with an assortment of elite teams where talent is dispersed across the board.

Other than the Celtics, what great teams have the Lakers beaten in the playoffs these last few years? The Western conference has had no real elite teams to compete with LA. Beating a crumbling Spurs team, the Nuggets and the Suns isn't some great achievement.

The Stealth Fox

If he can win a few more MVPs, that will be an amazing feat and yes, he'll probably be the best player ever.

That's like saying if Dikembe Mutombo stayed in the league until he was 80, he'd beat Hakeem's record for blocked shots. So what?

MikeTyson

Banned
Basileus777 said:
Other than the Celtics, what great teams have the Lakers beaten in the playoff these last few years? The Western conference has had no real elite teams to compete with LA. Beating a crumbling Spurs team, the Nuggets and the Suns isn't some great achievement.
No 90s Sonic standout team in the West.

Basileus777 said:
Other than the Celtics, what great teams have the Lakers beaten in the playoff these last few years? The Western conference has had no real elite teams to compete with LA. Beating a crumbling Spurs team, the Nuggets and the Suns isn't some great achievement.

Beating a team with Rafer Alston starting at point guard is a worldly accomplishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom