• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
giri said:
Ugh. He should NOT keep chucking 3's. They'd be better off letting Deng chuck them at this point.

I kind of agree but Rose took over the Pacers game 5 with 3 in a row, I don't know if he should stop shooting them completely as he has proven this year he can make them as he has proven he goes through dry spells with them.

Deng isn't hitting threes either though that he has throughout the year as well.

The thing is, Derrick is getting Rondo space for his jumpers and he can actually hit them so maye he should take more 2 point jumpers to get his confidence going before he starts shooting threes.

I don't want him to abandon threes altogether though because he is getting such good looks.

If they had a scorer of his caliber with him, he wouldn't have to shoot them as much.

Deng can score but while his defense is usually excellent, he hasn't exactly played his best these playoffs either.

giri

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I kind of agree but Rose took over the Pacers game 5 with 3 in a row, I don't know if he should stop shooting them completely as he has proven this year he can make them as he has proven he goes through dry spells with them.

Deng isn't hitting threes either though that he has throughout the year as well.

The thing is, Derrick is getting Rondo space for his jumpers and he can actually hit them so maye he should take more 2 point jumpers to get his confidence going before he starts shooting threes.

I don't want him to abandon threes altogether though because he is getting such good looks.

If they had a scorer of his caliber with him, he wouldn't have to shoot them as much.

Deng can score but while his defense is usually excellent, he hasn't exactly played his best these playoffs either.
His jumpers off in the play off's. Nerves, bad foot, tiredness, bad habbits coming back. Fact is, for 7 games now it hasn't been there. He should be starting off the next game with a self imposed "jumper ban", and only drive and score that way, Maybe seeing a few shots at the rim go in, will get it going again.

dream

Rodeo Clown said:
Because this thread has awesome discussion about all kinds of things.

And people aren't pussies about everything.

well, other than Judas. And some of the new Bulls fans.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Not that I care anymore but the post-season has nothing to do with the award.

I know it's a season award but the playoffs usually show how well-deserved the award was. It's why Dirk got so much shit for losing in the first round when he got the award (and I actually think he did indeed deserved MVP that year). But Rose isn't dissuading his detractors any by doing his best Westbrook impression this post-season.

It's not like we haven't seen a chucker PG before. I was hoping Rose would be an efficient chucker at least. Hopefully he can turn it around in subsequent rounds but it's disapointing to see him play this way against scrub Leastern teams.

giri said:
His jumpers off in the play off's. Nerves, bad foot, tiredness, bad habbits coming back. Fact is, for 7 games now it hasn't been there. He should be starting off the next game with a self imposed "jumper ban", and only drive and score that way, Maybe seeing a few shots at the rim go in, will get it going again.

He can't just attack the rim all game though for many reasons, first and foremost he'd get burntout.

Gigglepoo

How the hell do the Lakers come out flat when they're already down one game? There's no chance this team wins the title this year. I'm officially writing them off. The Heat have more heart than these clowns.

complete lack of urgency and energy. Dallas can turn this into a double digit lead quickly in the 2nd quarter, this has the feeling of one of those games. Kobe and co. better get their shit together.

The Chosen One said:
but it's disapointing to see him play this way against scrub Leastern teams.

Well, the Bulls on the whole have stunk up the court so far(like it was said, they had one great game).

I'd like Rose to play better but he hasn't gotten much help.

Boozer forgot how to play basketball(can't even average over 10 points hardly anymore) and the Bulls lack firepower all around.

Maybe Rose can turn it up against the best of the best like he did all year but I'm just hopeful he'll get the opportunity.

This series isn't looking good so far.

Bishman

Dallas is playing efficient. If we can keep this up and limit turnovers and stupid mistakes like what happened in game 1 - we win tonight.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Let me guess by your reaction, Lakers are down by 5???

Oh, NBA-Age.

I could be wrong though this time.

they're playing like shit. Unlike Bulls fans, Laker fans have higher standards. When our star player shoots like shit, we don't hand him an MVP award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom