• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

threenote

Banned
CherryWoodFuton said:
2011 NBA Playoffs Round 2 OT: DAT 2-4
UaXgL.gif

kevm3

Spurs have some of the most unathletic and old big men around. Bonner sucks. Duncan is not the Duncan of the past. Mcdyess was a veteran when he was on the Pistons and Splitter is a rookie that rarely got time during the regular season. Time for rebuild mode. I think now would be an excellent time for Duncan to retire. Loved when Duncan was dominant, but he wasn't even the go-to guy in this game like he would have been in the past.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Could not be happier to see the Grizz take out the Spurs in 6. Halle-fucking-lujah!

OKC vs. Chicago

Top two options: Durant+Ibaka=Rose+Noah
Losers/chokers: Westbrook+Harden=Boozer+Deng
How is this SG in the league let alone starting? Thabo=Bogans
Other dudes: Perkins+Maynor+Collison=Gibson+Korver+Watson

Admittedly, the Bulls go 11 deep, whereas the Thunder go 8 deep, but you only play 8 guys in the playoffs. Bulls would have HCA and superior coaching, so they'd be favored, but it's a very close matchup, come on.

ryutaro's mama said:
DAT 2-4, the only fucking record that matters.

Z-BoMe absolutely destroyed the 5pur5 in the 4th quarter.

Amazing fucking game.

Congrats, jjasper and bgassassin!!!

Now, give OKC hell...Love, Laker fans.

Thanks. I really don't know what to say about this. I only expected one win to end that absurd playoff losing streak, let alone us even making the playoffs the season. They proved me wrong about them.

exarkun said:
Is there a link to memphis sports radio? Wanna hear em go nuts.

I'd like to for the post game show, but 103.5 online stream is an abomination of ads.

etiolate

Banned
I tell you what guys, you can keep saying Lebron and Wade and Rose all you want, but nobody's talking about the Spurs and their record right now.

Sciz

bgassassin said:
Thanks. I really don't know what to say about this. I only expected one win to end that absurd playoff losing streak, let alone us even making the playoffs the season. They proved me wrong about them.
Seriously. I don't especially follow sports, but until the last few months whenever I did check in since we got them ten years ago it was always another Griz loss.

I'm not at all sure how to deal with Memphis actually winning something, ever.

Sciz said:
Seriously. I don't especially follow sports, but until the last few months whenever I did check in since we got them ten years ago it was always another Griz loss.

I'm not at all sure how to deal with Memphis actually winning something, ever.

Yeah. Memphis teams are very good at snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

smurfx

get some go again
muahaha i was one of the only ones to call memphis beating the spurs. oh god i wish crimson was still around. don't count out memphis either against the thunder. i'm leaning towards the thunder but screw it i'll ride the grizzlies till the western conference finals and then i'll be choosing the lakers.

The Stealth Fox

exarkun said:
I love rockets age, but lately Stealth Fox has been nothing but trolling and I think it has started to affect his honest opinion.

3 superior teams? Please, stop dick riding the east. I know you like to troll Laker's age but in doing so you've started to say dumb stuff. How can you be a superior team when you can't dominate whole games and can't close them out (Heat)? How can you be a superior team when you can't score consistent enough to even match the Grizzlies (Bulls)? IF Celtics get Shaq back and Jermaine keeps playing well, then they may be a legitimate superior team.

1 in each conference, if I take your word for the West.

First of all, since you think I was trolling, well, I'm not going to trust the opinion of a person whose avatar is a whiny crybaby who shoots 2-18 every night. Ariza sucks. He wasn't even worth Yao's disabled player exception.

You can nitpick any team you want. The fact of the matter is: the only reason the Lakers are considered better than the Celtics, Bulls, or Heat is because they're two time defending champions.

And they're gonna walk into the NBA finals like they've done for the last two years. The west is simply a bunch of decent teams fighting each other for the first two rounds, but the west is on it's way out. The Mavs, Suns, and the Jazz have all gotten crappier, and these teams used to be shining examples of why there was parity in the West. And with Roy going downhill, the Blazers have gone from an improving contender to just being stuck as a middling team. Denver is just a collection of role players (that play well together, but they're still a bunch of role players, so they're stuck as a middling team too).

But at the end of the day, the Lakers are just gonna sleepwalk their way into the NBA Finals.

Heat, Celtics, and Bulls are all COMPETITIVE teams that all have legitimate shots of being at the top.

The Hawks and Magic had DECENT teams this year. They weren't great, but they were neither here nor there. The rest are trash. The East is top heavy, the West talent pool is more spread around.

The days of Western Conference parity are pretty much over.

SUPREME1

Banned
dream said:
Remember when Lakers-Age was like but but we need HCA against the spurs HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY DEFEAT TIMMY AND MANU WITHOUT IT

No?

The common attitude was more like "...it'd be best if we have it and we might even be able to catch them, so let's try. But we should beat them regardless..."

Lakers haven't genuinely feared the Spurs since they beat them down when Pau came on board.

Boston replaced them as the team to be scared of temporarily until the Lakeshow got their revenge.

And now, I believe that team is probably the Heat. Two losses to such a raw team means they are not afraid of us because they know they can beat us. They now have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Plus now they've had lots of playing time together, so I think they are a now legit threat. Especially when you consider that they
get a shit ton of shady calls in their favor. Don't be surprised when you see them in the Finals. Stern would love nothing more than to finally be able to present LeStupidCacaFace with a championship trophy and establish the next Jordan/Pippen cash cow dynasty. Fuck the Heat. With fair officiating, Lakeshow would embarrass and dismantle those mouth breathing HGH junkies.

/Rant

Ninja Scooter said:
I don't think the Spurs franchise is going to be able to z-bound from this loss. Duncan era over.

DAT OFFSEASON

It's been over for a while, this season was the last gasp.

Congrats Grizz-Age on your first series win.

No?

The common attitude was more like "...it'd be best if we have it and we might even be able to catch them, so let's try. But we should beat them regardless..."

Lakers haven't genuinely feared the Spurs since they beat them down when Pau came on board.

Boston replaced them as the team to be scared of temporarily until the Lakeshow got their revenge.

Yea, I've said it before but no team in the West scares me. Celtics have my respect, but I'm curious to see how they play against a quality team minus their 2nd best post defender.

SUPREME1

Banned
Donecan

Duncan't

DoneSon/DunSon

I always thought Timmy and Kobe would age and fall off around the same time.

Sucks to see Timmy not be great anymore.

: (

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
SUPREME1 said:
Donecan

Duncan't

DoneSon/DunSon

I always thought Timmy and Kobe would age and fall off around the same time.

Sucks to see Timmy not be great anymore.

: (

when bigs fall off, they fall hard..

dream

Am I really the only person who remembers Lakers-Age going nuts about not having HCA against the Spurs? I mean, you guys melt down a lot but I remember this being a big one.

There was a point in the game tonight where Timmy had the ball and Best Gasol just ripped it from his hands. I'll always remember that as the moment Timmy's career ended.

Tubobutts

viakado said:
Tiamatsword22,
you have the best avatar by far.

i like you. eddie jones was the shit back in the day.

Hell yes he was. I stopped watching basketball for a while when he and Van Exel left the Lakers I was so upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom