• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
LiveFromKyoto said:
Lol please, give it up. There are three serious contenders in the east, but LA with one-legged Kobe is going to slump their way to the finals out of the west. Dallas? OKC? Memphis? Come on, none of those teams are for real. They're all just happy to be in the second round.

Chicago is not more legit than OKC in any way.

sogood.gif

Zeke

The Stealth Fox said:
I knew I shouldn't have believed in you to dethrone the Lakers. A real shame.

They should have all their championships redistributed to the poor.
ok but you need a team first and okc doesn't count

Zeke

threenote said:
nope disappointed that my spurs played like trash, hard to be mad when I was lucky enough to see my home team win 4 titles and was able to celebrate downtown on the river walk and be contenders for a decade.

The Stealth Fox

The West is one superb team and a bunch of decent teams.

The East is 3 superior teams, 1 decent team, and the rest of awful.

I think it all averages out.

EC Semis and Finals will be more entertaining than the WC Semis and Finals.

exarkun

Z-Bo!

gotdamn, great game. and I would like to say a big FUCK YOU to all the ESPN analysts that I had to listen to before the game tell me that the grizz were broken after last game and that the Spurs were going to pull it out.

Shove it up your ass, pondits! Now things are getting crazy!

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Chicago is not more legit than OKC in any way.

They've got the MVP, front court scoring and arguably the league's best D. OKC has K-Dur, Steve Francis and their offence is entirely based around bailout calls. I'll take the Bulls.

The Stealth Fox said:
The West is one superb team and a bunch of decent teams.

The East is 3 superior teams, 1 decent team, and the rest of awful.

I think it all averages out.

EC Semis and Finals will be more entertaining than the WC Semis and Finals.

The Hawks are not decent in any single way, they would have been swept by the Hornets.

They've got the MVP, front court scoring and arguably the league's best D. OKC has K-Dur, Steve Francis and their offence is entirely based around bailout calls. I'll take the Bulls.

I have no idea how someone can say the Bulls have interior scoring, but okay.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I know he didn't do much stats wise but its nice to see Battier help the team that drafted him win their 1st playoff series

Srsly

Banned
OpinionatedCyborg said:
he's done for the playoffs. and he's not a great player anyway.

The Grizzlies have actually played better without him. He's terribe on defense and takes a lot of bad shots on offense.

cuevas said:
What? Why?

I hate their coach, I hate Duncan and his whining, I hate ginobli and his flopping, I hate how boring they constantly are. At least the finals probably won't reach another record low rating like it usually does when they make it :D

dream

Like I said before, in the East the bottom 4 are shit. In the west, the top 4 are shit.

I have the good taste to not cheer for fraudulent teams in the playoffs.

linsivvi

Richard Jefferson

Game 6: 10 mins 0-2 0 points
Series: 29.5 mins .387 6.5 points

So Popovich wasted a summer of work for this? And the Spurs will pay him $10M in the 12-13 season? LOL.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
So proud of the Griz, they played their hearts out and after seeing them for the last 3 years its a great feeling.

Also, lets not forget that the Gasol trade brought Marc and Z-Bo (through cap space). The front office deserves a lot of credit as well.

exarkun

I love rockets age, but lately Stealth Fox has been nothing but trolling and I think it has started to affect his honest opinion.

3 superior teams? Please, stop dick riding the east. I know you like to troll Laker's age but in doing so you've started to say dumb stuff. How can you be a superior team when you can't dominate whole games and can't close them out (Heat)? How can you be a superior team when you can't score consistent enough to even match the Grizzlies (Bulls)? IF Celtics get Shaq back and Jermaine keeps playing well, then they may be a legitimate superior team.

1 in each conference, if I take your word for the West.

numble

viakado said:
can someone find that post of crimson exploding in rapture when the spurs got to 50 wins?
The Crimson Blur said:
champaign.jpg

2poqjuv.jpg

tumblr_l9w4j9zsJo1qz7hx9o1_400.gif

FIFTY.

Its a long time coming but we finally did it. Season mission complete. Everything else is just icing. 14 seasons of .700+ (50 win) seasons. All of Tim Duncan's career. To celebrate, lets take a look back.

tim08.jpg

1998 (56 wins): The rookie year

1999team_750.jpg

1999 (37-13): The first ring

14319fo.jpg

2000 (53 wins): The injury

tddrob.jpg

2001 (58 wins): The twin towers

san_antonio_spurs_alamodome.jpg

2002 (58 wins): Closing out the Alamodome

tim-duncan-and-david-robinson.jpg

2003 (60 wins): D-Rob's farewell

fisher-4.jpg

2004 (57 wins): Heartbreak

robert-horry-2005-nba-championship-trophy-7-time-champion.jpg

2005 (59 wins): The epic series

mt4l8g.jpg

2006 (63 wins): Heartbreak version 2.0

spurs.jpg

2007 (58 wins): Dynasty

Brent%20Barry%20Derek%20Fisher%20foul.jpg

2008 (56 wins): Joey Crawford's revenge

manu-injury.jpg

2009 (54 wins): The offseason injury

1111spurs608.jpg

2010 (50 wins): Incorporating new faces

2011: ???

14 consecutive seasons

Awesome
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26259949&postcount=1230

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Best part, the Griz TANKED so they could get the Spurs.

HUGE

BALLS

DANCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom