• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiamatsword22 said:
Hell yes he was. I stopped watching basketball for a while when he and Van Exel left the Lakers I was so upset.
same here bro. i had eddie jones withdrawals for at least a couple of years.
i always knew kobe would be where he's at now, but i gotta be honest, i still like eddie jones far more than i like kobe. too bad he always disappeared in the playoffs.

jjasper

2hqtg5e.gif
2hqtg5e.gif

2hqtg5e.gif
2hqtg5e.gif

smurfx

get some go again
viakado said:
same here bro. i had eddie jones withdrawals for at least a couple of years.
i always knew kobe would be where he's at now, but i gotta be honest, i still like eddie jones far more than i like kobe. too bad he always disappeared in the playoffs.
i remember always hoping for years after the trade that eddie jones would somehow come back to the lakers.

The Stealth Fox

Rockets traded Gay for Battier. Rockets eventually get out of first round.

Grizzlies get Battier back, Gay goes down. Grizzlies get out of first round.

smurfx said:
i remember always hoping for years after the trade that eddie jones would somehow come back to the lakers.
he did want to come back to the lakers. after his contract ended in charlotte, he wanted a 7yr max contract from jerry west.
lol

The Stealth Fox said:
Rockets traded Gay for Battier. Rockets eventually get out of first round.

Grizzlies get Battier back, Gay goes down. Grizzlies get out of first round.

Problem with that is Battier was also a main cog of the 0-12 days. Then again being a main cog was a part of that problem as well.

The Stealth Fox

bgassassin said:
Problem with that is Battier was also a main cog of the 0-12 days. Then again being a main cog was a part of that problem as well.

Yes, but having Pau Gasol ruined everything. Remove Pau and everyone flourishes.

jjasper

This series has pretty much decided it in my mind Marc>Pau. Pau went and hid in playoff games while he was here while Marc fights for every rebound and doesn't give a fuck about anyone.

Well I liked the Pau trade and some of us compared it to Baron Davis being traded from the Hornets. I also give Chris Wallace credit for not doing the trade unless Marc Gasol was included. Wallace did a lot to work within the tight guidelines Heisley had in place.

The Stealth Fox said:
Do the Lakers make it to 3 straight Finals if they have Vin Baker on their team?

Y/N?

Right, right...this again.

Let me help you:

Do the Lakers 3 Peat in 2000-02 with Penny Hardaway/T-Mac/Vince Carter/Steve Francis/Harold Miner/Cherokee Parks instead of Kobe?

Y/N?

jjasper

bgassassin said:
Well I liked the Pau trade and some of us compared it to Baron Davis being traded from the Hornets. I also give Chris Wallace credit for not doing the trade unless Marc Gasol was included. Wallace did a lot to work within the tight guidelines Heisley had in place.

I am sure Pop doesn't quite feel the same way as he did after it went down.

Also I think at this point Heisley keeps the team together for next year even if it means losing Mayo for nothing afterwards because he has reason to believe this team can do something special next year.

Edit: Also pretty amazing to think that the reason we won this game is because Vasquez was able to keep things afloat in the first half when Conley was getting everything called on him.

The Stealth Fox

ryutaro's mama said:

Let me help you:

Do the Lakers 3 Peat in 2000-02 with Penny Hardaway/T-Mac/Vince Carter/Steve Francis/Harold Miner/Cherokee Parks instead of Kobe?

Y/N?

They do it with Anfernee and Tracy.

ryutaro's mama said:

Let me help you:

Y/N?

100% they 3-peat with Orlando T-Mac.

numble said:
AC Green, Medvedenko and Horace Grant are better?
not saying they're better.
its just elden blew so much close shots, he had the physical talent to be good.
at least ac green and horace tried and hustled very hard.
elden was a complete dumbass.

jjasper said:
I am sure Pop doesn't quite feel the same way as he did after it went down.

Also I think at this point Heisley keeps the team together for next year even if it means losing Mayo for nothing afterwards because he has reason to believe this team can do something special next year.

Yeah. Of course at the time I thought the Wizards would have been the best team to target.

And I agree that after this first round Heisley will do what he can to keep the team together as best as possible. I think it would be good for Mayo to get a change of scenery as well even though the Indiana trade was kind of absurd to me.

jjasper

bgassassin said:
Yeah. Of course at the time I thought the Wizards would have been the best team to target.

And I agree that after this first round Heisley will do what he can to keep the team together as best as possible. I think it would be good for Mayo to get a change of scenery as well even though the Indiana trade was kind of absurd to me.

I understand the thinking on the Indiana trade from our perspective though. We basically have Arthur on the bench for the backcourt and McRoberts could potentially get some good minutes in there to give Zach or Marc a break but it seems like so little for OJ. Yeah he has sucked at points this year but at the same time he has clearly grown up, matured and accepted that yeah being a 6th man that basically can shoot at will and not have to worry too much on defense has its benefits. He is getting better and could develop into a big time scorer while I don't think McRoberts will ever be any better than he is right now.

Edit: No games tomorrow? Holy shit I might actually get some school work done now.

giri

ryutaro's mama said:

Let me help you:

Y/N?
Y

Blackface

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:

Let me help you:

Y/N?

In the early 2000's you could have replaced Kobe with Vince and they would have still won championships so long as Shaq was Shaq.

Vince at one point was one of the elite players in the NBA. He was a freak of nature. He injured and ate himself into being a second and third option though.

In 2000-2001 Vince averaged 27.6 PPG, 5.5 RPG and 4 APG.

Blackface said:
In the early 2000's you could have replaced Kobe with Vince and they would have still won championships so long as Shaq was Shaq.

Vince at one point was one of the elite players in the NBA. He was a freak of nature. He injured and ate himself into being a second and third option though.
are you talking about this vince?
0048_nhwi.gif

yeah, coldblooded, heart of a champion all right!

pretty sure he was a lot less mature mentally when that photo was taken, trax.
unless you think time travel is possible.
Back to the future..and back!

Blackface

Banned
viakado said:
pretty sure he was a lot less mature mentally when that photo was taken, trax.
unless you think time travel is possible.
Back to the future..and back!

Early 2000's Vince was an absolute monster. It's to bad injuries stopped his development, and then eating took hold. Seeing Blake do what he is doing, makes me very nervous. I saw what all that dunking did to Vince.

Darkman M

Blackface said:

In 2000-2001 Vince averaged 27.6 PPG, 5.5 RPG and 4 APG.

Doesn't matter if you go limp when shit get real lol, Vince carter had no heart ever.

Gigglepoo

The Pacers would have broken Vince's vagina in the first quarter of Game 1. Hell, the Blazers would never have given up their ridiculous fourth quarter lead. No way the Lakers win titles with Vince in Kobe's place.

Blackface

Banned
Darkman M said:
Doesn't matter if you go limp when shit get real lol, Vince carter had no heart ever.

This a joke? Vince Carter averaged 27 PPG, 6.5 RPG and 5 APG in the playoffs when he was one shot away from taking us to the Eastern Conference finals. In the 2006 playoffs he averaged 30 PPG 7 RPG and 5.3 APG. He led the US Olympic team to a gold medal, as the leading scorer on the team. When he had heart, and was a good player, he was not on a really good team. It really had nothing to do with him.

Hell, he would have taken us to the NBA finals, but we had nobody who could match up with a prime Allen Iverson (who really could though). If he hit that shot and we ended up winning, we would have made it to the finals.

Vince used to be a monster. He was one of the most feared players in the NBA in the early 2000's. But this changed drastically has his career went forward. He changed as a person and a player(in terms of sport). If people think Blake looks like a Beast now, then they never watched what Vince did to people. He would destroy mother fuckers. I don't know what happened to him. Maybe the injuries effected him mentally. But he changed drastically, it was sad to watch.

lol-spurs.jpg

I was hoping they would pull through. Didn't think they would end up in the history books like this. I wonder what they do with that roster next season, especially with Parker. He's not 30 yet, but he's shown he's not a franchise player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom