• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
RobotChant said:
lol-spurs.jpg

I was hoping they would pull through. Didn't think they would end up in the history books like this. I wonder what they do with that roster next season, especially with Parker. He's not 30 yet, but he's shown he's not a franchise player.
hopefully the spurs go back into obscurity.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
ahahahaha Spurs. smmfh

Not only did Memphis tank in the reg season to play these frauds, they were also missing their best player. Just fucking embarrassing....

And this result after all those "DAT" posts we had to endure all fucking year long too? Where is your DAT now, huh? WHERE IS YOUR DAT NOW?!

All season long most of Lakers-Age knew what the fuck was up too. Very few believed the hype. Hell, even Pop knew... he's been saying it all year long for fucks sakes.

What an absolutely fitting end to an era.
Yeah, I'm still extremely salty about 2003. So what? Kiss my ass.

linsivvi

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/38103

Hey Ric, I heard that Dwight Howard confronted you about those rumors that he's maybe heading to LA, is it true?

Ric Bucher

"Confront" is a little strong, but yes, he asked me as soon as I walked into the lockerroom where he was going. Half playful, half-why-are-you-stirring-this-up-and-making-me-deal-with-it. And I completely understand his frustration. Hard to have a completely frank, honest conversation in the middle of a lockerroom with teammates and other reporters looking on with keen interest. All I can tell you is this: I wouldn't have broached the subject if I hadn't been told under no uncertain terms, by someone who should know, that Dwight will opt out of his last year in Orlando and by GMs that they already know, based on their conversations, that Otis knows he's going to have to do something.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
And fuck TCB for getting banned.

After all the shit talking and trolling he did this season he wont even have to man up to his bullshit.

He was dick-riding Neal, Blair and Bonner hard. And what the fuck did they do tonight? Not a god damn thing.

Can't wait for the Thunder / Grizz series though. Should be a lot of fun.
ryutaro's mama said:
lol I remember I was absolutely certain it was going down when he shot it too. I was CERTAIN of it! Heart. Break. City.

But the thing that hurt the most was watching Fish weeping on the bench. Fish was my favorite Laker back then and that shit huuuurt to watch. Didn't help when my grandmother started to cry along with him. Fuck :(

Forceatowulf said:
lol I remember I was absolutely certain it was going down when he shot it too. I was CERTAIN of it! Heart. Break. City.

But the thing that hurt the most was watching Fish weeping on the bench. Fish was my favorite Laker back then and that shit huuuurt to watch. Didn't help when my grandmother started to cry along with him. Fuck :(

I just sat stunned in my living afterwards realizing, there was no way the Lakers could win that series.

We were a second round out.

0.4 the next year seemed like poetic justice...but then the Finals started.

linsivvi

Blackface said:
So he basically just admitted he made up the LA thing, but not opting out.

Good to know.

It's Ric Bucher, of course he makes things up. There's no way he can tell where Dwight will go in a season.

But it's obvious that Dwight won't be in Orlando after next season unless they drastically improve their team.

giri

linsivvi said:
It's Ric Bucher, of course he makes things up. There's no way he can tell where Dwight will go in a season.

But it's obvious that Dwight won't be in Orlando after next season unless they drastically improve their team.
Fire SVG, hire gentry.

linsivvi said:

Predicting Dwight opts out don't take no secret source in-the-know. Even Tim Duncan opted out of his contract with the Spurs once a upon a time ago. The question is whether Dwight has the balls to be the bad guy and sign with another team. the only dominant stars in their prime in the modern era who jumped teams are Shaq and Lebron. Though Dwight going after his baby's Mom for violating their gag order may be a clue into him being ready to put people in their place to get what he wants.

giri

RobotChant said:
Predicting Dwight opts out don't take no secret source in-the-know. Even Tim Duncan opted out of his contract with the Spurs once a upon a time ago. The question is whether Dwight has the balls to be the bad guy and sign with another team. the only dominant stars in their prime in the modern era who jumped teams are Shaq and Lebron. Though Dwight going after his baby's Mom for violating their gag order may be a clue into him being ready to put people in their place to get what he wants.

I don't know, it could very depend on a lot of things under the new CBA.

Omiee

Wake up to the spurs losing, AWESOME!!
man to bad TCB is not here so we can make fun of him, but im sure he is reading this.
so LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

anyhow cant wait for the lakers dallas series.

linsivvi

RobotChant said:

Signing with another team does not make one a bad guy. It's in how you handle it.

Only Shaq and Lebron jumped team? Sure if you limit your criteria to the top 5 players at the time and that the player must wait until free agency before leaving. Most stars jumped teams by demanding a trade and/or indicating he won't resign with the team. They got traded because the management know they will lose them for nothing otherwise.

You think if Lebron had the decency to tell the Cavs that he's not coming back they would just let him walk away for nothing?

In Shaq's case, the Magic screwed up. I am sure the newspaper poll didn't help either.

Derwind

Welp, you had a good regular season run Spurs-age. I told you though, Richard Jefferson is a cancer. ^_^

He screwed you over big time this series with his absolutely horrid production and complete waste of minutes.

I'll never forgive RJ for kicking us out first round in the playoffs in back in 2007. I hate everyone on that new jersey roster...

RobotChant said:

There are plenty of other "dominant stars" who went to play elsewhere. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Wilt Chamberlain went to LA themselves. Personally, as wild and emotional as Dwight can be on the court, I doubt that this year's first round exit, and the fact that he put up 46 points and 19 rebounds and still lost to the Hawks is int he back of his mind. And the fact that the Magic may never top the form they had a few years ago. Meanwhile he watches teams like LA who've had a dynasty going the past few years, and potential new dynasty's coming into shape in Miami, New York, and Chicago. I can't see the Magic competing with the likes of those guys a few years down the road unless some "magic" happens in Orlando and they're able to sign and draft some major components.

Well, what happened yesterday was completely expected. When you don't have anyone even capable of slowing down Zach Randolph, you have no business advancing. Major props to the Grizz, they wanted the Spurs and they took advantage of our weaknesses. Good luck to them moving forward, they have lots of hearts and young talent.

As for my team, there are lots of questions to answer in the upcoming months and obviously contending for a championship looks like a pipe dream for the foreseeable future, but I'll continue to support them no matter what, because even in defeat they're the most classy team in the league and I'm proud to be their fan, as I have been since I was 8 years old, almost 21 years ago.

Derwind

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
Well, what happened yesterday was completely expected. When you don't have anyone even capable of slowing down Zach Randolph, you have no business advancing. Major props to the Grizz, they wanted the Spurs and they took advantage of our weaknesses. Good luck to them moving forward, they have lots of hearts and young talent.

As for my team, there are lots of questions to answer in the upcoming months and obviously contending for a championship looks like a pipe dream for the foreseeable future, but I'll continue to support them no matter what, because even in defeat they're the most classy team in the league and I'm proud to be their fan, as I have been since I was 8 years old, almost 21 years ago.

Dude, besides game 1 and 2, Richard Jeffersons stat line was atrocious. SMFH....

There was absolutely no effort for the amount of minutes he got this series.

Game 1 said:
PLAYER POS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OFF DEF TOT AST PF ST TO BS BA PTS
R. Jefferson F 36:57 4-6 2-3 3-4 0 0 6 6 2 3 0 1 0 0 13

Game 2 said:
R. Jefferson F 33:34 5-8 3-6 3-4 +4 0 4 4 0 2 0 2 0 0 16

Game 3 said:
R. Jefferson F 35:52 1-4 0-2 2-2 0 1 4 5 0 2 1 1 1 0 4

Game 4 said:
R. Jefferson F 26:47 0-4 0-1 0-0 -12 0 4 4 2 3 1 0 1 0 0

Game 5 said:
R. Jefferson F 32:56 2-7 1-4 1-1 0 1 4 5 1 3 1 1 0 0 6

Game 6 said:
R. Jefferson F 10:13 0-2 0-1 0-0 -13 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0

The Stealth Fox

Man, every time I think about Yao Ming's career, it really hurts.

Every year he starts to dominate and show that he's the best center in the league, injuries got the best of him.

I'm glad he got a series win to show what he could do if he was healthy. If he was healthy through that whole Lakers series, who knows how that could have turned out...

He got Penny Hardaway'd.

:(

ryutaro's mama said:

I dented a wall with my fist because of that miss.

Forceatowulf said:
And fuck TCB for getting banned.

After all the shit talking and trolling he did this season he wont even have to man up to his bullshit.

He was dick-riding Neal, Blair and Bonner hard. And what the fuck did they do tonight? Not a god damn thing.

Can't wait for the Thunder / Grizz series though. Should be a lot of fun.

What's even worse is that the final game of that series was when The Matrix Reloaded came out. Talk about been in a bad mode for a bad movie.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Man just got done watching the Spurs/Griz on ESPN3.

Z-Bo seriously put in an all-time great Playoff 4th quarter. He just couldn't miss, just throwing up ridiculous shots.

Grats to the Grizzlies fans. The crowd was awesome.

jjasper

StickSoldier said:
Grizz/Thunder.. Who would think they would be playing each other in the WSCF. Should be a good series.

This series is a preview of the future of the western conference get on the hype train now.

exarkun

Stealth, you're breaking my heart with some of this stuff man. Too early in the morning for that type of stuff. Though, your post about the eastern conference in reply to mine was pretty good. I still like the fact that most of the West's talents are spread out more than the east, but thats whatever.

And wtf are people talking about Dwight and LA for? You mean he's going to the clippers? Cause the Lakers already have their Big Sexy, or are you already willing to forsake him?

SamuraiX-

Boston vs Miami and OKC vs Memphis tomorrow?

Cannot fucking wait.

I've always never really liked the Spurs. Feel like they cheated the Suns out of a championship. But seeing the end of an era go out like this... I just feel embarrassed for them.

RobotChant said:
lol-spurs.jpg

I was hoping they would pull through. Didn't think they would end up in the history books like this. I wonder what they do with that roster next season, especially with Parker. He's not 30 yet, but he's shown he's not a franchise player.

lol

The Stealth Fox

exarkun said:
Stealth, you're breaking my heart with some of this stuff man. Too early in the morning for that type of stuff. Though, your post about the eastern conference in reply to mine was pretty good. I still like the fact that most of the West's talents are spread out more than the east, but thats whatever.

And wtf are people talking about Dwight and LA for? You mean he's going to the clippers? Cause the Lakers already have their Big Sexy, or are you already willing to forsake him?

If Dwight comes to LA, Karakand is going to slit his wrists.

The Stealth Fox said:
Man, every time I think about Yao Ming's career, it really hurts.

Every year he starts to dominate and show that he's the best center in the league second best center in the league, injuries got the best of him.

I'm glad he got a series win to show what he could do if he was healthy. If he was healthy through that whole Lakers series, who knows how that could have turned out...

He got Penny Hardaway'd.

:(
fixed

SamuraiX-

Oden Looks At Free Agency As 'His Move'

RealGM said:
Greg Oden will be a restricted free agent during this offseason and the Blazers are almost certain to extend the qualifying offer.

But there are also reports that the Blazers may make a four-year, $40 million offer.

"The way I look at it," he said, "is that it's not their move. It's my move. Everyone says it's their move. I think it's my move."

There is inherent risk in offering long-term money, but it could prove to be a below market contract if Oden remains healthy.

As one Eastern Conference executive put it on Friday, "If you know Oden is a 1-in-20 shot to come back and be a factor, you have to take it. Because not signing him, you have a 0-in-20 shot of being there if he does.

"Still, $40 mil makes you think."

It's sad because Oden will never live up to his true potential in Portland. He's not a bust by definition and we all know that, but that's gonna be how he's remembered if he doesn't go to a team with a competent medical staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom