• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavy said:
Watch and see. The entire team is going to be much more aggressive, especially Pau who's probably gonna come out on fire. This was a fluke... more quotes:

I'm mad. Maybe it's you just having you being a faithful fan but I think it's more you being a typical Lakers fan that thinks the Lakers will win championships till the end of time. You guys can't always win, and when you guys are down 0-3 man up and admit that you guys played bad three times in a row while Mavs played 3 good ones. And stop calling this series a "fluke".

Heavy said:
If I'm trolling then Kobe's trolling as well. Nobody thought the Flyers and Red Sox could come back down 3-0 and guess what? Shit happens. I'm done here. I'll take the ban like a man. See you in October.

Bye.

claviertekky said:
Most Lakers fans only grew up to know the Lakers, so if the Lakers are not winning, the fans become scared and start saying other things like the refs sucked or player x messed the whole thing up.

The fans really don't know why they lost, and they just want a scapegoat in order to feel justified.

So you're saying they're exactly the same as fans of every other team?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Rodeo Clown said:
I'm on episode 2 of season 3 and Omar's triumphant return was awesome. Although I've heard a lot of bad things about Season 3, like Amsterdam is some crime against humanity or something. But I somehow made it through season 2, so I think I'm ready.

Season 2 was the worst one. You're in the clear now. Season 4 is the greatest.

Jamesfrom818 said:
Its 11:00 in the morning on a Saturday. We've got shit to do. Well, I do anyway

No, I'm just saying that he still has hope and all this...which is nice...but when you're spewing bullshit like "We're the better team, fluke loss, etc." then the dude is in denial

Blackface said:
IUtKG.jpg

Damn look at that youngsta at top..Is that his rookie year pic? Dude never ages.....

What the odds a possible ejection today in Mia/Bos? Its gonna be War

clav

LiveFromKyoto said:
So you're saying they're exactly the same as fans of every other team?
To a certain extent, yes.

Some fans have usually matured to in recognizing fouls and why they are given. They understand a team loses a game not because of one person or one event, and that it is a collective number of reasons usually involving team work.

However, some fans want to call foul on every play and get mad why there was no call or say player X sucks and ruined the game. For instance, Kobe has trained the Lakers fans about this. He always gets mad when he drives up and misses because he expects a call regardless if it's wrong. That's bad mannered.

I guess what I'm describing is types of fans. The Lakers fans are easy for me to compare since I grew up in that medium.

SamuraiX-

Bishman said:
Impact_of_Dirk_medium.jpg

Lakers best bet is to score as much points when Dirk is off the court.

The chart is amazing. Dirk is the MVP of the post season right now. He really has been amazing.

I'm pushing for Dallas to get the chip this season.

The Bulls are still young, fuck the LLLs in Miami, Atlanta doesn't give a fuck, and neither does Boston anymore apparently.

Thunder and Memphis are still up and coming.

Boston and Dallas are the only two teams that have gone through periodic failures already and deserve to take it more than any of the these other young bucks.

Bishman

You see how Tyson Chandler is still positive without Dirk? What is everyone opinion about Chandler with the Mavericks? I love how Chandler is so agile on his feet to defend the pick 'n roll or when we run zone.

sf2fanatic said:
Damn look at that youngsta at top..Is that his rookie year pic? Dude never ages.....

Have you seen him lately? His head is bigger than Barry Bonds' head. Not figuratively. The size of it. It's huge.

Bishman said:
You see how Tyson Chandler is still positive without Dirk? What is everyone opinion about Chandler with the Mavericks? I love how Chandler is so agile on his feet to defend the pick 'n roll or when we run zone.

he is getting destroyed in the paint by bynum but what is he supposed to do? i don't like his flopping against bynum though. other than that he has done his job and has chipped in some easy oops/dunks

Bishman said:

I like him, but he's been neutralized in this series for the most part. The only player the Mavs have not making a big impact, besides Stevenson.

He will be more useful going forward since Bynum and Howard are pretty much the only 2 guys who could probably give him fits.

Black Mamba said:
I like him, but he's been neutralized in this series for the most part. The only player the Mavs have not making a big impact, besides Stevenson.

He will be more useful going forward since Bynum and Howard are pretty much the only 2 guys who could probably give him fits.

Agreed.

Loki

Count of Concision
Black Mamba said:

Chandler hasn't been playing GREAT or anything, but his size alone has caused problems for LA, and, more importantly, he's an athletic big who can go up and catch alley-oops over the Laker bigs and finish strong over LA's size inside. Few players in the league can or are willing to do that, and he's one of them. LA's size/length usually intimidates most players/teams from even trying to score inside.

Lkr

Ok so Odom REALLY needs to start over Pau tomorrow. Shannon should also start. I know gaf hates him, but he really provided solid production yesterday.

PG- Fisher
SG- Brown
SF- Kobe
PF- Odom
C- Drew

We cannot rely on Pau. Let him come off the bench and play pick and roll with Steve Blake or something, I don't know. I don't think Artest should start either because Brown and Odom starting will provide more offensive firepower.

Lkr said:
Ok so Odom REALLY needs to start over Pau tomorrow. Shannon should also start. I know gaf hates him, but he really provided solid production yesterday.

PG- Fisher
SG- Brown
SF- Kobe
PF- Odom
C- Drew

We cannot rely on Pau. Let him come off the bench and play pick and roll with Steve Blake or something, I don't know. I don't think Artest should start either because Brown and Odom starting will provide more offensive firepower.

I guess if you're gonna get swept, you should go out in style.

Lkr said:

PG- Fisher
SG- Brown
SF- Kobe
PF- Odom
C- Drew

Artest's defense and rotations on shooters is more valuable than what Shannon provides, especially since playing Kobe at the 3 makes it easier for Dallas to put their small backcourt in or have their best defender (Marion) guard Kobe.

giri

Black Mamba said:

what is this shit.

Chandler has been ballin the whole series. His interior D and the PnR has been outstanding. The only thing he's done wrong is not push bynum out as far as i'd like a few times. But bynums not a small body

Shadow780

Lkr said:

PG- Fisher
SG- Brown
SF- Kobe
PF- Odom
C- Drew

I'd agree with you but the sad truth is, when Pau doesn't play well, the Lakers don't win championships. It's that simple.

diehard

Fleer
ssolitare said:
Funny how everyone argrees that LA can come back from 3 games down if Paul plays well.

It's so sad to see, oh well lakers
I agree, if Paul was on their team instead of Fisher they could come back from 3 games down.

giri

ssolitare said:
Funny how everyone argrees that LA can come back from 3 games down if Paul plays well.

It's so sad to see, oh well lakers
Everyone? i think everyone not a laker has moved on to series that aren't over. Some delusional laker fans think they can sweep from here on out, but it's not happening.

Lakers could have come back down 2-0, but they're not coming back down 3-0 even if Pau somehow finds himself. You need room for error somewhere and right now there is none. The series is done.

KEVIN DING
Kobe dismissed theory about discord between his wife and Pau's girlfriend: "They barely know each other."

J.A. Adande
Kobe was shown internet report that's floating around Reax: "They barely know each other." [U can fill in the gaps. I'm done].

KEVIN DING
Pau expressed dismay at "lies" reported about personal life upsetting people "very close to me." "To me, it's sad."

KEVIN DING
Phil said of his kids: "They think they have to hustle in (for possibility it is) last game I coach." They r coming against his wishes

Cubsfan23 said:

Huh, yeah.

Forgot the Pissed-Ons got swept by Pippen and Jeffrey.

Just further cements my point in regards to how some here would try to look at this situation and frame it as though it's somehow just the 2011 Lakers that have had this issue in the 3Peat year.

giri said:
what is this shit.

Chandler has been ballin the whole series. His interior D and the PnR has been outstanding. The only thing he's done wrong is not push bynum out as far as i'd like a few times. But bynums not a small body

The lakers scored like 70 points in the paint last night. They've shot like 15% from 3 in the series.

They're losing the game outside the arc on both sides of the ball.

Chandler hasn't played poorly, but he hasn't had much of an impact. Bynum has outplayed him. Peja, Terry, Dirk, Kidd, Barea are the 5 that have hurt the Lakers. I've barely noticed Chandler in this series.

It's hard for me to say someone is "ballin'" when they are scoring and rebounding less in more minutes while his counterpart is above his averages against him. Lakers run the PnR with gasol whose defended by Dirk, anyway. I've hardly seen Tyson put in PnR spots.

You just hate giving Andrew "not as good as Roy Hibbert" Bynum any credit. That's on you.

Once the Lakers are out I'm switching from Heat to Mavs. Dirk has made a fan out of me he's balling his ass off and if he can take these bums to a title, he pretty much makes the "Best Player of his Era" a table for 4 instead of 3 along with Shaq, Duncan and Kobe. It'd be a Hakeem-esque performance in terms of supporting cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom