• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
people need to give credit to the mavs. you can say kobe has lost a step and pau hasn't played up to par, but the mavs have worked their asses off. a 38 year old kidd is on kobe. it's not some 6'8 22 year old tashaun prince on him or something. the mavs are executing on offense and defense and they aren't panicking when they get down in the 4th quarter.

because it's the lakers this will obviously be "what's wrong with the lakers!" talk after every game, but it really should be about what is RIGHT with the mavericks because they are taking this series, not having it given to them.

Blackface said:
Kobe's 17 point performance didn't help last night to say the least.

Laker fans throwing Pau under the bus.

Ugh...

When he shoots too much, he's a ballhog.

When he has a fairly efficient night shooting (I think he was 8-16 or something last night) he doesn't do enough.

He's always wrong in the eyes of haters like you--what else is new?

Pau had 12 points last night and let the opposing PF torch him all night and for the most part, all series.

If Pau hits his averages last night and attempts to defend Dirk, they probably win going away.

Tom Penny said:
Pau is the new scapegoat. He carries Kobe and the Lakers to back to back titles and gets shitted on now.

Pau isn't the scapegoat, he is an obvious issue this series for people who are actually watching the games and aren't trolling.

Pau was amazing in the post season the last 3 years and I've said this before:

I LIKE PAU

but this post season, he has been mentally checked out and the Lakers absolutely can't win without him.

Blackface

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
Ugh...

When he shoots too much, he's a ballhog.

When he has a fairly efficient night shooting (I think he was 8-16 or something last night) he doesn't do enough.

He's always wrong in the eyes of haters like you--what else is new?

Pau had 12 points last night and let the opposing PF torch him all night and for the most part, all series.

If Pau hits his averages last night and attempts to defend Dirk, they probably win going away.

Pau isn't the scapegoat, he is an obvious issue this series for people who are actually watching the games and aren't trolling.

Pau was amazing in the post season the last 3 years and I've said this before:

I LIKE PAU

but this post season, he has been mentally checked out and the Lakers absolutely can't win without him.

Please stop trying to defend Kobe's performance last night.

Kobe is the first and second option on the Lakers. He is the player the entire team is built around. It's his job not to score 17 points and look completely defeated.

The fact is, nobody is at fault. The Lakers are getting beaten by a superior team. Dirk is clearly better then Kobe is at this age, and is eating the Lakers for lunch.

Also LOL @ Pau defending Dirk. Lol @ any Laker defending Dirk. This is playoff Dirk. Playoff Dirk is superior to Playoff Kobe. 25-11 career playoff average > your favorite Laker.

Dirk-Nowitzki.jpg

clav

FrenchMovieTheme said:
people need to give credit to the mavs. you can say kobe has lost a step and pau hasn't played up to par, but the mavs have worked their asses off. a 38 year old kidd is on kobe. it's not some 6'8 22 year old tashaun prince on him or something. the mavs are executing on offense and defense and they aren't panicking when they get down in the 4th quarter.

because it's the lakers this will obviously be "what's wrong with the lakers!" talk after every game, but it really should be about what is RIGHT with the mavericks because they are taking this series, not having it given to them.
Most Lakers fans only grew up to know the Lakers, so if the Lakers are not winning, the fans become scared and start saying other things like the refs sucked or player x messed the whole thing up.

The fans really don't know why they lost, and they just want a scapegoat in order to feel justified.

SamuraiX-

Blackface said:
Kobe only has 11

Good luck Rose.

I could honestly see Rose getting maybe 20 games with +40 points or more in the Playoffs.

It would probably take another 10-12 years, but I definitely think he can do it.

Blackface said:
Please stop trying to defend Kobe's performance last night.

Kobe is the first and second option on the Lakers. He is the player the entire team is built around. It's his job not to score 17 points and look completely defeated.

Like I said, when he tries to run the offense and get everyone involved, he's wrong.

If the Lakers won last night and Kobe finished with 17 points on 8-16 shooting, you'd have other shit to say.

Whether he's jacking up 20+ shots or being the facilitator, he's wrong in your eyes.

True definition of being a hater.

Meanwhile in Toronto, the guy that you are the #1 apologist for (the same guy the team was built around) fled to MIA to get his "life rights" in order and become a #4 option on that team.

Tom Penny

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Nah. Dallas got lucky they caught LA in the playoffs when Kobe got old right before our eyes.

Derwind

ryutaro's mama said:
Meanwhile in Toronto, the guy that you are the #1 apologist for (the same guy the team was built around) fled to MIA to get his "life rights" in order and become a #4 option on that team.

Well if its any consolation, very few people on that ish anymore, soon as he left we realized how much of a soft ass puss he was.

Sanjuro

Seems weird to have a big game Saturday night. Usually the NBA are cowards about having games in the middle of the weekend.

I'm ready though!

Blackface

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
Like I said, when he tries to run the offense and get everyone involved, he's wrong.

If the Lakers won last night and Kobe finished with 17 points on 8-16 shooting, you'd have other shit to say.

Whether he's jacking up 20+ shots or being the facilitator, he's wrong in your eyes.

True definition of being a hater.

WTF are you even talking about

1. Point me towards any post where I said Kobe sucks for taking over 20 shots. I have never said this in my entire time posting on Neogaf. How about we make a permanent avatar bet about this?

2. Of course I would have nothing to say if they won, because, well, they WON. But guess what? They didn't win. So stop this hypothetical nonsense.

Kobe is the leader of the team and didn't play anything like one last night. It was embarrassing.

Kobe says they can still win the series: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-spears_kobe_bryant_mavericks_deficit_upset_crazy_050711

Kobe said:
“I might be sick in the head or crazy or thrown off or something like that, but I still think we are going to win this series,” Bryant said. “I might be nuts. Win on Sunday. Go back home and see if they can win in L.A.”

When asked where that confidence comes from, the five-time NBA champion said: “I don’t know. I’m just nuts.”

Honestly, I'm with him on this. This last loss was a total fluke. They were up by 6 going into the 4th and due to their perimeter D taking a hit with Artest suspended the Mavs were allowed to bomb away without much pressure. It was a fluke. LA is the better team.

Win game 4 then it goes back to LA for game 5 which is a win, then carrying that HUGE momentum from winning back-to-back games they'll win game 6 in Dallas, and then finally clinch it at home for game 7 in a blowout. I can see this happening. Kobe sees it too.

Blackface

Banned
Heavy said:
Kobe says they can still win the series: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-spears_kobe_bryant_mavericks_deficit_upset_crazy_050711

Honestly, I'm with him on this. This last loss was a total fluke. They were up by 6 going into the 4th and due to their perimeter D taking a hit with Artest suspended the Mavs were allowed to bomb away without much pressure. It was a fluke. LA is the better team.

Win game 4 then it goes back to LA for game 5 which is a win, then carrying that HUGE momentum from winning back-to-back games they'll win game 6 in Dallas, and then finally clinch it at home for game 7 in a blowout. I can see this happening. Kobe sees it too.

The Lakers just lost back to back home games in the playoffs to the Dallas Mavericks.

What the hell are you talking about.

Blackface said:
The Lakers just lost back to back home games in the playoffs to the Dallas Mavericks.

Watch and see. The entire team is going to be much more aggressive, especially Pau who's probably gonna come out on fire. This was a fluke... more quotes:

Kobe said:
“We [expletive] up,” Bryant said. “Stuff we went over [Friday] morning in the fourth quarter, [expletives] just didn’t do it. They didn’t make the [defensive] rotations they were supposed to. It’s as simple as that.”

Bynum said:
Bynum, who had team-highs of 21 points and 10 rebounds, said: “We’re beating ourselves. … I don’t think it was their defense. It was more just us thinking for some reason we had to mismatch and that was the extent of the offense. …

Blackface said:
WTF are you even talking about

1. Point me towards any post where I said Kobe sucks for taking over 20 shots. I have never said this in my entire time posting on Neogaf. How about we make a permanent avatar bet about this?

2. Of course I would have nothing to say if they won, because, well, they WON. But guess what? They didn't win. So stop this hypothetical nonsense.

Kobe is the leader of the team and didn't play anything like one last night. It was embarrassing.

Of course you would have nothing to say...riiiiiiight. *wink*

And for all the pissing and moaning he did to upper management, he's still in LA, playing for the Lakers.

Heavy said:

Are you the guy that everyone was talking about last night?

The ban guy?

Heavy said:

Aren't you supposed to be banned til next season?

Heavy said:
Watch and see. The entire team is going to be much more aggressive, especially Pau who's probably gonna come out on fire. This was a fluke... more quotes:
give it up fool.
the dynasty is over.
old man kobe is done.
an era has ended.
our only savior now is dwight.

Blackface said:

You're talking to laker fan. They thought going down 2-0 at home was just fine.

Heavy said:

Why you gotta bring Lakers-age down with you?

Sanjuro

I'm not sure how you can call the last game a fluke. Lakers had no fucking clue on how to close a game and made some of the worst fouls I probably have ever seen in the playoffs. I mean everyone likes to say "It's the worst etc...etc", but those fouls were just ugly.

viakado said:
give it up fool.
the dynasty is over.
old man kobe is done.
an era has ended.
our only savior now is dwight.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm not sure how you can call the last game a fluke. Lakers had no fucking clue on how to close a game and made some of the worst fouls I probably have ever seen in the playoffs. I mean everyone likes to say "It's the worst etc...etc", but those fouls were just ugly.

Read Heavy's posts.

He's obviously trying to troll.

Heavy said:

well when you put it that way how can the lakers NOT win this series! lakers redeemed!

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
So I'm finally watching this show called The Wire. I don't know if you guys have heard of it, but it's pretty good.

If I'm trolling then Kobe's trolling as well. Nobody thought the Flyers and Red Sox could come back down 3-0 and guess what? Shit happens. I'm done here. I'll take the ban like a man. See you in October.

Heavy said:
If I'm trolling then Kobe's trolling as well. Nobody thought the Flyers and Red Sox could come back down 3-0 and guess what? Shit happens. I'm done here. I'll take the ban like a man. See you in October.

Of 2012?

There isn't gonna be basketball next year.

And basketball isn't hockey and/or baseball.

jman2050

Heavy said:

Kobe already acknowledged he was screwed up in the head when he said that, maybe you should follow suit.

The Stealth Fox

That whole Laker team has issues. Bynum can't defend the paint worth crap. Kobe plays bad defense. Steve Blake plays bad defense. Matt Barnes has been worthless for years.

Sky is blue.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Rodeo Clown said:
So I'm finally watching this show called The Wire. I don't know if you guys have heard of it, but it's pretty good.
About time! Omaaaaaar!

If Branduil converts back to being a Mavs fan before game 4 and they lose 4 straight I think we've found Dallas's Satan.

But no...it's working out just fine...

diddles

Banned
last year when orlando lost game 3 to boston i had hope they'd be the first to come back and win a series after going down 3-0. i was thinkin the same way, maybe they win game 4, then go home and win for sure, then use momentum for game 6, then home court to finish them off.

they actually pulled off game 4 in boston, with vince checking out in the 4th even, which nobody gives them enough credit for. if ever there was a fold and go home for vacation game that was it, but they fought to the end and pulled it off. then game 5 at home they kicked ass, which had an added benefit of sending the old orlando arena off with a win. even boston was nervous after that one.

but then game 6 in boston was over in the first quarter, they went down like 20 and never got close again. cue up the curb your enthusiasm theme.

so sorry but the lakers' season is over. you're just setting yourself up for more agony by holding on to hope. let it go.

reilo

ryutaro's mama said:
I'm dogging it.

I have the box set and have yet to crack it open.
Well, you'll have nothing to occupy your free time after Sunday, so might as well start now.

Derwind

ph33nix said:
If Branduil converts back to being a Mavs fan before game 4 and they lose 4 straight I think we've found Dallas's Satan.

But no...it's working out just fine...

Beware, he'll be wearing a heat avy if the heat & mavs make it to the finals.

Be-fucking-ware!!!

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
reilo said:
About time! Omaaaaaar!
I'm on episode 2 of season 3 and Omar's triumphant return was awesome. Although I've heard a lot of bad things about Season 3, like Amsterdam is some crime against humanity or something. But I somehow made it through season 2, so I think I'm ready.

Rodeo Clown said:
I'm on episode 2 of season 3 and Omar's triumphant return was awesome. Although I've heard a lot of bad things about Season 3, like Amsterdam is some crime against humanity or something. But I somehow made it through season 2, so I think I'm ready.

Hey man!

Spoiler that shit!

reilo

Rodeo Clown said:
Amsterdam was an awesome social-experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom