• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stealth Fox

Ninja Scooter said:
Once the Lakers are out I'm switching from Heat to Mavs. Dirk has made a fan out of me he's balling his ass off and if he can take these bums to a title, he pretty much makes the "Best Player of his Era" a table for 4 instead of 3 along with Shaq, Duncan and Kobe. It'd be a Hakeem-esque performance in terms of supporting cast.

Same here, I used to make fun of him b/c he was a division rival, but Dirk's always been a clutch playoff performer. His teams would always blow up around him (I'm looking at you, Josh Howard and Forrest Gumpier), but he's easily one of the most efficient players of our generation.

Dirk is awesome.

ssolitare said:
Funny how everyone argrees that LA can come back from 3 games down if Paul plays well.

It's so sad to see, oh well lakers
Really? Who thinks that? Lakers Age has moved on. We're accepting our early beating and 2012 early elimination. Its accepted that just like the bear we too will enter hibernation in a day or so and awaken in 2013 in Fast/ Furious/ Beastly mode.

Ninja Scooter said:
Once the Lakers are out I'm switching from Heat to Mavs. Dirk has made a fan out of me he's balling his ass off and if he can take these bums to a title, he pretty much makes the "Best Player of his Era" a table for 4 instead of 3 along with Shaq, Duncan and Kobe. It'd be a Hakeem-esque performance in terms of supporting cast.
Agreed. Although I will be a fan of anyone who plays the Heatles I would like to see theDirkwin a ring.

Derwind

Why is it that the play by play announcer for OKC feels Westbrooke is even close of deserving the title of young superstar. Durant maybe but why Fraudbrooke??? =_=

Dirk has always been my favorite non-Laker and I thought he was top 2 in MVP this season (and argued it here). With the Lakers out, I will root for Dirk to win it all. He's been unfairly criticized in his career and deserves to prove people wrong.

But I fear that the 3 point shooting will come down to Earth and doom the team. But I really really don't want Miami/Boston to win. I can deal with the other teams winning.

Seda

LovingSteam said:
Why is it that ABC/ ESPN both hire the worst play by play people of all time. Mark Jackson? JVG? Dorris Burke? Really?!? Thats the best they could do?

I generally like ESPN's halftime and post game better than TNT (so much rambling with the music way to loud in the background)..

but in-game play by play and color? pretty bad.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
LovingSteam said:
Why is it that ABC/ ESPN both hire the worst play by play people of all time. Mark Jackson? JVG? Dorris Burke? Really?!? Thats the best they could do?
They should bring back Tom Tolbert.

LovingSteam said:
Really? Who thinks that? Lakers Age has moved on. We're accepting our early beating and 2012 early elimination. Its accepted that just like the bear we too will enter hibernation in a day or so and awaken in 2013 in Fast/ Furious/ Beastly mode.

While all other teams are focusing on getting faster, smaller and building around PGs and SGs, in 2013 Lakers will unveil the next dynasty:

C-Dwight
PF-Baby Gasol
SF-Blake Griffin
SG-Kevin Love
PG-Derek Fisher

Ninja Scooter said:
While all other teams are focusing on getting faster, smaller and building around PGs and SGs, in 2013 Lakers will unveil the next dynasty:

C-Dwight
PF-Baby Gasol
SF-Blake Griffin
SG-Kevin Love
PG-Derek Fisher
Derek-Fisher.jpg

NomarTyme

Ninja Scooter said:

C-Dwight
PF-Baby Gasol
SF-Blake Griffin
SG-Kevin Love
PG-Derek Fisher
Dunk fest baby!

Derwind

Ninja Scooter said:

C-Dwight - 17mil/5
PF-Baby Gasol - 11mil/5
SF-Blake Griffin - 14mil/6
SG-Kevin Love - 14mil/6
PG-Derek Fisher - 1mil/2

With what money?

The Stealth Fox

Ninja Scooter said:
new clause in the CBA will allow you to go $5 million over the cap for each championship your franchise has won. Stern won't let us down.

I don't even know if that's enough. Kobe's getting 30 million in 2014.

Ninja Scooter said:
new clause in the CBA will allow you to go $5 million over the cap for each championship your franchise has won. Stern won't let us down.

Ahh crap, that means the Heatles are done. They've yet to win a championship without a *.

The Stealth Fox said:
I don't even know if that's enough. Kobe's getting 30 million in 2014.

Another clause: Players with 2 or more rings don't get counted against the cap. It's what will allow the Kings to give Shaq a 4 year/$200 million contract to be the first ever player/coach/GM/announcer.

Ninja Scooter said:
Another clause: Players with 2 or more rings don't get counted against the cap. It's what will allow the Kings to give Shaq a 4 year/$200 million contract.

lol. The funny part of it is I wouldn't put it past the Maloofs.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@SekouSmithNBA Kobe: "I'm gonna keep this train moving. You"re either on it or you are in front of it. I'm gonna keep (it) moving."
TRUST ISSUES

Zep said:
kobe 11-34 coming right up

Pretty much every Laker fan I've talked to since game 3 agrees Kobe should just say "Fuck it" and try to set some playoff scoring record. If you're gonna go out go out in style. Or at the very least, set the record for most shots ever taken in a game. Like purposely and unapologetically. I want to see him go 23 for 100.

Derwind

Ninja Scooter said:
Another clause: Players with 2 or more rings don't get counted against the cap. It's what will allow the Kings to give Shaq a 4 year/$200 million contract to be the first ever player/coach/GM/announcer.

semi_pro_jackie.jpg

Zep

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Pretty much every Laker fan I've talked to since game 3 agrees Kobe should just say "Fuck it" and try to set some playoff scoring record. If you're gonna go out go out in style. Or at the very least, set the record for most shots ever taken in a game. Like purposely and unapologetically. I want to see him go 23 for 100.

Don't give Westbrook any more ideas.

But when he leaves OKC thinking he can carry his own team in Philly, I'll accept it with open arms...Iverson trained everyone.

It's crazy to think the Grizz are where they are even after completely whiffing on the number 2 pick in the draft. Granted, they turned it into Shane Battier, but imagine this team with Steph Curry or James Harden or Tyreke Evans? Just looking at the draft list, they could have had other guys too, like Jonny Flynn or Ricky Rubio. They were drafted high so they must be good, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom