• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Puddles said:
What would happen if someone else just randomly made an NBA thread before you got around to it?
Nothing? We'd continue posting in them like normal?

Hell, Rodeo Clown already made the off-season thread and that will be stickied once the Finals are over.

reilo said:

Hell, Rodeo Clown already made the off-season thread and that will be stickied once the Finals are over.

Don't front. You will come down on that person with the power and ferocity of a million Greg Odens.

Puddles

Banned
reilo said:

I've always loved efforts like this; shame it doesn't happen more often. I don't understand those sub-communities where people get to reserve the right to make an official thread months in advance.

Today someone made a thread for the new Lady Gaga album that was like a smaller version of the MGS4 OT with stupid graphics and a table of contents and shit. I wanted to puke.

Puddles said:
I've always loved efforts like this; shame it doesn't happen more often. I don't understand those sub-communities where people get to reserve the right to make an official thread months in advance.

Why not? If someone wants to spend the time and effort into creating an OT, they should be able to announce it beforehand so that their effort isn't in vain.

Puddles

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Why not? If someone wants to spend the time and effort into creating an OT, they should be able to announce it beforehand so that their effort isn't in vain.

It's way funnier if all that effort ends up being in vain. Like the Spurs' regular season.

g23

European pre-madonna
Are the grizz show playing today? Shiiet who woulda known that the grizz would be playing in may and not the lakers.

reilo said:
Actually, the funny thing is, a Mavs fan posted a chart earlier showing that when Terry goes off and scores a ton of points and plays a lot of minutes in the playoffs, the Mavericks tend to lose.

The minutes are the problem. I'm a Jet Terry fan, but everybody in Dallas knows, when he gets tired his mind breaks on defense. He will lapse hard on the defensive end when he's tired. Letting guys cruise by him, not boxing out. Not jumping for easy rebounds, ect. He had a problem with this in Game 3 at one point.

Zep

Banned
Puddles said:
It's way funnier if all that effort ends up being in vain. Like the Spurs' regular season.

sBW9M.gif

The HRX (Highlight Reel Xperience) card is the first video-audio trading card. Panini America will release in June limited edition cards featuring KoMe, NBA Rookie of the Year Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers; Kevin Durant of the Jokelahoma City Blunders; and Mr. 2nd Place of the Washington Wizards.

lksaox-b78792136z.120110506101522000gkbv641r.2.jpg

The Stealth Fox

Black Mamba said:
Starting SG on the #1 defense in the West through the season. If not for his perimeter D, guys like Odom and Bynum would have been exposed as the weak defenders they are.

Get outta here. That means Derrick Rose should be 1st team too!

Even Lakers-Age knows Kobe doesn't play defense anymore. I've seen roaming Kobe at work all season.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

The Stealth Fox said:
Get outta here. That means Derrick Rose should be 1st team too!

Even Lakers-Age knows Kobe doesn't play defense anymore. I've seen roaming Kobe at work all season.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Rose, pft. Rose is weak. 90% of Bynum's blocks come from Kobe leading his man directly into him. Pau too. He also defends the top perimeter player on the opposing team all season long. Kobe then dictates the defense verbally, calling out what they should be doing all the time. He's pretty much a coach out there. How could you now reward and acknowledge him on D?

reilo

Not bad Black Mamba. But you gotta start dropping advanced statistics into this to make your trolling less apparent.

LovingSteam said:
I can't see any scenario that leads to a Celtics win tonight.

Bosh is still scared of Boston Garden and KG. Wade is gonna be scared to drive the lane because someone is going to go all Bynum on him to avenge Rondo (my vote: Troy Murphy). Heat Bench is due for at least one "how did these guys get on the roster?" kind of night, as they've been collectively playing well over their regular season heads. Lebron bounces back but as usual, it's all for nothing.

BOS 100, MIA 95

The Stealth Fox

Black Mamba said:
Rose, pft. Rose is weak. 90% of Bynum's blocks come from Kobe leading his man directly into him. Pau too. He also defends the top perimeter player on the opposing team all season long. Kobe then dictates the defense verbally, calling out what they should be doing all the time. He's pretty much a coach out there. How could you now reward and acknowledge him on D?

Rose lets guards get by him so Noah can go to work.

lulz

J2 Cool

Here's a question Bulls fans, would Ben Gordon help the team at this point? I've been fully against any conversation that they should have resigned him. His bball IQ was too low, he was too streaky, and most importantly defense too awful. His leaving game the team a more defensive identity with Rose as leader.

At this point though, I realize how much it hurts not to have a second guy who can get his shot off the dribble. Soulplaya is right, Deng can't do it.

reilo said:
Not bad Black Mamba. But you gotta start dropping advanced statistics into this to make your trolling less apparent.

The problem is I don't know where to find defensive ones without paying. I could have made them up, I suppose.
KuGsj.gif

reilo

Westbrook was voted "Most likely to defer to his superstar teammate" in his highschool yearbook.

Bread

Banned
reilo said:
Westbrook was voted "Most likely to defer to his superstar teammate" in his highschool yearbook.
Too bad he didn't live up to those expectations, imagine how good that team could be.

Who could the Thunder trade Westbrook to that has a point guard able to run an offense?

Nash+Dudley for Westbrook, who says no?

bionic77

This Lakers collapse is reminiscent of the last one we had back in 2004 when Shaq and most of the team were on their last legs. The difference is that we don't have another Kobe to take over the team and rebuild around. I was hoping that Pau would be the guy, but it is starting to look like Kobe carried his skinny ass for the better part of 4 years.

It is probably the end of an era (though busted Shaq did get one more after he left with D-Wade so anything is possible), but people are as usual overreacting to the Lakers loss when it would have been something that has never been done before in the modern era if the Lakers had made it back to the Finals 4 years in a row. 3 in a row has been done quite a few times in the last 30 years, but no one has been able to do it 4 times in a row. In fact some superstars would rather quit then even attempt such an absurdly difficult task.

For me these are the changes I want to see. First and foremost I hope we get a lockout shortened season, that would be the best thing that could happen to Kobe next year. I am finally going to get on the Konex hatewagon and agree that Fish has to go. We need to replace him with a defensive stopped who can give Kobe a break on the defensive end and if he can make some spot up 3s that will be a bonus. Artest should probably be shipped out as well in favor of some cheaper version of RZA (which shouldn't be too hard to find). I think the Artest era has run its course. Pau should get one more chance to redeem himself and so should Lamar. I would not be opposed to trading Bynum to get some of the pieces I mentioned because his value is never going to get higher and if we do it right we could get a defensive big who can finish around the rim and an athletic point guard as well. I would like to dump Blake, Brown and Walton but no one is dumb enough to take them so Mitch has his work cut out on that one.

No idea on who our coach should be, but ideally not a washed up alcoholic. I am not really in favor of B Shaw, because I want them to shake it up. But I don't see us getting Popovich and none of the other coaches really jump out at me. Maybe Rick Adelman? Drawing a blank on this one, but I don't want B Scott, Mr. Pringles or Magic Johnson.

I'm a Kobe fan and I have no doubt in my mind that Kobe was the worst defender I saw this year...

Constantly falling down, constantly pointing at others to switch for no apparent reason, constantly playing off of fantastic shooters...

And this is coming from someone who has seen nearly all of the Wizards games this year.

Why do people make a big deal about coaches repping their players? Who the fuck cares?

If your mom said you're a top 10 son ever, would you expect people to start comparing you to other sons?

Bread

Banned
Black Mamba said:
Why do people make a big deal about coaches repping their players? Who the fuck cares?

If your mom said you're a top 10 son ever, would you expect people to start comparing you to other sons?
I don't really care about this argument, but that's a terrible analogy.

Puddles

Banned
Before Kobe this year, I had never seen a player age so much over the course of a season as Gary Payton.

He went from leading the Lakers in scoring in the season opener to getting dominated by Lindsay Hunter.

Kobe went from being possibly the best player in the league to getting dominated by Jason Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom