• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackface said:
Dirk is not better then Iverson at all, in any shape or form. That is a retarded as fuck thing to say.

Iverson is another player stuck on a shit team during their prime. His playoff scoring averages is fucking 30 PPG for god sake.
30 ppg on 70 FGA

that type of efficiency should be lauded

First off, Dirk is ALREADY better than AI. AI had a nice little peak but wasn't a team player. And his peak wasn't that long. If Dirk leads the Mavs to a title he will definitely have eclipsed Malone.

Puddles said:
Terry had more to do with the Mavs advancing than Dirk did.

Nah. Not even close. Dirk has to get doubled for Terry's game to happen at that level. He's the engine for that offense.

Until last night, Dirk was the #3 PPG guy in these playoffs, with 2 more games played than the two guys ahead of him, a much better shooting percentage, better stats from the line, and a ridiculous 3pt. percentage advantage. Oh, and as an aside, he was 10 years older than those guys too...

LovingSteam said:
First off, Dirk is ALREADY better than AI. AI had a nice little peak but wasn't a team player. And his peak wasn't that long.

Yeah. An AI comparison is a joke.

LovingSteam said:
If Dirk leads the Mavs to a title he will definitely have eclipsed Malone.

Tap the breaks a little, chief.

Blackface said:
Dirk is not better then Iverson at all, in any shape or form.

Iverson is another player stuck on a shit team during their prime. His playoff scoring average is fucking 30 PPG for god sake.

Dirk's a better player. If you could have 10 years of Dirk or 10 years of Iverson who'd you choose? Not to mention Dirk will have much more longevity thanks to the fact that he didn't get drunk before games and actually bothered to work out and practice. That matters.

diehard

Fleer
Ninja Scooter said:
If Dirk wins a title he passes Chuck and Malone in the PF rankings easily, overall he's already better than AI. He jumps high because of the roster. He will have won a title with his 2nd best player being either an over the hill Kidd or Jason fucking Terry. That's almost Hakeem status right there.
Why do people keep bringing up Kidd and Terry? That is a well put together team , not to mention their second best player is probably chandler anyway. Inside presence with a great PF , outside shooting and a PG that can deliver the ball? The Mavs are not some scrub team with 1 great player.

bionic77

Ninja Scooter said:
If Dirk wins a title he passes Chuck and Malone in the PF rankings easily, overall he's already better than AI. He jumps high because of the roster. He will have won a title with his 2nd best player being either an over the hill Kidd or Jason fucking Terry. That's almost Hakeem status right there.
I agree except Hakeem was one of the best defenders of all time and the Rockets played like total dog shit whenever he went to the bench. The Mavs on the other hand are a really deep team and can still hang with other teams for short bursts when Dirk takes a rest or gets in foul trouble.

But otherwise I agree with the post. Honestly I think he has already passed Barkley. Barkley was an even worse defender than Dirk and not as good on offense. His rebounding was amazing but not enough to make up the difference.

Puddles

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
Nah. Not even close. Dirk has to get doubled for Terry's game to happen at that level. He's the engine for that offense.

Until last night, Dirk was the #3 PPG guy in these playoffs, with 2 more games played than the two guys ahead of him, a much better shooting percentage, better stats from the line, and a ridiculous 3pt. percentage advantage. Oh, and as an aside, he was 10 years older than those guys too...

Okay, you have me there.

But whatever the case, a Dirk-led Mavs team doesn't easily defeat this Lakers team without Terry playing out of his mind like he did in this series.

Blackface

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Dirk's a better player. If you could have 10 years of Dirk or 10 years of Iverson who'd you choose? Not to mention Dirk will have much more longevity thanks to the fact that he didn't get drunk before games and actually bothered to work out and practice. That matters.

I don't know who I would choose, considering they have both accomplished about as much as each-other in the NBA. .

dIEHARD said:
Why do people keep bringing up Kidd and Terry? That is a well put together team , not to mention their second best player is probably chandler anyway. Inside presence with a great PF , outside shooting and a PG that can deliver the ball? The Mavs are not some scrub team with 1 great player.

I'm not saying they are scrubs, but he's got no top tier number 2, I would argue even Duncan with Parker and prime Manu had a better supporting cast. It's rare in the NBA to win without a legit, all star type 2nd option, which is why I think Dirk winning would put him more in that Hakeem/Duncan class. It's an impressive feat. I'm not saying he'd be as good as Hakeem or Duncan.

The Stealth Fox

The Mavs are a great team, but if there was no Dirk, they'd fall apart. Dirk is the REAL MVP this season.

Gigglepoo said:

Sorry, but it's the truth. Say hello to your newest Hall of Very Good member: Reggie Miller.

Blackface

Banned
LovingSteam said:
First off, Dirk is ALREADY better than AI. AI had a nice little peak but wasn't a team player. And his peak wasn't that long. If Dirk leads the Mavs to a title he will definitely have eclipsed Malone.

Iverson was one of the best players in the league for 10 years. Ya, a nice little peak.

Puddles

Banned
Why isn't anyone talking about how bionic can take a break from posting, then come back and make thekad look Smush Parker when it comes to trolling?

That's the real story here, I think.

Ninja Scooter said:

Dirk without a doubt and I loved Iverson growing up.

LovingSteam said:
He's right. Ray Allen makes Reggie look like a benchwarmer.

Ray easily has probably the best shooting form in the NBA. Doesn't matter if he is sliding across the floor or jumping back into the stands the dudes upper body locks in and delivers for the most part.

Branduil

Blackface said:
Iverson was one of the best players in the league for 10 years. Ya, a nice little peak.
24ozlsj.gif

The Stealth Fox

Ninja Scooter said:
The real story of this playoffs is that the Knicks had Z-Bo and traded him for Cuttino Mobely and Tim Thomas. LETS GET BACK TO KNICK BASHING GUYS!
Lakers could have had Z-bo for free multiple times. But no, they like Pau Gasol more.

Ninja Scooter said:
The real story of this playoffs is that the Knicks had Z-Bo and traded him for Cuttino Mobely and Tim Thomas. LETS GET BACK TO KNICK BASHING GUYS!

The real story of the playoffs is that Portland could have had this team:

CP3
Roy
Durant
Z-bo
LMA

6th man: Josh Smith

But chose Telfair, Webster, and Oden over it

bionic77

Puddles said:
Why isn't anyone talking about how bionic can take a break from posting, then come back and make thekad look Smush Parker when it comes to trolling?

That's the real story here, I think.
NBA GAF definitely isn't what it used to be. When I had more time I had more fun over at NFL-Age. Too much angst and way too many fucking posts without much to say and people trying too hard to be funny.

Branduil

Blackface said:
Dirk is getting so fucking over-rated in this thread right now.

He is a great player but mother of god, please stop.
Coming from the guy who said Bosh was the best PF in the league.

I wouldn't even trade this year's Gasol for Bosh.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
The real story of the playoffs is that Portland could have had this team:

CP3
Roy
Durant
Z-bo
LMA

6th man: Josh Smith

But chose Telfair, Webster, and Oden over it
Hey, whenever you can trade Deron Williams for Devon Harris, you gotta do it.

The Stealth Fox

bionic77 said:
NBA GAF definitely isn't what it used to be. When I had more time I had more fun over at NFL-Age. Too much angst and way too many fucking posts without much to say and people trying too hard to be funny.

You're just mad because both your favorite teams were disappointment trucks this year.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ninja Scooter said:
Who needs Deron Williams when you have Eric Maynor waiting in the wings?
Any time you can trade Eric Maynor for Peter Fehse you gotta do it.

bionic77

The Stealth Fox said:
You're just mad because both your favorite teams were disappointment trucks this year.
Not mad at all. It was an awesome decade to be fans of both of my teams. Might be a long time (if ever) before I get to see something like it again.

And do you really think NBA GAF is as good as it used to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom