• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ph33nix said:
Isn't it "clockwork" if it's happened before?

So uh...what part of that made any sense?
The Heat are a combined 1-6 versus BOS/CHI?

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Those massive matchup issues that Orlando had against Atlanta in the regular season mean nothing, Magic are gonna stomp them.
Didn't the Warriors sweep the Mavs in the regular season the year they knocked them out? Regular season means something.

giri

dIEHARD said:
so you're saying Jazz fans were right all along?
Jazz fans? man, i think everyone except homer bulls fans knew that boozer would hide away in the play offs. He's a 20&10 man, but they're usually fairly empty stats.

LovingSteam said:
Rate yourself 1-10 re: how much of a sports fantatic you are. 1 being you couldn't care less and 10 being you live and die with each win or loss.
Do i have to give a number? can i just say i'm a sarver/10? (probably a 6).

linsivvi said:
7. The 5 years I spent living in Australia with minimal NBA access made me realize I can live without it.

Even worse is when you turn the TV all you can see is the same cricket match being played from morning to evening. I'd rather stare at my screen saver all day long than watch cricket.
Such a hater, crickets awesome, especially test match cricket.

SamuraiX-

Rajon Rondo said:
I won't say that nobody can guard me, but when I'm looking at a guy, I don't really see the player in front of me. I'm looking at the second line of the defense, because that's where I'm headed.

That's a pretty funny considering that most of time nobody is really in front of him and instead is part of that "second line of defense."

Forceatowulf said:
My other picks were a disaster, but that wont stop me. ;)

Lakers in 5. We win two at home, lose one on the road, win one on the road. Klose it out at Staples. There is just no way the Lakers get lazy and lose focus against this team. They almost always play them the right way. Lakers beating them in the reg season for several years is no fluke.
Celtics in 6. Rondo is going to be the difference maker. Miami will shrink against a legit elite team when it really matters like fucking clockwork.
Bulls in 6. Refs wont let them lose this series. They've already made that clear.
Grizzlies in 7(they win tonight). Just wishful thinking on my part. I'd much rather face the Grizzlies than the Thunder personally. Westbrook eats us for fucking breakfast. Pau will play like a little bitch against Perkins too. No thanks.

Pretty much my predictions.

Celts in 7 though
Then OKC in 6

Darkman M

Mrbob said:
OKC in 6.
Mavs in 4.
Celts in 7.
Bulls in 3.

Hahaha, this is funny. Especially coming from a guy with a Lakers avatar!

2qtig4m.gif

giri

ryutaro's mama said:
Suns in 4 over the Lakers.

Book it.

Right, giri?
I'm still glad umad over my predictions.

I said the same thing about the spurs, and i'm still surprised as hell we swept that series. Not as surprised as spurs fans...

Really guys? Regular season games are meaningful now? Please don't drop that bullshit on me. If the Heat lose to Boston this series, fine, "clockwork" but you guys are a joke and trolling if you're gonna act like losing those games will lose us games in this series.

The Heat looked terrible against elite teams when they won. Playoffs are a different animal...come on, you guys know this. wtf. and the lakers and celtics get a pass only because they won...LAST YEAR'S TITLE?

dream

ph33nix said:
Really guys? Regular season games are meaningful now? Please don't drop that bullshit on me. If the Heat lose to Boston this series, fine, "clockwork" but you guys are a joke and trolling if you're gonna act like losing those games will lose us games in this series.

Those games alone might not but combining the 1-3 regular season record with Lebron thinking about all the times he was knocked out of the playoffs by Boston could come back to haunt them. Especially since he's so mentally weak.

giri said:
I'm still glad umad over my predictions.

I said the same thing about the spurs, and i'm still surprised as hell we swept that series. Not as surprised as spurs fans...

I'm just teasing you. :p

That sweep last year was the best thing ever.

TCB never recovered.

Hopefully the Grizz don't wilt tonight.

giri

ph33nix said:
I don't think individual games are, for instance, taking an east vs west games and making predictions. But i think in conference, where each team plays the other 3 or 4 times, it can be.. indicative of how a series is going to go. It can point out where one team has improved, or where one has the wood on another. I.e. the hawks during the regular season stopped doubling dwight and started collins, allowing them to stay home on their shooters. The magic saw that in the regular season, and never adjusted.

dream said:
Those games alone might not but combining the 1-3 regular season record with Lebron thinking about all the times he was knocked out of the playoffs by Boston could come back to haunt them. Especially since he's so mentally weak.

i personally have no idea what the fuck is about to happen in that series. as an outside basketball fan you obviously have to pick boston based on what they've accomplished and can do. but teams eventually get over the hump, and I think miami eventually will, and like i said...it's the motherfucking PLAYOFFS. regular season records don't mean shit...does this mean that we'll never lose to the lakers?

giri said:
I don't think individual games are, for instance, taking an east vs west games and making predictions. But i think in conference, where each team plays the other 3 or 4 times, it can be.. indicative of how a series is going to go. It can point out where one team has improved, or where one has the wood on another. I.e. the hawks during the regular season stopped doubling dwight and started collins, allowing them to stay home on their shooters. The magic saw that in the regular season, and never adjusted.

your point is very valid, but I've said before and I'm sticking with my guns: I'm gonna believe this team can get over the hump, obviously I don't think that last W against boston counts for much, but it was encouraging that we're not their complete bitches like i thought we were after the first three losses. plus, i am going to flat out hope our coaching staff isn't as retarded as orlando's

besides, we don't even know our fucking rotation. gonna keep them old guys guessing!

giri

ryutaro's mama said:
I'm just teasing you. :p

That sweep last year was the best thing ever.

TCB never recovered.

Hopefully the Grizz don't wilt tonight.
oh i know, it just still hurts, ok? i still can't believe how fucked up amare was that whole lakers series.

Suns need to win a chip sometime in my lifetime.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
giri said:
give it a year, i'm sure it will fall down to about a 3. Its just hard to watch this team fall apart trade by trade, stupid contract by stupid contract.

Just painful.
Way beyond that point.

But, hey, rock bottom is still ahead. You got that to look forward to.

SamuraiX-

dream said:

dealwithit-1.jpg

MidnightCowboy said:
Didn't the Warriors sweep the Mavs in the regular season the year they knocked them out? Regular season means something.

Yeah, the only time I don't think it's as important is if either team have a big trade that changes the dynamic of the team ala Thunder this year.

edit: Ibaka leads the playoffs in blocked shots with 4.8 per game. Chicago's Joakim Noah is next at 2.6.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213412/Ibaka_Leads_Playoffs_In_Blocked_Shots#ixzz1KxJkbCht

BEAST

giri said:
oh i know, it just still hurts, ok? i still can't believe how fucked up amare was that whole lakers series.

Suns need to win a chip sometime in my lifetime.

I hate to say it but your best chance was 1993 and second to that, Horry/Nash- Gate.

giri

Rodeo Clown said:
Way beyond that point.

But, hey, rock bottom is still ahead. You got that to look forward to.
If i had any creative talent, i'd use Jay-z 99Problems track, and make a list of 99 problems i have with sarver, and every time the word bitch is used, have sarvers face flash up on the screen. I'm sure he's done atleast 99 stupid things since taking over, at least. I shouldn't be short on material.

Omiee

dream said:
Oh Paul's fancy huh.

I think getting knocked out by the Celtics one more time will mentally break Lebron.

that would bring the guy nightmares every time he sees the color green.

giri

ryutaro's mama said:
I hate to say it but your best chance was 1993 and second to that, Horry/Nash- Gate.
Last year we would've beaten boston in the play offs. Just had to get through the lakers, and couldn't.

I just can't see how the franchise is going to recover inside 3 or 4 years. They're basically on a complete rebuild. And that sucks, because it means character guys like dudley are going to either get the will to play ball drained out of them, or traded.

dream

Omiee said:
that would bring the guy nightmares every time he sees the color green.

Yeah.

paul-pierce-lebron-james-747b6e1d0770ae3f.jpg

paul-pierce-lebron-james-2008.jpg

Paul+Pierce+Dunks+On+Lebron+James.jpg

3152063990_5235250dcf.jpg

At some point I'm going to feel sorry for Lebron because I am a compassionate man.

The M.O.B

ph33nix said:
also, this was one of my most favorite out of bounds plays at the end of the game that we've ever run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_WqpFfdGdU

I know this is like three years later and all that...but having lebron doesn't mean we should just iso the shit out of everything. i hope we have a bag of tricks saved for boston

I'm really hoping Spo is gonna use all our ol-vets to foul the crap out of Shaq. But I don't agree with Spo keeping Bibby as the starter, Chalmers did enough i think to earn that spot back.

And Miller better get some playing time, yeah I know he is effed up but no reason for House to get off the bench before him.

reilo

Regular Season Does Not Matter

Atlanta 3 - 1 Orlando
Boston 4 - 0 New York
Chicago 3 - 1 Indiana
Miami 3 - 0 Philadelphia

Dallas 2 - 2 Portland
Oklahoma City 3 - 1 Denver
Los Angeles 4 - 0 New Orleans
Memphis 2 - 2 San Antonio

Bold indicates series winner.

Hey ph33nix, tell me how my ass taste?

wade used to have a lot of problems vs rip hamilton too

if we are going to have any fucking shot at winning this all three of them have to be clicking. so lebron has to get over himself and not try to hero it against boston role players will have to make big plays, but they have to play like what they're getting paid for.

last year we played them pretty tight when it was wade and no one else---if we can share the god damn ball and play great defense, we have a chance. if we don't do both we're fucked to no end

jjasper

I hate siding with the Heat but the game Miami won was post trade. So I think you could make an argument regular season sides with the Heat.

reilo

jjasper said:
I hate siding with the Heat but the game Miami won was post trade. So I think you could make an argument regular season sides with the Heat.
Sure, but two of Boston's wins came without Perkins, too.

ph33nix said:
wade used to have a lot of problems vs rip hamilton too

if we are going to have any fucking shot at winning this all three of them have to be clicking. so lebron has to get over himself and not try to hero it against boston role players will have to make big plays, but they have to play like what they're getting paid for.

last year we played them pretty tight when it was wade and no one else---if we can share the god damn ball and play great defense, we have a chance. if we don't do both we're fucked to no end

Problem is, in the 3 games that the Czzz won, they were perfectly ok with letting LeBron "get his" while focusing on shutting down Wade and Bosh.

If they go back to that, it's gonna be a very hard series for MIA to win.

Especially if it is a grind it out type series.

reilo said:
Regular Season Does Not Matter

Atlanta 3 - 1 Orlando
Boston 4 - 0 New York
Chicago 3 - 1 Indiana
Miami 3 - 0 Philadelphia

Dallas 2 - 2 Portland
Oklahoma City 3 - 1 Denver
Los Angeles 4 - 0 New Orleans
Memphis 2 - 2 San Antonio

Bold indicates series winner.

Hey ph33nix, tell me how my ass taste?

wow, a one year sample. you fucking kidding me, right?

Jin34

brianjones said:
he sounds scared of KG

Yeah he stuttered and stammered for while there after they asked him about KG's stealth back handed compliment. But not only that all the other stuff he said (its just basketball, you are never prepared you just have to play) and the way he said it.

reilo

ph33nix said:
wow, a one year sample. you fucking kidding me, right?

Atlanta 2 - 1 Milwaukie
Boston 3 - 0 Miami
Cleveland 2 - 2 Chicago
Orlando 3 - 1 Charlotte

Los Angeles 3 - 1 Oklahoma City
Phoenix 1 - 2 Portland
San Antonio 1 - 3 Dallas
Utah 1 - 3 Denver

Orlando 3 - 0 Philadelphia
Cleveland 3 - 1 Detroit
Boston 2 - 1 Chicago
Atlanta 3 - 1 Miami

Dallas 2 - 2 San Antonio
Denver 2 - 2 New Orleans
Houston 2 - 1 Portland
Los Angeles 2 - 1 Utah

Do I need to go on? Is three seasons enough for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom