• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

giri said:
I'm not saying what the pacers did was ineffective, i'm just saying, 90% of those foul calls were legit fouls where he got bodied and whacked.

I would agree from Game 2 on. In Game 1, he was getting all kinds of BS calls. That's when the Pacers decided that, if they were going to get whistled anyway, he might as well earn it.

But "thugging" had little to do with the series being close. The Pacers should have won the first game. Though I love how playing physical is now seen as thugging or a dirty tactic.

Jeff-DSA

AShep said:
What an age we live in where the Bulls can dagger Jazz-age in the second round.

There'll be some salt tonight.

As if BoozIR is going to lead you anywhere meaningful. If Rose doesn't get his 20 FTAs going forward, he's going to have to start hitting shots or the Bulls are screwed. Maybe he can do that, but don't count on BoozIR stepping up if Rose begins to struggle to get points.

giri

Gigglepoo said:
I would agree from Game 2 on. In Game 1, he was getting all kinds of BS calls. That's when the Pacers decided that, if they were going to get whistled anyway, he might as well earn it.

But "thugging" had nothing to do with the series being close. The Pacers should have won the first game.
There was some thugging going on, whether you want to call it playing tough or not, from both sides. Kurt Thomas's "accidental elbows" have a way of bringing that out in people. But thats play off ball.

nitric0

289598020.jpg
LMAO Jameer Nelson

giri

Adam Blade said:
Lifelong Grizz fan checking in.

Yeah, I don't know how fix the avatar either. :(
I think we're all life long grizz fans. If they sweep OKC, i think they'll have the exact same record as the suns did last year, heading into the WCF.

Go Grizz!

giri

LovingSteam said:
Big Country wishes he was as much of an enforcer as Bosh

*jumps into panic room*
I wish i got paid as much as bosh to do what he does too. 16Mil to grab 10 boards and score 5 points in 37minutes? i could live with that.

LovingSteam said:
I don't see him in Miami for the duration of his contract.
If Heat don't win a chip this or next year, he's gone. Assuming he hasn't had a sex change and become a man yet.

I mean seriously, I can't believe I actually posted that I wanted Bosh over Amar'e last season. "He's younger, he'll learn to play in the post!" I said. My God...

giri

LovingSteam said:
I don't see him in Miami for the duration of his contract.
Who are they going to trade him for? The only other PF's that are clear upgrades are blake, amare, dirk, z-bo, and they aren't going anywhere. The most audacious trade would be to orlando for dwight, that would ruin the league.

giri said:
Who are they going to trade him for? The only other PF's that are clear upgrades are blake, amare, dirk, z-bo, and they aren't going anywhere. The most audacious trade would be to orlando for dwight, that would ruin the league.

Lets be honest, like Frank said, if they don't win a chip in the next 2 years, one of the 3 is gone and it isn't going to be Wade or Bron. Bosh is the odd man out. He isn't performing up to expectations.

giri said:
I'll argue they need draft picks more, just get a PF/C who plays D and can rebound. It's similar to what the Knicks need, just a big to grab boards.

You give the Heat two 1sts and say a guy like Samuel Dalembert or Tyson Chandler for Bosh after 2 years, I'd think Heat take it.

The Frankman said:
I'll argue they need draft picks more, just get a PF/C who plays D and can rebound. It's similar to what the Knicks need, just a big to grab boards.

You give the Heat two 1sts and say a guy like Samuel Dalembert or Tyson Chandler for Bosh after 2 years, I'd think Heat take it.

Exactly. The Heat lack a bench and good supporting players. They need a defensive powerhouse and if not a powerhouse, a little someone who will rebound. Bosh isn't that guy and never will be that guy.

giri

The Frankman said:

Haywood?

I dunno, any trade wouldn't be his percieved value as at the end of last season. And the bigger question is, what will he be worth, if he keeps underperforming in big games, through to this time next year?

I think everyone on NBA-GAF would acknowledge that

Dirk
CP3
Manu
Horford

Are the most clutch players at their positions in the league, but who do you think is the most clutch SF? The easy answer is Melo because of his numbers, but his teams don't do that well in the clutch and I think his lack of mental composure is part of the reason. Hmm...

edit: I guess you could argue JAX for most clutch SG as well.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

Dirk
CP3
Manu
Horford

Are the most clutch players at their positions in the league, but who do you think is the most clutch SF? The easy answer is Melo because of his numbers, but his teams don't do that well in the clutch and I think his lack of mental composure is part of the reason. Hmm...

Wait, what? Where is Kobe in terms of clutch? I mean serious? He is old and isn't 100% of what he was a couple of years ago but really?

giri

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

Dirk
CP3
Manu
Horford

Manu? why not kobe or wade.

Horford and Dirk are both PF's?

And JAX certainly doesn't count.

Terrible list.

giri said:
Haywood?

I dunno, any trade wouldn't be his percieved value as at the end of last season. And the bigger question is, what will he be worth, if he keeps underperforming in big games, through to this time next year?
Haywood isn't on that level... the key is Bosh's youth and the fact he's not a max guy technically. Any team on the lower part of the standings will feel they can "fix him", but the Heat may have to pony up whatever meager picks they have. NO ONE is going to help Miami here...

giri said:
I wish i got paid as much as bosh to do what he does too. 16Mil to grab 10 boards and score 5 points in 37minutes? i could live with that.

Don't forget he makes more money than both LeBron and Wade. And plenty of other great players outside of Miami who we can't make a list of.

giri

The Frankman said:
Haywood isn't on that level... the key is Bosh's youth and the fact he's not a max guy technically. Any team on the lower part of the standings will feel they can "fix him", but the Heat may have to pony up whatever meager picks they have. NO ONE is going to help Miami here...
I fear seeing a nash, hill, & Lopez trade here. plus a pick or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom