• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

So I ventured into the Bin Laden thread and in one page found out he was a muslin icon and that Che Guevara had more integrity than Obama does.

Zep

Banned
Did anyone else laugh hysterically when Lebron airballed a 8ft jump hook? His post game is embarrassing.

smurfx

get some go again
less talk about bin laden and more talk about the grizzlies owning the thunder yesterday. really hoping they boot the thunder.

Out of the top two best players for western conference teams still in the playoffs (Kobe-Bynum/Pau, Durant-Ibaka, Randolph-Gasol, Dirk-Chandler), only Durant went to college. That's kind of interesting.

diehard

Fleer
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Out of the top two best players for western conference teams still in the playoffs (Kobe-Bynum/Pau, Durant-Ibaka, Randolph-Gasol, Dirk-Chandler), only Durant went to college. That's kind of interesting.
heh

Derwind

jjasper said:
So I ventured into the Bin Laden thread and in one page found out he was a muslin icon and that Che Guevara had more integrity than Obama does.

Nah, he's no muslim icon, he's an icon to ignorant, illiterate, aggressive fucks worldwide. There are plenty of muslims I know that were overjoyed by his death....

YuriLowell said:
those people are insane.

you have to be a little insane to cheer on a psycho. :/

I totally forgot that Randolph played at MSU :/

I don't get why the front office and management for the Jazz are trying to compete "right now." The team kind of sucks right now and won't be good until the 2012-2013 season because young players really don't contribute that much in actual wins until their third season. And what's really the point of competing hard in a lockout shortened season? No will remember it.

Blackface

Banned
StickSoldier said:
I know ZBO is beasting and all, but is he really the best PF in the league now? Comon KD, we still have Dirk brah. Zbo is a bad man though.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213460/Durant_Randolph_Best_Power_Forward_In_League

Zach used to play like a selfish fat loser. He would chuck up shots, only cared about his numbers, and had the basketball IQ of a peach.

He has changed a lot recently, even lost weight. But he still is missing fundamental intangibles that make someone the best PF in the league. (IQ, leadership, defense etc.)

jjasper said:
Kings to stay in Sac town another year at least.

Yeah. What's up Anaheim

fFRmb.gif

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Darren Wolfson said:
Interest in the job is lacking... so may keep Rambis.
I really hate the Timberwolves. Just hate them. They can't do anything right and don't give a damn about the remaining fanbase. It's obvious Glen Taylor doesn't care about putting a quality product on the floor. I'd rather have them threatening to leave than know Taylor is going to continue to run the show.

Blackface

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Randolph's BBIQ is better than Bosh's. I would say that Dirk is still a tier ahead of every other PF in the league.

He has no basketball IQ. It can't be ahead of anyone. Stop trying to start dumb arguments. Saying Bosh has no BBIQ is one of the most retarded things I have ever heard. Z-bo makes Marbury look like Stephen Hawking

Rodeo Clown said:
I really hate the Timberwolves. Just hate them. They can't do anything right and don't give a damn about the remaining fanbase. It's obvious Glen Taylor doesn't care about putting a quality product on the floor. I'd rather have them threatening to leave than know Taylor is going to continue to run the show.

Really sad that the Wolves still ended with the worst record in the league even though the Cavs sucked so bad for most of the season. Oh well, you guys might get Irving or Williams.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Hydrogen Bluebird said:
Really sad that the Wolves still ended with the worst record in the league even though the Cavs sucked so bad for most of the season. Oh well, you guys might get Irving or Williams.
They'll trade the pick because it looks like Ricky Rubio is improbably coming over. I really didn't see that happening. But I didn't anticipate Barcelona showing him the door, either. Boy, that fills me with confidence.

Blackface said:
He has no basketball IQ. It can't be ahead of anyone. Stop trying to start dumb arguments. Saying Bosh has no BBIQ is one of the most retarded things I have ever heard. Z-bo makes Marbury look like Stephen Hawking

Z-bo is a very good passer who moves well without the ball and knows where all rebounds are going to go.

Bosh is like the worst passer in the entire league, moves averagely without the ball, and is an average rebounder.

TylerD

I am pretty much terrified of the Grizzlies now. If we don't limit turnovers, move the ball MUCH better and do better on the boards this series is over. The Grizz play great defense, Battier and Allen on KD sucks for us and ZBo and Gasol plugging the lane sucks for Westbrook. The Grizz's ball movement and interior passing are excellent. There are times when ZBo is completely unstoppable. There wasn't anything that sucked the energy out of the arena more than that absolutely sick fade away jumper. Harden needs more touches and needs to get in double figures.

Sunday is our worst day of the week for some reason and was the only day we had a losing record (6-9) in the reg season.

Didn't post yesterday because I felt like crap after the game. That arena was excessively loud and my ears are still ringing this morning so earplugs for game 2 are a necessity. Game 2 is a must win.

Blackface

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Z-bo is a very good passer who moves well without the ball and knows where all rebounds are going to go.

Bosh is like the worst passer in the entire league, moves averagely without the ball, and is an average rebounder.

I am not going to argue. I don't want to take anything away from Z-bo's awesome season. He was great, and was better then Bosh this year, even taking into account Bosh was a third option.

But saying Bosh is an average rebounder (he is actually one of the best in the entire NBA almost his entire career, and even had more rebounds during the Olympics then Dwight Howard), and has no basketball IQ, is flat out trolling. I refuse to believe you are that much of a fucking idiot.

In terms of passing. This is the only season Randolph hasn't sucked at passing. He averaged 1.8 APG last year. He averages a career 1.7 APG, Bosh? 2.1

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@tomhaberstroh A reminder: the Heat's starting lineup was -7 on Sunday, dropping its playoff +/- to a league-low -46.
So Boston's bench was the big issue, which I don't think is a surprise to anybody. They could really use a Tony Allen/Leon Powe/Marquis Daniels bench.

Bread

Banned
reilo said:
So Boston's bench was the big issue, which I don't think is a surprise to anybody. They could really use a Tony Allen/Leon Powe/Marquis Daniels bench.
Last year's team with Shaq/Jermaine/Delonte is so much better, Ainge fucked up.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
EvilMario said:
Heat's bench > Boston's bench. Whodathunkit?
Well, to be fair, Miami doesn't have a "bench" as much as that Spoelstra never runs a rotation without at least Lebron, Wade, or Bosh in at all times. If Wade and Bosh sit, Lebron is in. If Lebron and Bosh sit, Wade is in. If Lebron and Wade sit, Bosh is in.

Vire

Fun fact:

Heat have never lost a playoff series with Dwyane Wade (6-0) when they have won the series opener.

KingGondo

Banned
TylerD said:
I am pretty much terrified of the Grizzlies now. If we don't limit turnovers, move the ball MUCH better and do better on the boards this series is over. The Grizz play great defense, Battier and Allen on KD sucks for us and ZBo and Gasol plugging the lane sucks for Westbrook. The Grizz's ball movement and interior passing are excellent. There are times when ZBo is completely unstoppable. There wasn't anything that sucked the energy out of the arena more than that absolutely sick fade away jumper. Harden needs more touches and needs to get in double figures.

Sunday is our worst day of the week for some reason and was the only day we had a losing record (6-9) in the reg season.

Didn't post yesterday because I felt like crap after the game. That arena was excessively loud and my ears are still ringing this morning so earplugs for game 2 are a necessity. Game 2 is a must win.
Yeah, it was rough.

I'm sure we'll adjust our defense to better counteract what Memphis wants to do with Gasol and Z-Bo, but I would actually be surprised if we end up winning this series based on what I saw yesterday. I can be optimistic because we managed to cut the lead to 3-4 points after getting killed in the first half, but their perimeter defense is absolutely suffocating.

KD did his part, everyone else needs to step up and win game 2 or this series is over.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Vire said:
Fun fact:

Heat have never lost a playoff series with Dwyane Wade (6-0) when they have won the series opener.

Fun Fact:

Heat have never lost a finals series with Dwyane Wade (1-0) when playing 6-on-5.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
reilo said:
Well, to be fair, Miami doesn't have a "bench" as much as that Spoelstra never runs a rotation without at least Lebron, Wade, or Bosh in at all times. If Wade and Bosh sit, Lebron is in. If Lebron and Bosh sit, Wade is in. If Lebron and Wade sit, Bosh is in.

It's not as if Boston has run a dedicated second unit in in the playoffs either. Allen / Pierce rarely sit together (sometimes to start a quarter) so you're likely to have at least one on the court at any given time.

It's pretty safe to say neither team trust their second unit very much.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Red Blaster said:
OKC fanbois on RealGM blaming Scott Brooks and not Westbrick for the loss lulz

Westbrook attempting four times the amount of 3pt shots in the playoffs compared to the regular season.. and he's now under 40% shooting from the floor in the playoffs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom