• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

h3ro

jhSnnJ828XOBn.jpg

Linsanity is back.

Team loses.

Linsanity is back.

Team loses.

Really stupid how Rockets have James Harden handling the ball while Jeremy spot up in the corner for the three. I hope they can see it make a lot more sense to have Jeremy handle the ball and James Harden spot up for the three.

And what pack the lane in? He's out there for spacing...what really should happen is Harden should be working off the ball more since he's effective playing off the ball as a scorer...
lin doesn't even bring the ball up the court, he literally passes to harden and walks off to the corner. I agree that harden should play off the ball more, he's a shooting guard not a point guard(he's not a bad facilitator though) but the blame is on whatever system they have down in houston.

lin doesn't even bring the ball up the court, he literally passes to harden and walks off to the corner. I agree that harden should play off the ball more, he's a shooting guard not a point guard(he's not a bad facilitator though) but the blame is on whatever system they have down in houston.

Yeah I think we're on the same page then...Lin should be the primary ball handler and let Harden run the show when Lin goes into TO mode and put it back in his hands once he calms down..

Really stupid how Rockets have James Harden handling the ball while Jeremy spot up in the corner for the three. I hope they can see it make a lot more sense to have Jeremy handle the ball and James Harden spot up for the three.
Problem is that Hardrn isn't a great shooter. Rockets need an offensive big man that can also shoot midrange and create passing lanes for Harden to slash. Basically, they need Scola back.

Yeah I think we're on the same page then...Lin should be the primary ball handler and let Harden run the show when Lin goes into TO mode and put it back in his hands once he calms down..
basically, mchale is a terrible coach. :)
Problem is that Hardrn isn't a great shooter. Rockets need an offensive big man that can also shoot midrange and create passing lanes for Harden to slash. Basically, they need Scola back.
wat. Harden is a pretty darn good shooter. He has a reliable jumper, can create shots for himself,can shoot the 3 well and can get to the rim and draw fouls like crazy. he's arguably the best SG currently.

edit: he's had some really bad games this year but again, i blame that on the system

Well I don't watch Harden enough to know if he a great shooter or not, but I will tell you this. He's a much better 3 point shooter than Jeremy.

Either way you're right it would make the most sense if Harden slash to the basket and Jeremy to dish him the ball when he slashes.

He really isn't. He's capable, but you aren't maximizing your offense by having him as a spot up shooter. Harden is either most effective with the ball in his hands or being able to slash to the basket off the ball.

that's the total opposite to what he is on the rockets. They're practically making him the point guard.

No shit Harden's not putting up FG% numbers like he did last year because defenses are keying in on him exclusively, the claim that he's not a good shooter is just stupid though. He's crap in the mid-range but he's awesome from deep.

Based Ed putting in that work and keeping the team in it with Bargnani out.

Too bad that's the only way Casey's going to give him extended run.

No shit Harden's not putting up FG% numbers like he did last year because defenses are keying in on him exclusively, the claim that he's not a good shooter is just stupid though. He's crap in the mid-range but he's awesome from deep.
He's a decent 3p shooter. It's not a bad shot for him. But it's not the shot he looks for because he knows its not his specialty.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

So he's a bearded Danny Green?

Branduil

He's 35% on three-pointers. He should probably stop shooting six a game.

exarkun

Omg Lin gets to the primary ball handler and he balls? HOW SURPRISING!

Everyone so far has hit the nail on the head about our shitty coaching and how Lin just sits in the corner while Harden dribbles so...

Fuck the spurs. Old ass frauds.

Top Bottom