• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Flash

Raptors are bad but they shouldn't be THIS bad. Looks like they are letting the frustration get to them or something...

I didn't watch the game but people are saying that Cousins punched OJ Mayo in the balls when Mayo was looking away. Going to bring toughness back to the NBA I tell you.

toronto is the new tank so hard.

That implies that they're doing it on purpose. They're not, Colangelo's in a contract year & his job is on the line. They really suck this bad.

The most unfair part is that Washington is still somehow worse, and Cleveland's right there with them - with New Orleans a game behind. If they win a single game their draft is fucked.

You'd think this much torture would build them a healthy lead in the draft lotto.

Cqfhk.png

That implies that they're doing it on purpose. They're not, Colangelo's in a contract year & his job is on the line. They really suck this bad.

The most unfair part is that Washington is still somehow worse, and Cleveland's right there with them - with New Orleans a game behind. If they win a single game their draft is fucked.

You'd think this much torture would build them a healthy lead in the draft lotto.

Same thing as last year will happen. Other teams will tank or rest their players at the end and the Raptors will win a few. It is too bad.

giri

See, cleveland are doing it on purpose. Kyrie is "injured"

And now that the pelicans are this far along, they may just say fuckit, rivers sux, lets tank.

So Toronto has some catchign up to do, and the suns are trying to catch everyone.

The wizards organisation is just fucked doe.

Brinbe

lol @ anyone thinking this is a tank... BC's just that bad.

We'll probably be top-3 bad this year, unfortunately, it's looking to be a shitty draft.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why would any team trying to win basketball games trade for somebody on the Raptors? Even Lowry has his souled sucked out playing in Toronto.

Pkaz01

Yep.

And the suns have lost 7 in a row.

We may be novices to this tanking, but with mike beasley on our team, believe.

Did you read the tweets about the suns calling him toxic already? Thats hilarious but great.

after we lose to memphis next game itll be 8

David Stern's wondering why the league's losing money that's why, people pay good money to watch these athletes play and the refs try to take over the fucking game

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Maybe the half time show will be good?

Slick Rick was one of the halftime performers and he got boo'd off the court in Brooklyn

Spuds are a fraud ass team, they had the best squad since the 2001 Lakers and blew it against some schoolyard kids last year.

2003 & 2005 Spurs were way better than last season's squad.

50 wins was their Super Bowl, what else do they need?

Gotta keep the streak alive. Like Undertaker's streak at Wrestlemania is more important than every title.

giri

Did you read the tweets about the suns calling him toxic already? Thats hilarious but great.

after we lose to memphis next game itll be 8

Yeah, i saw. It's great.

We haven't had a double digit losing streak in 10 years or something.

WE GON GIT UP IN DIZ BITCH.

Raptors' next 3 games:

Brooklyn
Dallas
Houston

This is gonna be fun.

After that they play Cleveland and Detroit so they can blow their draft position and feel good about things "turning around."

Branduil

Mavs need to win 3 of the next 4 because after that they might win maybe 1 game the rest of the month.

Dec. 12 at Boston 8:00
Dec. 14 at Toronto 7:00
Dec. 15 at Minnesota 8:00
Dec. 18 Philadelphia 8:30
Dec. 20 Miami 9:30
Dec. 21 at Memphis 8:00
Dec. 23 at San Antonio 7:00
Dec. 27 at Oklahoma City 8:00
Dec. 28 Denver 8:30
Dec. 30 San Antonio 7:30

fertygo

I'm gonna laughing to the death if Raps draft top 3 and pick whoever then next year after that OKC or other team that have the pick draft Julius Randle or Jabari Parker.

Cloudy

Banned
The big topic around the Lakers right now is how they are 1-9 when Kobe scores 30 or more. I was thinking about it just now and I realized that after 17 years in the league, this is a totally new criticism of Kobe.

The arbitrary stat always used to be based on his shot attempts. Mike Wilbon made it famous the last few years. Ignoring the circumstances of the game, if Kobe takes 20 or more, the Lakers lose!

Suddenly, it's been changed to 30 points this season? Forget how ridiculous that is for a guy who averages 28.6. Add 1.4 ppg and you could blame Kobe for every loss this year--even the ones that haven't occurred yet--if his average held up!

Could it be that it's harder to attack Kobe's FGAs so far this year since he's under 20 and shooting an unusually high percentage? Or am I just a conspiracy theorist

Before the season started my friend made a $50 bet with me that the Toronto Raptors are going to make the playoffs.

Easiest money I've ever made.

Also saw this
tumblr_metzt2MnVf1rhjglgo1_500.jpg

balddemon

Banned
Oops.

About the Johnson ejection, I don't see how that was the ref taking over. What reason would Amir have to try and take the ball away?

he just wanted to hold the ball for a sec, like boozer does after every FT. the ref wouldn't give it up, and johnson got pissed and had words after ripping it out of his hands.

he just wanted to hold the ball for a sec, like boozer does after every FT. the ref wouldn't give it up, and johnson got pissed and had words after ripping it out of his hands.

I see players sometimes get the ball themselves, bounce it, then give it to the refs. But I don't see the ref get it, the player ask for the ball, bounce it, and give it back. What is even the point of this?

Branduil

Speaking of accurate Onion articles:

LOS ANGELES—Claiming there was “no excuse” for tolerating weakness, Lakers guard Kobe Bryant publicly called out his teammates Thursday for their failure to condemn center Pau Gasol’s lackluster play this season. “We all need to step up, get right in his face, and vilify him like we really mean it,” said Bryant, who encouraged the entire team to “come together and just attack, attack, attack” the 7-foot-1 Spaniard. “Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one denouncing Pau’s weak style of play every single night. That’s not acceptable. This has to be a team effort. I want our bench guys to get involved. Coach [Mike D’Antoni] is with me on this, but even he knows he could be doing more.” Bryant also issued a challenge to each and every one of his teammates to draw technical fouls for fighting with Pau Gasol during Friday’s game against the Thunder.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/kobe-bryant-blasts-teammates-for-failure-to-critic,30637/

giri

I see players sometimes get the ball themselves, bounce it, then give it to the refs. But I don't see the ref get it, the player ask for the ball, bounce it, and give it back. What is even the point of this?

After just about every FT attempt at least one player "needs" to touch the ball. They just ... do. Habit. Superstition. W/E. I know dudley does this on the suns, and yes, Refs regularly just give the ball to him even if they have it in their hands.

When ever someone is shoot 2 FT's, you'll find after the first one, it happens 99% of the time league wide.

Top Bottom