• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

In my first big sports bet ever I am throwing down that the Bobcats will beat the spread (-8) against the Clippers

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Clippers lost today. The Clippers have a bad habit of playing down to the competition and this is the second game of a back-to-back on the road.

What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be changing all your garbage men's names from Jordan Hill to Kurt Thomas, or sending an engineer to fix The Steve Nash Over The Hill Go Karts, oh I mean The Stat Ambulance Racers

He still has that shuttle launch coaster where the track cuts off and sends riders to their deaths as an allegory to the Lakers season

h3ro

Wow, lakers-age sure is bent out of shape over nyklovis coming over.

It's ok, you guys still have heavy, vag and soul playa.

Just read nash has nerve irritation around his broken bone?
I see now why lakers are after delonte.
Nerve irritation/compression is a bitch for therapy. It can take weeks or several months or in extreme cases additional surgery to decompress the muscle around the nerve.
And not to mention decompression methods aren't 100%.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
To Live and Die in the NYC.
California Love is now Yonkers Pride

Delonte heading to Lolkers Land? Looks like I took the emergency shoot just in the KNICK of time.

Get it? KNICK?

Lakers are dead. LONG LIVE Lord Melo.

No doubt no diggitay.
You and me bro

image.jpg

If they were playing the Lakers you'd be a lock to win.

I'm just conglomerating with my neofamilia Knickerbocker stylist.

And the newspaper clipping of Shaq leaving Orlando as a precursor to D12 leaving.

HEY OH!!!!

Why're you so bad at this? Statistically, one of these posts has to be funny. But you're batting .000.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Statisically the Blazers should have been able to do SOMETHING with their top 3 draft picks but unfortunately they batted zero by choosing Bowie and Olden!!

BOOM.

The Portland Trail Blazers, who are in full on tank mode and lost to the Bobcats, still have a better record than the Lakers.

And, still .000.

Nori Chan

What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be changing all your garbage men's names from Jordan Hill to Kurt Thomas, or sending an engineer to fix The Steve Nash Over The Hill Go Karts, oh I mean The Stat Ambulance Racers

You would think Amare would be part of the fire fighters since he certainly knows his way around a fire extinguisher

Charles Barkley admits it: These Knicks are good

Published: December 12, 2012 12:28 PM
By NEIL BEST neil.best@newsday.com
Charles Barkley attends the gala opening of The

Charles Barkley retired as a player in 2000, and in the intervening dozen years visited the World's Most Famous Arena to watch the Knicks . . . once!?!

Why?

"Cause y'all's team stunk," he said. "Why would I go see y'all play? One thing about me is I'm not going to watch the bad teams play."

So, presumably it is a good sign that the TNT star -- for years the most visible Knicks skeptic on television -- will be at Madison Square Garden on Thursday for a rare appearance as a game analyst when the Lakers come to town.

And, get this: Unlike when he visited 23 months ago for a game against the Heat, at which time he pooh-poohed the notion the Knicks were "back," Sir Charles has been won over.

Mostly.

"I think they're a good team, and I think Jason Kidd has had a huge effect on Raymond Felton and J.R. Smith," Barkley he said Tuesday, before Kidd's latest heroics against the Nets. (Barkley was in Los Angeles taping a celebrity edition of "The Price is Right.")

"But when I look at their stats, they only out-rebounded the teams they've played like twice. That concerns me. And I don't know if they can keep shooting threes like that. That's my only critique. It's not a criticism, it's a critique."

Entering Wednesday night, the Knicks ranked third in the NBA in three-point field-goal percentage at .409 and 27th in rebounding differential at minus-3.8.

Hence Barkley's stance on the looming question for the Knicks: What to do with Amar'e Stoudemire?

"Even though they're winning, they are getting killed on the boards," he said. "So is he going to help them with the defense and rebounding or not? That's a very simple question for me."

Another key to the Knicks maintaining their momentum is keeping their older players healthy -- one older player above all others.

"Jason Kidd was the best leader we had in the NBA for a while when he was in New Jersey," Barkley said.

So how is he still doing this at age 39?

"He plays the game with his brain," Barkey said"

This will be Barkley's second foray into game analysis this season. "I like doing the games, because you get a little stagnant and bored in a studio," he said. "I like the action of the game."

Being courtside at the Garden could be interesting, because Knicks fans are well aware of his bluntly stated positions on their team.

"I think they will treat me fine; I think fans appreciate you being honest," he said. "First of all, I've been right. I don't say things because I don't like the Knicks. But they stunk."

Barkley insisted his motives are pure. "For me, it's never personal," he said. "It's always about basketball. I'm never going to have a hidden agenda."

Players don't always see it that way.

Monday night the Heat's LeBron James suggested Barkley "shut up" after Dwyane Wade bounced back with a strong game after Barkley suggested he was declining physically.

"Oh my God," Barkley said. "These guys are so sensitive."

Barkley conceded the Knicks' revival is good for the NBA, and will be even more so "if Brooklyn can ever keep that [Brook] Lopez kid healthy," for the sake of the teams' budding rivalry.

In the meantime, it's enough that the Knicks are better. Even Charles thinks so! Mostly.

"Everybody in New York thinks the Knicks are Playboy bunnies, and I have been telling them for years the Knicks are a rabbit," he said. "They're closer to a Playboy bunny this year but for the last few years these guys are like, 'We have a really good team!' And I say, 'You really think that?' And I say, 'No, they don't.' But this is the best team they've had in a while."

my man

A lot of the Lakers problems are a result of Dwight not being himself. How long that takes to right itself though who knows.

Cloving I think it's time for you to give your opinion on the Wii U at the gaming side

When Microsoft dominates the console industry world wide, Gaming GAF will burn to the ground.

So apparently MJ has been coaching MKG on moves to the basket, I don't know if this is good or bad.

edit: It is cool though that he's taken an interest in helping MKG work on his game. I hope he hires a shooting coach for him in the offseason too.

Branduil

Just read nash has nerve irritation around his broken bone?
I see now why lakers are after delonte.
Nerve irritation/compression is a bitch for therapy. It can take weeks or several months or in extreme cases additional surgery to decompress the muscle around the nerve.
And not to mention decompression methods aren't 100%.

It's really amazing how old players just fall apart after leaving the Suns.

Kinect-only paywall set-top box with games buried 8 menus deep future.

I don't think I'm ever getting over how bad I got burned by RRoD until Microsoft sends me a puppy.

On the real my box broke like 4 times.

I've easily invested thousands into the brand this gen on hardware alone (live, replacements, hard drives, controllers, mics).

damn

Top Bottom