• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Kinect-only paywall set-top box with games buried 8 menus deep future.

I don't think I'm ever getting over how bad I got burned by RRoD until Microsoft sends me a puppy.

On the real my box broke like 4 times.

I've easily invested thousands into the brand this gen on hardware alone (live, replacements, hard drives, controllers, mics).

damn

It's amazing how easily the RROD has been forgotten. I had to send my console in like 3 times and on my 4th the 3 year warranty ran out. I had to buy a used Jasper that was in good condition for like $100 dollars; haven't had any problems with it.

On a side note, Naruto manga is getting realer than Holyfield.

On the real my box broke like 4 times.

I've easily invested thousands into the brand this gen on hardware alone (live, replacements, hard drives, controllers, mics).

damn

I haven't spent quite that much, but the amount I've spent is up there as well. I won't be buying their next offering until it's out on the market and definitively proven to not be a poorly manufactured POS.

It's amazing how easily the RROD has been forgotten. I had to send my console in like 3 times and on my 4th the 3 year warranty ran out. I had to buy a used Jasper that was in good condition for like $100 dollars; haven't had any problems with it.

On a side note, Naruto manga is getting realer than Holyfield.

Yeah, thing is once all your boys are puttin work on Call of Duty, Halo, whatever...what choices do you really have? Build a 1000 dollar PC or tell your boys/gaming to piss off? Man...

I don't read the Naruto manga. I watch the anime. Finished the Pain saga a year ago. Some filler came and I was like peace. I'll be back though...shits already been real.

KingGondo

Banned
If Marcus Smart and Anthony Bennett were a little taller they'd both be undisputed lottery picks. They've got everything except size.
Smart's pretty big for a PG/SG combo IIRC. Isn't he 6-4?

And I'll defend his percentages as being asked to be the primary guy as a true freshman without a ton of talent around him. OSU has athletes and that's about it.

I need to watch him play more. He's getting a lot of good press. Hopefully his percentages are just bad luck to this point.

His outside jumper isn't quite there yet but his shot selection isn't as bad as Goodwin's. For a guy pegged as a tweener he's appeared to be pretty unselfish and has solid good PG skills, not to mention he's built like a tank at 6'4 225; no idea why Michael-Carter Williams is pegged to go higher than him at this point.

If Marcus Smart and Anthony Bennett were a little taller they'd both be undisputed lottery picks. They've got everything except size.

Smart has a Wade type body @ 6'4 225, I think he'll do fine at the next level given how big he is.

His outside jumper isn't quite there yet but his shot selection isn't as bad as Goodwin's. For a guy pegged as a tweener he's appeared to be pretty unselfish and has solid good PG skills, not to mention he's built like a tank at 6'4 225; no idea why Michael-Carter Williams is pegged to go higher than him at this point.

MCW has those thievery skills though. Could steal more than Smart in the NBA.

Yeah, thing is once all your boys are puttin work on Call of Duty, Halo, whatever...what choices do you really have? Build a 1000 dollar PC or tell your boys/gaming to piss off? Man...

After my 4th 360 I just went over to PS3 and played Uncharted & Metal Gear instead, but I hear where you're coming from.

Smart's pretty big for a PG/SG combo IIRC. Isn't he 6-4?

And I'll defend his percentages as being asked to be the primary guy as a true freshman without a ton of talent around him. OSU has athletes and that's about it.

Yeah, I think he's 6'4 in shoes. His percentages suck because he takes a lot of 3s and he can't hit them yet. That's pretty much par for the course for guards these days though, and he's the type of guy who will work at it so it's not a big issue. I like him as a prospect. If Orlando ends up picking in the 3 to 7 range and he's available they should think long and hard about taking him.

exarkun

If I could see one thing in the NBA in the next two years, it would Billups winning another chip. I've liked him since the Carlisle pistons, and I just want to see him running a team. Really, there isn't anyone like him other than maybe Kidd at the PG position in the NBA.

Love me some Mr. Bigshot

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah, I think he's 6'4 in shoes. His percentages suck because he takes a lot of 3s and he can't hit them yet. That's pretty much par for the course for guards these days though, and he's the type of guy who will work at it so it's not a big issue. I like him as a prospect. If Orlando ends up picking in the 3 to 7 range and he's available they should think long and hard about taking him.
I think he has a chance to be a nice foundational type of player. Defends, passes, rebounds, and is a pretty good scorer too. Good character guy and leader, too.

Of course I'm selfishly hoping OKC can draft him with the Toronto pick to replace Maynor (who will probably leave) and be our backup PG. It would be cool to have an OSU guy on the Thunder.

If I could see one thing in the NBA in the next two years, it would Billups winning another chip. I've liked him since the Carlisle pistons, and I just want to see him running a team. Really, there isn't anyone like him other than maybe Kidd at the PG position in the NBA.

Love me some Mr. Bigshot

I like the cut of your jib, my man.

Branduil

Love me some Mr. Bigshot

You really want to see the Clippers win a ring?

You really want to see the Clippers win a ring?

Of course he does.

The L.A. Clippers' Blake Griffin, speaking Tuesday morning on "The Dan Patrick Show," said Owens wanted to latch on to the Clips. "He was at our practice facility this summer, begging coaches for a 10-day contract," Griffin said.

terrell-owens.jpg

Love me some Mr. Bigshot

I Hope Mr. Bigflop is ashamed of what he has become.

I think he has a chance to be a nice foundational type of player. Defends, passes, rebounds, and is a pretty good scorer too. Good character guy and leader, too.

Of course I'm selfishly hoping OKC can draft him with the Toronto pick to replace Maynor (who will probably leave) and be our backup PG. It would be cool to have an OSU guy on the Thunder.

You'd pick Smart over a big like Len or Zeller?

why would they do that when someone like Alex Len would perfectly fit in with what OKC needs

So, ESPN did a little 5-on-5 on potential HOFers...

1. Is Vince Carter a Hall of Famer? - 3 in favor, 2 against

2. Is Grant Hill a Hall of Famer? - 4 in favor, 1 against

3. Is Rasheed Wallace a Hall of Famer? - 1 in favor, 4 against

4. Is Tracy McGrady a Hall of Famer? - 2 in favor, 3 against

5. Is Allen Iverson a Hall of Famer? - 4 in favor, 1 against

What say you, GAF?

I personally think Hill and AI should be in... not sure about the other three.

giri

ESPN has an article suggesting the Jazz should trade Millsap, Al, and Kanter for Pau and Kemba

Why won't someone kill this site's popularity already.

I'm fairly certain they let/force their interns to do those stupid suggest a trade, articles and then make them put in several obviously bad trades, just to generate site traffic.

Cause they do it once a month with OBVIOUSLY terrible trades.

otapnam

What say you, GAF?

Hill and AI for sure the other 3 shouldnt come close

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

What say you, GAF?

Yes, Yes, No, Yes, Yes.

What say you, GAF?

I think all of them have a shot. Sheed has the smallest chance but he gave us "ball don't lie". That has to count for something right?

No, yes, no, no, yes.

Okay, it's the "basketball" hall of fame, there isn't one just for the NBA. So VC belongs for Freddy Weiss & stuff. But still, screw that wuss.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Hill and AI for sure the other 3 shouldnt come close

Vince Carter will definitely get in. And if we're putting Grant Hill in for basically 6 transcendent years plus college, McGrady should get in, too. His peak was about 6-7 years and it was that good.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

What say you, GAF?

Yes

No (Yes because college counts shrug)

No

No

Yes

Top Bottom