• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That's a possibility. He could also be reinvigorated by the crowd/setting and go Dark Phoenix on us. I'd love to see Felt take it personally and just completely shut him down and force him into TOs.

Felton hass been on some YNB-esque kick lately with terrible shot selection and passing decisions left and right over the past few games, so hopefully he's refocused and thinks back to all the backlash against his acquisition and all his "chip on my shoulder" talk.

No, Felton in his natural state is YNB without the freakish athleticism.

I've been telling you guys how Felton was gonna play for you guys for years. I even gave you the perfect stat line for his first year "Will give gyou 16/7.5 - if your coach is willing to let him make some of the dumbest decisions that anyone has seen in years". All that's left of the prophecy is the epic playoff loss.

He'll probably get Hibachi'd by Teague or something.

KingGondo

Banned
Martin's percentages are also insane, but I think Dantley is the only first-option who ever had a 65% TS% and the only way he could do it was by sabotaging his teammates' efficiency: something that's not happening in OKC because they have the highest TS% in NBA history so far this year. Have to think that the percentages of everyone on the Thunder will come down, but they're insane to look at right now.
I keep telling everyone Martin is thriving in his role, but everybody keeps shitting on him.

Our offense is better than it was with Harden last year. It probably would have improved anyway (it's not like we would be hurt by replacing Martin with Harden) but the trade is looking pretty good right now for both teams.

I definitely think Martin has improved our ball movement--the ball doesn't get stuck in the hands of anyone except YNB, and even his assists are top 5 right now and his TOs are wayyyyy down.

Level of competition is about to stiffen though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
When are the Thunder gonna free Reggie Jackson?

Maynor is so, so washed up. Looks absolutely atrocious out there and his trade value is basically nil now.

KingGondo

Banned

Maynor is so, so washed up. Looks absolutely atrocious out there and his trade value is basically nil now.
I think we'll give Maynor until New Year's to start showing real improvement, but Jackson has been highly erratic when he's played recently.

Wouldn't be surprised if we make a deal for a backup if Maynor doesn't get his act together.

However, I must insist: anyone but Fish.

KingGondo

Banned
Why is OKC San Antonio just a regular run of the mill game on Monday night

wtf
No idea.

I'll be at the game, though. I'll provide Best-GAF with the kind of coverage you can only get by being there, such as:

- This guy just spilled a Michelob Ultra on my seat
- Spurs fans are obnoxious
- Clay Bennett looks like a douche even from the upper deck
- The halftime show is depressing

Stay tuned!

Martin is filling the role of a 6th man scorer nicely.. Like I knew he would.. his D is still bad but the Thunder still look super tough

all them doom and gloom posts when Harden got traded seem off beat now. They're on pace to be first or second in the West. and I think they'll return to the Finals. I dont trust Memphis' three point shooting, the Clippers arent ready yet, and SA is old.

Emwitus

all them doom and gloom posts when Harden got traded seem off beat now. They're on pace to be first or second in the West. and I think they'll return to the Finals. I dont trust Memphis' three point shooting, the Clippers arent ready yet, and SA is old.

My prediction: They'll lose to MN/Clippers if they meet in the playoffs.

SamuraiX-

You clearly haven't seen Reggie Jackson play.

Maynor's lackluster play is a helluva lot better than the fuckball alternative at that position.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You clearly haven't seen Reggie Jackson play.

Maynor's lackluster play is a helluva lot better than the fuckball alternative at that position.

I watch him play. He can shoot, hes explosive and aggressive and dumb as bricks. He's basically a poor mans YNB but thats still way better than what Maynor is doing right now.

linsivvi

Are we even reading the same article?

You quoted the one single paragraph where an agent complained about the quality of team doctors when the rest of the ENTIRE ARTICLE are the teams reasoning they need to have more control on what trainers the players work with.

Agents often hire trainers to work with the players they represent. In turn, the teams then routinely accuse agents of providing training or medical advice that is not necessarily in the best interest of the player. This is a complicated issue for the same reason that everyday, non-athletic patients in all walks of life are advised to seek out opinions from multiple doctors.

"When it comes to medicine,'' an NBA general manager said, "you can get anyone anywhere to tell you what you want to hear.''

Smith said the dialogue is crucial because it's too easy for players to invest in bad advice.

"The problem is that for people who call themselves a 'personal trainer,' it can mean a thousand different things -- it can mean college degrees and advance certifications, or it can be someone who used to rebound for you at the gym,'' Smith said. "There is no legality on the term 'personal trainer.' It's like calling yourself a cook as opposed to becoming a chef.''

"Maybe you could allow contracts to be structured so players get some bonuses if they're working out at the team facility in the offseason," Smith said. "Football does a good job of getting guys to work out at the [NFL] facilities in their offseason. I don't know if something like that would be part of the solution. I think communication with the teams is the most important thing, and management should be on top of that.''

Said the GM: "The players don't want to spend $35,000 a month on a personal trainer -- but if you don't give them somebody to work out with, then they'll go out and spend the $35,000. I do think this is a problem. But I don't think it's a huge epidemic.''

Why would teams that spend millions of dollars want to save money on doctors instead of protecting their investments? That agent was just sprouting bullshit as usual, and the entire article are saying teams want more control, the exact opposite of what you said.

Zach Lowe trying to push the stupid "Jazz should trade Millsap for Pau because it helps the Lakers!" shit makes me sad. Literally listed zero positives for the Jazz to trade Millsap for Pau and yet thought the Jazz should go through with it.

Do to my work schedule I have not seen 1 second of knicks basketball this year. I've heard parts on the radio, but basketball on the radio can be annoying :(

I'm almost scared to try and watch a game, cause it might bring some bad mojo.

h3ro

No, Felton in his natural state is YNB without the freakish athleticism.

I've been telling you guys how Felton was gonna play for you guys for years. I even gave you the perfect stat line for his first year "Will give gyou 16/7.5 - if your coach is willing to let him make some of the dumbest decisions that anyone has seen in years". All that's left of the prophecy is the epic playoff loss.

He'll probably get Hibachi'd by Teague or something.
We all know that epic loss will happen. In the interim, the effect Kidd has had on Felton is profound. Even if it will sometimes manifest itself as just sliding Raymond over to the 2 while Kidd manages the possession.

He's played well and Woodson has repeatedly shown that anyone outside of JR (whom Woody seems to give more leeway) will get reprimanded for dumbassness. Hopefully these past few games have just been an aberration.

We all know that epic loss will happen. In the interim, the effect Kidd has had on Felton is profound. Even if it will sometimes manifest itself as just sliding Raymond over to the 2 while Kidd manages the possession.

He's played well and Woodson has repeatedly shown that anyone outside of JR (whom Woody seems to give more leeway) will get reprimanded for dumbassness.

but will he bring Amare off the bench? (Im not convinced he will) To be continued.....

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Do to my work schedule I have not seen 1 second of knicks basketball this year. I've heard parts on the radio, but basketball on the radio can be annoying :(

I'm almost scared to try and watch a game, cause it might bring some bad mojo.

We don't need your bad luck! GTFO!

:p

but will he bring Amare off the bench? (Im not convinced he will) To be continued.....

I don't think Amare wants to be the reason NY starts to sink. Their great start puts him in the position of having to do whatever they want. If he fucks their chemistry up even just being a bench guy...that'd be interesting.

h3ro

Amare has repeatedly said he would come off the bench. The spacing with Melo at the 4 has been great and though going small has really hurt the team rebounding-wise, I think one option we might see employed would be Amare playing 4/5 against teams lacking true centers. I think that would allow him space to operate on the block and put his Hakeem endorsed Dream shake to work. *sips more koolaid*

Either way, it'll be good to see him on the court again, he seems like he's genuine in his desire to win here and that he's a good guy. I'm pulling for him.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Lillard hit a game winner last night, huh? did anyone predict this kid would tear it up like he has when he came into the league?

John Hollinger proclaimed he would be a bust.

He's now the stat guru for the Grizzlies.

To be fair, most of the seniors picked in the lottery bust and Lillard seemed especially suspicious since he was given an undrafted free agent grade before the 2011, 2010, and 2009 drafts and no big school was interested in him. There were a ton of major red flags about him, but it just turned out that he was really good and no one noticed until 2012 instead of there being a talent issue that got overlooked as he started dominating players young and less developed than him (like how Derrick Williams' issues got overlooked once he was more physically developed than the guys he played against)

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Pretty sure the Wolves could do that tonight without Rubio.

Looks like Love is back too. Might have to catch the game in person tonight.

Maybe, Wolves did blow them out earlier this year sans Love and Rubio.

But I don't think they have a shot against Miami with Rubio on limited minutes, so just send him out tonight.

dy how come you dont believe in improvement?kidd alone will help out felton as we continue this long season.i believe in this team,there is a long way to go. plenty of time to get ready for the ECF match vs miami.

h3ro

The same replay from 2 days ago? Damn guess they really want to clear out those Lin jerseys.

at9pc.jpg

Adam just picked up his.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
A stat that can't be ignored now that Trade Season is fully underway: Utah ranks No. 23 in defensive efficiency and allows 106 points per 100 possessions when Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap anchor the frontcourt. When it's anchored by Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter? Just 95.3 points.

That's a possibility. He could also be reinvigorated by the crowd/setting and go Dark Phoenix on us. I'd love to see Felt take it personally and just completely shut him down and force him into TOs.

Felton hass been on some YNB-esque kick lately with terrible shot selection and passing decisions left and right over the past few games, so hopefully he's refocused and thinks back to all the backlash against his acquisition and all his "chip on my shoulder" talk.

Felton has been playing with a bone bruise on both hands. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/statuses/280717098022473729

Despite the clashes between the San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder dating back to last season's Western Conference finals, Tony Parker doesn't believe the two teams are rivals -- at least not right now.

:x

Lin's first game back in the garden tonight! Knicks D hasn't been tight as it was early in the season, I'd like to see them rebound and lock down on the perimeter tonight. Chandler Parsons went ham last time we played them. Harden is gonna get his but as long as we can limit the damage else where, we should be able to weather that storm.

Also, more burn for Priggi and rest for Kidd, woody pls.

yeah, i agree with all of this. lin might go nuts since hes back in the garden but the main problems are harden and parsons who bent us over last time. gotta shut those two dudes down. defense in general needs to be as tight as it was the beginning of the season.

hope melo is good to go tonight. if not its gonna be a grind

Top Bottom