• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

SamuraiX-

Hey, it's a positive. Take what you can get man.

32 bench points in one half.

I don't even care that it's against the Suns, just give me a group of guys who actually look like they deserve to be getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball.

And John Salmons just now commits a 5-second inbound violation.

giri

32 bench points in one half.

I don't even care that it's against the Suns, just give me a group of guys who actually look like they deserve to be getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball.

And John Salmons just now commits a 5-second inbound violation.

What would be your starting 5?

PG: Ish
SG: Tyreke
SF: Garcia
PF: TRob
C : DMC

AB/Thornton/JT/Hayes off the bench?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

SF: Garcia
PF: TRob

AB/Thornton/JT/Hayes off the bench?

Fire Smart get a coach who will run a half court set trade someone for a decent SF with range

giri

Fire Smart get a coach who will run a half court set trade someone for a decent SF with range

Yeah, there were several around here who liked Smart... I was never sold on him. He did a lot of basic stuff right but that seems about all he can do. He doesn't really seem to have any idea what to do with teams on offense, only get them to hustle.

And yes, they desperately need a SF who can shoot and play D. doesn't have to be an all star, just do those two things.

SamuraiX-

SF: Garcia James Johnson
PF: TRob Jason Thompson

AB/Jimmer/Thornton/Garcia/T-Rob/Hayes off the bench?

Jason Thompson is still better than T-Rob. Robinson is really gonna have to have some ridiculous kind of breakout to start over JT. I like James Johnson starting because he's the one player on this team that really knows how to move without the ball and doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective. Plus he's one of the better passers on the team. We need more unselfishness and passing in the starting lineup.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
i don't know this losing feeling

i mean come on losing 3 out of the last 4 games

i feel like shit

fire pop

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah, there were several around here who liked Smart... I was never sold on him. He did a lot of basic stuff right but that seems about all he can do. He doesn't really seem to have any idea what to do with teams on offense, only get them to hustle.

And yes, they desperately need a SF who can shoot and play D. doesn't have to be an all star, just do those two things.
If they could get Mac 10 and Chandler from Den they would be in business

giri

Jason Thompson is still better than T-Rob. Robinson is really gonna have to have some ridiculous kind of breakout to start over JT. I like James Johnson starting because he's the one player on this team that really knows how to move without the ball and doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective. Plus he's one of the better passers on the team. We need more unselfishness and passing in the starting lineup.

Kings also played their Best D with JJ Starting, but he's a bit too slow to really play the SF for extended periods.

And i like JT, he's solid enough. But if you're not winning stuff this year you may as well give burn to TRob to see what he can do.

I'd love to see an AB/Thornton/Jimmer/Tyreke/JT line up on the court. Who ever took the ball over the halfway line would be shooting it. Would be glorious.

If they could get Mac 10 and Chandler from Den they would be in business

I was trying to think of a name... but yeah, wilson would be a pretty good fit. Somewhere he doesn't need to create for him self.

Kellen

i don't know this losing feeling

i mean come on losing 3 out of the last 4 games

i feel like shit

fire pop

339048_o.gif

SamuraiX-

I'd love to see an AB/Thornton/Jimmer/Tyreke/JT line up on the court. Who ever took the ball over the halfway line would be shooting it. Would be glorious.

Keith has actually played a Brooks-Thornton-Salmons-Thompson-Cousins lineup for 45.3 minutes this season.

In fact, that's our 3rd most played lineup.

I still have the scars from actually witnessing an Aaron Brooks / Marcus Thornton / John Salmons / Travis Outlaw / Jason Thompson lineup.

Oh God...

I'm kind of amazed that it's only December and Deron just threw Avery under the bus.

Williams has stunk this year, true, but we do have the personnel to run PnR, and it's obvious that the iso-heavy offense isn't doing Deron or Joe any favors as they get older.

I read that earlier, I wouldn't really categorize that as throwing Avery under the bus

They don't even have the personnel to run the same system he did in Utah. Who exactly is their high post PF and pick and roll partner? That isn't Bropez's game

And I hate making Boozer sound competent at anything besides being a scam and a con of a teammate

I read that earlier, I wouldn't really categorize that as throwing Avery under the bus

They don't even have the personnel to run the same system he did in Utah. Who exactly is their high post PF and pick and roll partner? That isn't Bropez's game

And I hate making Boozer sound competent at anything besides being a scam and a con of a teammate

So Boozer is a shitty teammate now? Soulplaya, defend your man.

But none of Avery's teams have been amazing offensively. The Mavs had two of the best iso scorers in the league in Jet and Dirk when he was there, and they lost to inferior teams in the first round two years in a row. It's not so much that Sloan's system is the answer, but it's more like, "does Avery actually know how to coach a PG?"

giri

Actually, it would suit bropez pretty good as he has a jumper to go with it, so PnR, PnP

I think Derrons main points were, he's injured, and there isn't as much movement in the offense as he's used to. Both legitimate.

Emwitus

Sounds like he wants jerry sloan in Brooklyn.

Top Bottom