• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm glad I'm going to get to see the Wolves on TNT again before the apocalypse.
Thoughts on the matchup?

I'll be very interested to see if we can rebound effectively against your front line.

Also, I'm terrified of JJ Barea. Still having 2011 WCF flashbacks.

Noriega said:
Wait so you're telling me that the Heat have only played 2 road games in the last 33 days.

This league
TWOOOOO ROAD GAMES!

DOS! JUEGOS EN EL CAMINOOOOOOOOO

I have no idea if that Spanish is correct, don't kill me

Emwitus

Wait so you're telling me that the Heat have only played 2 road games in the last 33 days.

This league

David-STern-Gif1.gif

KingGondo

Banned
Since the world ends tomorrow

gondo I always hated you. now racism can be a part of that list
It's not racism, it's ignorance.

I took Spanish in high school, clearly my skills have deteriorated since then.

I thought everyone here would welcome a joke at the terrible Heat announcer's expense.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Thoughts on the matchup?

I'll be very interested to see if we can rebound effectively against your front line.

Also, I'm terrified of JJ Barea. Still having 2011 WCF flashbacks.

Oh, the Wolves are going to lose. Nobody can make outside shots and only 2 healthy wings, so they'll be running lots of 2 point guard lineups, which is real bad news against Oklahoma City.

But Barea is awesome and Rubio is playing, so maybe it'll be close.

KingGondo

Banned
Oh, the Wolves are going to lose. Nobody can make outside shots and only 2 healthy wings, so they'll be running lots of 2 point guard lineups, which is real bad news against Oklahoma City.

But Barea is awesome and Rubio is playing, so maybe it'll be close.
OKC's playing awesome right now... But if it's any consolation I consider a road win against the Wolves to be a quality win nowadays.

lol

...and the two men embraced.

The Los Angeles Clippers' franchise record-tying 11th consecutive victory had owner Donald Sterling in the locker room.

Sterling grabbed the hand of coach Vinny Del Negro. Then he told Del Negro, "Vinny, give me a hug," and the two men embraced.

"Not bad, is it?" Sterling said.

Fixed for you. :x

Also, Blunder/Clips vs. Grizzlolz/Clips WCF, which would you guys rather see?

Is there a non-Clippers option?

Of course not.

But here, just for you...

It was the first time Sterling has entered the Clippers' locker room this season and the first time many of the new players on the team had even met him. As Jamal Crawford tied his shoes, Sterling walked up to him and said, "I love watching you shoot. When you shoot, everyone is quiet. I love it."

As Crawford shook his hand, Sterling said, "You're going to stay here forever, right? I love having you here. Thank you so much."

I don't even... :|

PTS/G: 101.3 (8th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 92.4 (4th of 30)
SRS: 9.01 (2nd of 30) ▪ Pace: 91.3 (19th of 30)
Off Rtg: 110.4 (4th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 100.8 (4th of 30)

Clips are the only team in top five for both ORtg and DRtg. They also have the 2nd highest SRS as well as the 2nd highest MOV.

Madness.

... only from hawt womenz, h3ro. :(

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/12/20/all-star-saturday-moving-to-east-west-format-for-first-time/
For the first time, State Farm All-Star Saturday Night will feature a new format that pits the Eastern Conference against the Western Conference in a night of competition that will raise money for charity, the NBA and State Farm announced Thursday.

As part of the new format, points earned by each conference throughout the four All-Star Skills Competitions will determine the conference that earns the title of 2013 State Farm All-Star Saturday Night Champion. Also, each conference will have an All-Star Saturday Night captain who will lead his team during the event.

They should get rid of the dunk contest instead.

Jeff-DSA

Guys, according to Klout, I'm influential about Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant. This is unacceptable. Other topics include Games, Nerf, Miami Dolphins, Utah, Money, Michigan, Apps, Oregon, FIFA, Military, Detroit Tigers, TV, Major League Soccer, Football, Bowling, Movies, and iTunes.

I can swallow most of those without too much complaint, but DEREK FISHER AND KOBE BRYANT?! I have no words.

Cloudy

Banned
LeBron hasn't been called for a foul in a while

41 Mins Against The Wolves 0 Fouls

42 Mins Against The Warriors 0 Fouls

40 Mins Against The Hawks 0 Fouls

31 Mins Against The Wiz 0 Fouls

Oh And 39 Mins Against The Knicks 0 Fouls

6 fouls for all of December

Jeff-DSA

http://www.nj.com/ledger-dalessandr...ndro_deron_williams_holding_on_too_tight.html

Just a scathing ripjob on Deron being a fat, lazy, unmotivated fuck and being the primary reason why the Nets are going nowhere.

It's all true though.

So many players struggle after leaving Sloan's system. Think of the massive downgrade in coaching he's dealing with and the fact that he's never been the same since the injury.

He hopped on CoD with us a couple of weeks ago and my friend was teasing him about "leaving" the Jazz. Deron said, "I didn't leave, you guys sent me away."

We didn't say much more to him about basketball until later when my friend asked if he missed Utah and he said, "absolutely. Great place."

I don't know, Deron might just be a little down, and it's showing in his game, but I think his injury is the bigger issue. He seems to be playing afraid to some degree.

Cloudy

Banned
So many players struggle after leaving Sloan's system. Think of the massive downgrade in coaching he's dealing with and the fact that he's never been the same since the injury.

You can't really blame coaching for an individual player's performance. Especially a star player who gets big minutes.

Deron's jumper has just been OFF for the last few seasons yet he's taking more 3s than ever. I guess Sloan ran a more disciplined offense and didn't encourage asshole 3s but at some point the player has to reign himself in. For a guy with such nice handles, he should be able to get to the rim more...

Few PGs can carry a team offensively and it seems to me he's trying to do too much with the Nets..

You can't really blame coaching for an individual player's performance. Especially a star player who gets big minutes.

Deron's jumper has just been OFF for the last few seasons yet he's taking more 3s than ever. I guess Sloan ran a more disciplined offense and didn't encourage asshole 3s but at some point the player has to reign himself in. For a guy with such nice handles, he should be able to get to the rim more...

Few PGs can carry a team offensively and it seems to me he's trying to do too much with the Nets..

Well to be fair he is lugging the bloated contract known as Joe Johnson around. Who is currently stuggling to be a broke ass man's Ray Allen.

Jeff-DSA

His shot has gone to crap since the wrist injury. Sloan put him in easier scoring situations though. By far.

Cloudy

Banned
Well to be fair he is lugging the bloated contract known as Joe Johnson around. Who is currently stuggling to be a broke ass man's Ray Allen.

How do you explain last 2 years before JJ? D-Will is my 3rd favorite player but he is playing like shit and his game has been declining the last 2 years even though he's looked good in spurts. He obviously doesn't work on his game as much as he should. He is way too good to be shooting under 40% and having 3 turnovers a game as a PG.

His shot has gone to crap since the wrist injury. Sloan put him in easier scoring situations though. By far.

Well, Sloan's system is gone. He needs to adjust. It's one thing for a star to accept mediocrity from his teammates but he has to lead by example with his own preparation and effort. I've always been in the D-Will > CP3 camp but CP3 never let a bad Hornets team affect his own game!

We're not lucky enough to unload Mullens in such a way.

I'd love to just get rid of Mullens and keep Henderson, but heck we just moved up to the 5 spot in the lottery so I'm not sure we should mess with a good thing. I could see Detroit and Nola passing us by too eventually, which would put us at 3rd. And considering the past history of the lottery that's a pretty good place to be.

Top Bottom