• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Esiquio

Really interesting game to watch. Awesome to watch the Lake-Show pull themselves out of a 14-point hole in the fourth quarter. D12 needs to watch his pushing, he didn't get away with ANYTHING that game, while Kobe got hammered quite a few times and the refs swallowed dem whistles right up. Either way, the Warriors are a really streaky offensive team that can really score at times, and the Lakers actually played some good D to get that game close. Good win, and I feel better about my Lakers playing a better game against the Knicks than I would have a week or two ago.

AcridMeat

Banned
What a tough loss to see in person. Being there you could tell the mistakes made so clearly, and it was because of the switch defensively in the 4th on Kobe. Why in the hell Mark Jackson decided to put Klay Thompson against him when Barnes was doing such a good job all game I don't know.

And that missed lay up...fuck.

Salamndar

I'm a Lakers fan, Have been a Lakers fan since I was a little boy - in the 80's - but still I do not see the Lakers that I know.

This Lakers team has waaaay to many issues that need to be solved. As many of you praising their D tonight, I say the D is still fragile especially on the perimeter, under the basket, Pau needs to learn how to fight for the rebound, the dude is too soft.

Offensively the team is forcing too many shots, it is good the Nash is back but they need to stop forcing the ball in, it should be smooth, automatic and more relaxed.

linsivvi

I'm a Lakers fan, Have been a Lakers fan since I was a little boy - in the 80's - but still I do not see the Lakers that I know.

This Lakers team has waaaay to many issues that need to be solved. As many of you praising their D tonight, I say the D is still fragile especially on the perimeter, under the basket, Pau needs to learn how to fight for the rebound, the dude is too soft.

Offensively the team is forcing too many shots, it is good the Nash is back but they need to stop forcing the ball in, it should be smooth, automatic and more relaxed.

Defense is a problem but why are you blaming Pau on rebounds? It seems like an odd thing to point out from a game in which he had 10 rebounds. It was his turnovers that was costly.

Dwight on the other hand, was terrible on the board.

Cloudy

Banned
I wonder if would folks prefer that Kobe pass up shots he normally takes. I can't think of many shots tonight that weren't open, at the rim or against one defender only. The last shot in regulation was over a double team but the help came with like 3 seconds on the clock..

41 shots is a lot but unless you're just upset at the number without context, I don't see the issue. Metta came off the bench (Kobe shot 10 in the first quarter), Nash and Pau were pretty tentative offensively and Dwight was in foul trouble all night. Kobe also got ZERO calls when he was hit at the rim

In a game, with 2 fast-paced teams and the circumstances above, I'll take 41 shots from Kobe in the flow of the offense any day..

Ugly ass win. But damn I will take the win no matter which way it comes.

Fucking Kobe the Globetrotter hahaha

KobeBryantFallsDown.gif

Salamndar

True Howard was bad this game, Pau should fight for every rebound out there, 10 rebounds for a 7 footer is just normal, he should have grabbed at least 15 that game, he does not fight for it, he needs to step up and fight for it.

Howard has his mind some where else, probably he is shocked to know that in Orlando he was " The star" but in the Kobe Land he needs to adjust for the fact that he is second, and here is his problem, no one is asking him to be the star but at least he is not giving it the effort to be the Lakers number 2 !

There is no need to talk about the Lakers bench.................WE ALL KNOW !

I wonder if would folks prefer that Kobe pass up shots he normally takes. I can't think of many shots tonight that weren't open, at the rim or against one defender only. The last shot in regulation was over a double team but the help came with like 3 seconds on the clock..

41 shots is a lot but unless you're just upset at the number without context, I don't see the issue. Metta came off the bench (Kobe shot 10 in the first quarter), Nash and Pau were pretty tentative offensively and Dwight was in foul trouble all night. Kobe also got ZERO calls when he was hit at the rim

In a game, with 2 fast-paced teams and the circumstances above, I'll take 41 shots from Kobe in the flow of the offense any day..

Even if we ignore the fact that you're wrong and Kobe forced bad shots...

Kobe was 16/41 and 2/8 from 3 with 0 FTs (not counting a tech).

the rest of the team was 33/66 and 7/19 from 3 with 11/13 FTs

Even if they were good shots, which they weren't, at some point Kobe has to say "hey, my shots not falling but everyone else is shooting well so how about I create more shots for them?"

Kobe was 10/29 heading into the 4th, man. It was not a coincidence that the Lakers came back from down 14 to 4 when he entered the game and of course after he gets it to 2 on a dunk created by Howard then the Ws go back up by 7 after a bad play by him. Then the Lakers came back by running the offense through Pau followed by a Nash-Dwight PnR most of the rest of the game.

It would be one thing if the entire team couldn't shoot. but they were shooting well and getting FTs. No need to force it. Force when the offense stagnates.

linsivvi

True Howard was bad this game, Pau should fight for every rebound out there, 10 rebounds for a 7 footer is just normal, he should have grabbed at least 15 that game, he does not fight for it, he needs to step up and fight for it.

Howard has his mind some where else, probably he is shocked to know that in Orlando he was " The star" but in the Kobe Land he needs to adjust for the fact that he is second, and here is his problem, no one is asking him to be the star but at least he is not giving it the effort to be the Lakers number 2 !

There is no need to talk about the Lakers bench.................WE ALL KNOW !

Actually the bench is much improved from last season. 46 points in this game if you count MWP (I still think he should start). It's the inconsistent play of Pau, Dwight not at 100% and Nash being out that hurts.

Of course the coaching also has a lot to do with it too.

It would be one thing if the entire team couldn't shoot. but they were shooting well and getting FTs. No need to force it. Force when the offense stagnates.

This. However, Kobe has been largely in control for most of the season, so I'll give him a pass on this one.

Cloudy

Banned
Even if they were good shots, which they weren't, at some point Kobe has to say "hey, my shots not falling but everyone else is shooting well so how about I create more shots for them?"

But his "shots" were falling, The majority of his misses were chippies around the rim. Also, he doesn't have that mentality of shutting it down just because he's struggling. He will make plays if they are there (kickout 3 for Nash with a minute left) but Kobe is a scorer first unless he's being doubled. After 17 years, everyone needs to accept this..

It was not a coincidence that the Lakers came back from down 14 to 4 when he entered the game

Of course it was. GS was just missing their 3s (they were still running and gunning up big for some reason). Also, I'm pretty sure Curry was sitting during a lot of that stretch as well..

Then the Lakers came back by running the offense through Pau followed by a Nash-Dwight PnR most of the rest of the game.

They ran the same offense all game. I did not see much Kobe dribbling tonight. He came off screens and shot or drove for the most part. I would bet that the majority of his shots tonight were catch and shoot...

No need to force it. Force when the offense stagnates.

He took 41 shots but few of them were "forced"

Honestly, since Mike Brown has left, I'm not too upset about the bench. Jamison played well for a time, Hill has done well when he wasn't hurt, Meeks has played great for the Lakers. There's some up and downs like any bench has, but it's been decent post-Brown. Sacre has shown a couple moments, too.

I won't count MWP with the bench so long as he's over 30mpg (or 25 really). It hasn't been consistently putrid as in the past.

I think Meeks-Hill is solid. The question becomes who is that 3rd bench player (since i don't count MWP no matter what). It's definitely not Morris. I think Duhon or Blake could be an average backup PG but they really need a decent backup wing. A Ronnie Brewer who could start games for 6 min each half or something before MWP comes in.

The hope was it could be ebanks but he is not consistent enough to do it.

Yeap, Refs got together tonight and said "Fuck Kobe, we gotta stop his 30 streak here". He took a large amount of shots driving to the hoop and only got one call in the entire game. I guess this should be expected because the Refs started disrespecting the shit out of Malone towards the end of his career too.
Why do you have to be such a stan?

Cloudy

Banned
I think Meeks needs to start. Morris is out of control and his jumper isn't reliable. We need spacing if the 2 bigs start..

But his "shots" were falling, The majority of his misses were chippies around the rim.

Horseshit:

Pvhjg.jpg

Only 7 of his 25 shots were around the rim.

2/8 on 3s, 3/10 on long jumpers. BUT ALL WERE AROUND THE RIM. Also, some of those rim shots were stupid and forced.

Of course it was. GS was just missing their 3s (they were still running and gunning up big for some reason). Also, I'm pretty sure Curry was sitting during a lot of that stretch as well..

Horseshit. Dwight being in to play D was huge as they had TOs around the rim and altered shots. And the offense became decent as Howard hit a couple shots and found players as did Nash when he came in.

They ran the same offense all game. I did not see much Kobe dribbling tonight. He came off screens and shot or drove for the most part. I would bet that the majority of his shots tonight were catch and shoot...

Horseshit. And how do you drive without dribbling? Kobe was great in catch and shoot situations, terrible everywhere else.

And most of his shots were not catch and shoot.

He took 41 shots but few of them were "forced"

Horseshit. Most of his misses from the paint were forced as were his 3s. Most were NOT catch and shit there. Had a couple mid range turnarounds that were early in the clock and tough, too.

You an Emwitus are driving me up a wall, here. Kobe scores 35 on 25 shots and he blames Kobe's offense. Kobe scores 35 on 41 shots (under 40%/25%) shooting and you absolve him.

It's like Hannity vs Shulz here.

Cloudy

Banned
Fine, he missed a lot of easy (for him) jumpers too. My point is that he didn't force much. Oh and you can drive to rim without dribbling on the fast break like he did a few times in that game.

I thought Kobe played a great game despite getting no calls. Only 2 starters didn't have a negative +/- and he's one of them.

Keep counting FGAs. I'll enjoy Kobe's WINNING play!

linsivvi

You an Emwitus are driving me up a wall, here. Kobe scores 35 on 25 shots and he blames Kobe's offense. Kobe scores 35 on 41 shots (under 40%/25%) shooting and you absolve him.

It's like Hannity vs Shulz here.

I LOL'ed.

Their constant "see I told you so" posts whenever Kobe miss or make a shot is unbearable.

AcridMeat

Banned
Another thing that annoyed me greatly, Howard with 5 fouls with 11:30 left in the 4th and nobody drives at him. Pau had 4 and Kobe had 5. Ugh why I gotta itch these open wounds.

Haven't had time to watch the lakers play much, but I'm watching last nights game and nobody looks old or slow, they all just look significantly dumber than they've ever looked before. You've got Dwight drawing triple teams in the post and instead of passing it out he forces a bad shot and then doesn't even get back in transition due to complaining.

Nash looks dumb too in the few minutes that I've watched. Forcing balls into a post player that clearly has shit position and the ball gets deflected.

Defensively they try hard but have bad priorities. They overplay the ball too much instead of stopping dives to the basket.

Id like to think that its impossible for these guys to play this dumb for a whole season but who knows.

And they don't need a trade. They have all the pieces.

linsivvi

A hallway series will be great. There's no way we won't see some folks from either/both Clippers age and Lakers age getting banned over the series.

Pimpwerx

What winning play?

LA Lakers 13 14 .481

Knicks, Nuggers, Blazers, 76ers, Clippers, Nuggers, Rockets, Spurs and OKC to come before you play the Cavs... which is 50/50.

I'm predicting 16-21 after Uncle Drew leaves town. There're a whole lot of L's incoming. Hopefully they can beat the Knicks. PEACE.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Geoff Petrie announced on Saturday that DeMarcus Cousins has been suspended indefinitely by the Sacramento Kings due to "unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental to the team."

Cousins and Keith Smart had a verbal altercation during halftime of the Kings' 97-85 loss to the Clippers on Friday
Derek Fisher was waived at his request by the Dallas Mavericks.

Fisher suffered a knee injury last week and cited the recovery time of the injury as well as a desire to be back in Los Angeles with his family.

The Mavericks plan to sign Chris Douglas-Roberts of the D-League Texas Legends.
Tyreke Evans feels he has to prove his worth in the NBA all over again after an inconsistent second and third season. Evans' role has changed frequently during his tenure with the Sacramento Kings.

Evans could be a trade candidate if the Kings feel re-signing him in the offseason as a restricted free agent is unlikely.

"I'm just here to play basketball," said Evans. "If I get traded, that's what happens.
so much lol

Omega

Banned
i kind of feel bad for Evans. he's not a bad player at all

kings are fuckin retarded though. is aaron brooks still gettin playtime over thomas?

mhi

Glad to see Odom slowly playing himself into shape. His game is coming back, all he has left to regain is his range.

Don't sleep on the Clippers y'all. The only thing that'll be holding them back come playoff time is Vinny.

Smart was talking about the beginnings of teaching Cousins how to shoot a jump hook, a shot Smart believes can become a go-to move for his big man, who Smart also said seems more to want to be a guard than a center.

After trying the shot in a game earlier this month and not having success with it, Smart said Cousins told him he was probably done practicing it.

lmao

Also, the Kings are allowing 113 points per 100 possessions when Cousins is on the court, lmao.

MWP was big time yesterday! Creating own shots thought it was Kobe sometimes. Nash almost had a double double if Kobe didn't botch the first alley-oop trying to go over and under.

Top Bottom