• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Knicks' Raymond Felton questionable tonight as he continues to struggle with hand issues

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2012/12/knicks_raymond_felton_question.html

Like I said, he needs to be put on the shelf until at least 1/1. For my money, he shouldn't play until at least 1/3 vs SAS. Some time to heal will help his hand, and maybe his head. He has to continue to be aggressive so that the pick and roll works - but he's got to get healthy so he can shoot better.

Canuck76

Banned
Like I said, he needs to be put on the shelf until at least 1/1. For my money, he shouldn't play until at least 1/3 vs SAS. Some time to heal will help his hand, and maybe his head. He has to continue to be aggressive so that the pick and roll works - but he's got to get healthy so he can shoot better.

The games that i've watched he's been a threat in the PnR with chandler and a decent 3pt shooter.

The games that i've watched he's been a threat in the PnR with chandler and a decent 3pt shooter.

The games that the Knicks have lost as of late have featured defenders basically ignoring Ronnie Brewer (who is now shooting just as poorly as his career stats suggest), sagging back to cut Chandler's roll to the basket off (which is his primary offensive function) and daring Felton, jank hands and all, to shoot. Carmelo's brilliance and our good 3-point shooting has allowed us to win despite that...but without Felton being a consistent threat to score on penetration or on shots when keeping the ball on picks, that p'n'r doesn't work.

...and as a result, you have games like yesterday's, or that Bulls game.

[EDIT: lol @ the below Marshon Brooks gif...I think that if he was on the right team, he could actually become a pretty good player. His form is a replication of Kobe's form!]

marshon.gif

Emwitus

Elo fellows. Is shawn marion as an expiring contract to the lakers for ebanks/Jordan hill a good deal? What about marion for ebanks/morris?

I didn't know he lost his mom so early in his life.

same. i also thought he was legit australian but seems like he only spent a few years there.

i also liked how despite being a crazy good PG, kyrie is still a kid that plays video games and writes journal entries to hype himself up. its envious how much his father was there for him and taught him some solid fundamentals.

Knicks' Raymond Felton questionable tonight as he continues to struggle with hand issues

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2012/12/knicks_raymond_felton_question.html

good. he needs to just relax and get healthy.

11942630-large.jpg

God damn reading the thread yesterday night was hilarious.
Healthy NY Felton is much better than this more broken version Knicks are currently using. Let Kidd/Prigs run point and for the love of God Woodson, you can actually start James White. He's shown to be a decent defender and a much better shooter than Brewer.

Kidd/Prignoli
White/JR Smith
Carmelo/Novak/Brewer
Thomas/STAT (in a few days)
Chandler/Camby

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm typically the first one to give an injured player the benefit of doubt.

But Felton doesn't get hurt and "bruised hands" sounds like something he'd either make up because to a dumbass like him it sounds like exactly the type of thing to explain his shitty play and shooting OR he actually did bruise his hands - masturbating furiously to his UNC highlights.

same. i also thought he was legit australian but seems like he only spent a few years there.

i also liked how despite being a crazy good PG, kyrie is still a kid that plays video games and writes journal entries to hype himself up. its envious how much his father was there for him and taught him some solid fundamentals.

He needs to x copy's Tony Parker's floater and Steve Nash's mid range jay off the pnr lol.

So basically the Nuggets traded Melo for Gallo straight up at the end of the day

shit

Your trolling needs to be more substantive.

But Felton doesn't get hurt and "bruised hands" sounds like something he'd either make up because to a dumbass like him it sounds like exactly the type of thing to explain his shitty play and shooting OR he actually did bruise his hands - masturbating furiously to his UNC highlights.

You're fucking Linsane.

it was Mozgov, not Koufas.

Denver needs to dump Gallo and either Mozgov or Koufos on someone. Not sure for whom, as it's slim pickens out there, especially at the 2 guard.

it was Mozgov, not Koufas.

Denver needs to dump Gallo and either Mozgov or Koufos on someone. Not sure for whom, as it's slim pickens out there, especially at the 2 guard.

Trading Koufos for a perimeter player would lead to McGee and Faried starting together upfront which could be the worst defensive frontcourt in the NBA and they'd have no spacing whatsoever.

Trading McGee for a center who cares about winning games should probably be their top priority right now even if their shooting is horrible right now.

He was solid stat wise until recently.

11942630-large.jpg

God damn reading the thread yesterday night was hilarious.

Healthy NY Felton is much better than this more broken version Knicks are currently using. Let Kidd/Prigs run point and for the love of God Woodson, you can actually start James White. He's shown to be a decent defender and a much better shooter than Brewer.

Kidd/Prignoli
White/JR Smith
Carmelo/Novak/Brewer
Thomas/STAT (in a few days)
Chandler/Camby

that lineup looks solid. copeland has also proved, despite his awful defense that he can score. we have enough pieces to pull us through until amare and the spurs game.

if woodson wants a healthy run in the playoffs, hell give felton 3-4 games off so his hands can get better. i dont think he has even been using the bandages or whatever to help his process since he took it off the day after his injury for the game. hopefully it doesnt get any worse.

not sure how he fixes that jank dribble though lol

He needs to x copy's Tony Parker's floater and Steve Nash's mid range jay off the pnr lol.

oh god that floater/lob/whateverthefuck has to go. i thought i heard carmelo telling him to stop "that garbage shot" yesterday hah.

Trading Koufos for a perimeter player would lead to McGee and Faried starting together upfront which could be the worst defensive frontcourt in the NBA and they'd have no spacing whatsoever.

They'd have either Mozgov or Koufas to start.

They need a legit #1 option. There are only two routes if they keep Lawson and Iggy and Faried (who I think they should keep). Get another strong wing (missed out on Harden, though and really don't know if anyone else exists) or go after a PF/C like LMA or Millsap. If they're even available, that is.

What would you do if you're denver? They can move Iggy as he's an expiring, but they probably wouldn't get a better haul for right now than Gallo + stuff. (by right now I mean this season, versus picks)

edit: I don't know if McGee is easily tradeable. I figure that into my thought process here.

We're in a world where Dwight Howard and Dwayne Wade are second options now.

The only way to get a 1st option in todays NBA is tanking and hoping you hit on once a decade scorer.

DY_nasty

He was solid state wise until recently.

No

He was playing out of his mind until recently. I don't know why people thought that was "normal" from him. Even when he was with NY in the past, he was substantially worse and they won less games because of it. If the entirety of the team wasn't on fire from 3, and aware of it - seeing as how they led the league in 3pt attempts as well, then he wouldn't be letting down all of his fans and Lin deniers.

The only way to get a 1st option in todays NBA is tanking and hoping you hit on once a decade scorer.

but but but

you signed ariza and okafor

you're gonna turn the corner and learn how to win

but but but

that lineup looks solid. copeland has also proved, despite his awful defense that he can score. we have enough pieces to pull us through until amare and the spurs game.
I'm not sure when, but I heard Cope will be sent down soon so he can get regular burn.
if woodson wants a healthy run in the playoffs, hell give felton 3-4 games off so his hands can get better. i dont think he has even been using the bandages or whatever to help his process since he took it off the day after his injury for the game. hopefully it doesnt get any worse.

not sure how he fixes that jank dribble though lol
Don't think he ever used a bandage/wrap, interfered with the power of the JANK DRIBBLE. Basically every time he fell down/got hit on the hand he re-aggravated the injuries, and now he fucked up his pinky. Seriously, he's going to have body parts falling off soon.
No

He was playing out of his mind until recently. I don't know why people thought that was "normal" from him. Even when he was with NY in the past, he was substantially worse and they won less games because of it. If the entirety of the team wasn't on fire from 3, and aware of it - seeing as how they led the league in 3pt attempts as well, then he wouldn't be letting down all of his fans and Lin deniers.
Err, the only thing that Felton had been horrible is at shot selection and finishing layups... things all Knicks fans know he's been crappy with. However he's actually been good at running the O/keeping turnovers down before the injuries. But due to his knuckle-headedness he's shooting more even though he has no touch now... or ever.

If you've watched him over the past week how many wide-open shots has he been getting? Roughly the same amount, he just can't hit them now. A smarter player would drive and dish or spam PnR, which is what the Knicks have tried the last 2-3 games with varying success. Felton just needs to sit.

They'd have either Mozgov or Koufas to start.

They need a legit #1 option. There are only two routes if they keep Lawson and Iggy and Faried (who I think they should keep). Get another strong wing (missed out on Harden, though and really don't know if anyone else exists) or go after a PF/C like LMA or Millsap. If they're even available, that is.

What would you do if you're denver? They can move Iggy as he's an expiring, but they probably wouldn't get a better haul for right now than Gallo + stuff. (by right now I mean this season, versus picks)

edit: I don't know if McGee is easily tradeable. I figure that into my thought process here.

I don't know if Gallinari is that tradeable at this point either. His stats and tools have been loved by statistical projection models, but they haven't been that impressive in general. McGee's physical tools and box score numbers are insane right now and I think they could more for him right now even if he's actually terrible.

I know. Which is why I said it's hard. They kind of have to wait to see if someone becomes available, really. A Love/LMA type thing.

I don't know if Gallinari is that tradeable at this point either. His stats and tools have been loved by statistical projection models, but they have been that impressive in general. McGee's physical tools and box score numbers are insane right now and I think they could more for him right now even if he's actually terrible.

I think GMs are still high on Gallo. If they can sell now, they should. At least test the waters.

I agree with you on McGee but I think most GMs still think he's a joke.

I'm not sure when, but I heard Cope will be sent down soon so he can get regular burn.

Don't think he ever used a bandage/wrap, interfered with the power of the JANK DRIBBLE. Basically every time he fell down/got hit on the hand he re-aggravated the injuries, and now he fucked up his pinky. Seriously, he's going to have body parts falling off soon.

nice. time to unleash the power contained within the disney princess bookbag.

i forgot the last time i saw felton with any facial expression other than OH FUCK IT HURTS in the last few weeks.

I think GMs are still high on Gallo. If they can sell now, they should. At least test the waters.

I agree with you on McGee but I think most GMs still think he's a joke.

If they can get something for Gallinari, they probably should, but I don't know if there really is a market. This is his 5th season and he's regressing and is getting pretty big money now.

DY_nasty

Err, the only thing that Felton had been horrible is at shot selection and finishing layups... things all Knicks fans know he's been crappy with. However he's actually been good at keeping turnovers down before the injuries, and due to his bullheadedness he's shooting more even though he has no touch now... or ever.

Why are you in denial like he wasn't throwing alleys to random fans in the 3rd row back when he was with NY the first time around?

He's a naturally bad shooter and poor decision maker in the same sense that Ronnie Brewer is consistently the worst wide open shot on the court. Felton doesn't just make silly turnovers, he makes the worst kind of turnovers. That's something that you can't teach or fix without simply removing his impact on the game entirely. I told you this years ago. Put your hopes and dreams in Prig or something. Felton's brain, Amare's knees, and Carmelo's leadership are the worst gambles in basketball right now.

Why are you in denial like he wasn't throwing alleys to random fans in the 3rd row back when he was with NY the first time around?

He's a naturally bad shooter and poor decision maker in the same sense that Ronnie Brewer is consistently the worst wide open shot on the court. Felton doesn't just make silly turnovers, he makes the worst kind of turnovers. That's something that you can't teach or fix without simply removing his impact on the game entirely. I told you this years ago. Put your hopes and dreams in Prig or something. Felton's brain, Amare's knees, and Carmelo's leadership are the worst gambles in basketball right now.

Before the All star break (and in november), he was very good, absolutely not like he is right now. I find the injury excuse ludicrous though. If you're hurt, let others make more plays, give the ball to Kidd and JR more, don't chuck 30 shots a game... The stretch where Melo was hurt fucked his attitude up. He was the first option. Sad. JR should have been inserted in the starting lineup at that point to prevent it.

giri

I said this last night.

I can see denver being that team that blows it all up this year. Or making a BIG trade.

Also, you can't ship out koufas, you ship mozgov / mcgee (who was, and still is, fucking terrible).

I've been a staunch gallo defender... but good lord is he having a terrible year. And if his shot isn't falling, i'm not sure what he brings to the table with other skills.

DY_nasty

I said this last night.

I can see denver being that team that blows it all up this year. Or making a BIG trade.

Also, you can't ship out koufas, you ship mozgov / mcgee (who was, and still is, fucking terrible).

I've been a staunch gallo defender... but good lord is he having a terrible year. And if his shot isn't falling, i'm not sure what he brings to the table with other skills.

So basically

they should trade for Mullens

Top Bottom