• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/...to-chill-d-will-needs-to-snap-back-to-reality

The days when athletes covered themselves only with towels in the locker room are gone. They now cover themselves with their own reporters. In the most blatant sign yet of athletes controlling the content and the message, Nets star Deron Williams has employed his very own beat writers to chronicle the team's daily travails through the prism of everything D-Will. Only on DeronWilliams.com can readers enjoy game stories written from a D-Will-centric perspective, whether he had anything to do with the outcome or not. (OK, granted, he usually does.) Nearly every headline contains the term D-Will; every story leads with the website's main (and only) character. Every quote from the man himself appears in bold-face italics, double the size of the rest of the copy. All that's missing in this alternative universe is the elusive scoop that can put any sports website on the map. So when D-Will lands an exclusive interview with D-Will and D-Will writes up the story, I wonder: Will there be anyone left to link to it after the internet explodes?

WTF

Kevtones

A9UGoltCMAAlabZ.jpg:large

Andrew Bynum rumors have his injury finally starting to heal. This is a big deal, especially because he still hasn't played a minute for the Philadelphia 76ers since they traded for him from the LA Lakers.

A report states that the swelling in Bynum's knees has gone down, possibly getting to a point soon where he can actually start playing basketball again. That gives the 76ers a bit of hope when it comes to a strong second half of the season.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I was looking into why MKG hasn't done any interviews at all this year and it became pretty clear that the Bobcats were going out of their way to protect the guy. He's been working hard to deal with a speech impediment and its clear that both sides are on the same page and working towards the same goal.

Then I thought of the Royce White situation and got a bad taste in my mouth again...
is derrick williams really that bad to get DNP's?

Absolutely. All style, zero substance.

giri

Then I thought of the Royce White situation and got a bad taste in my mouth again...

so you're saying MKG isn't sitting at home being bitter and t-t-ttweet-tweeting about it all day?

The more i know about MKG the better he appears to be .

I was looking into why MKG hasn't done any interviews at all this year and it became pretty clear that the Bobcats were going out of their way to protect the guy. He's been working hard to deal with a speech impediment and its clear that both sides are on the same page and working towards the same goal.

Never held Marbury back.

Kevin Ding @KevinDing about 5 minutes ago
Mike D'Antoni on Kobe being on the cusp of 30,000 points: "That just means he's old."

lol. im warming up to this guy.

DY_nasty

This is the first time I've heard Steve Martin bitch about the refs...

*slow nod*

I hope once MKG overcomes his fear of public speaking the league will market him more and he'll start to get some calls. He's still a rookie though so maybe things will work out eventually regardless of his speech impediment.

Eh, the game won't start until the benches come in.

EDIT: Brewer is shooting too much. Only wide open 3's and cuts to the hoop/dunks, dude.

DY_nasty

He legitimately has a fear of public speaking? The fuck?

Yeah. It goes a bit deeper than that though. Public speaking fears aren't all that common, but combined with a speech impediment it can become a very big issue. After reading about all he did back at Kentucky, I'm shocked he handled draft night as well as he did. Both Kentucky and Charlotte have been extremely protective of him.

holy shit our bigs suck at rebounding

edit: if Noel is available in the draft we take him, no questions asked. I'm fucking sick of our weak ass front court.

DY_nasty

chandler is eying a double double in the first quarter

mullens is turrible

I hope once MKG overcomes his fear of public speaking the league will market him more and he'll start to get some calls. He's still a rookie though so maybe things will work out eventually regardless of his speech impediment.

MKG is a good looking dude so he'll get some marketing stuff eventually, the bigger issue is how on earth is the league going to market someone as hideously ugly as Anthony Davis.

Top Bottom