• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's time for him to go.

I know that would have consequences but Amnesty him???

9yLr8.jpg

Nah, try to offer up a trade first. Amnestying is pointless at this junction. Now, in 2-3 years when Mirotic comes to America and Boozer is still on the team with the new cap limits...then yeah, I see amnesty being the probable option here. But not until then.

Yeah, good points.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...ologize-amare-stoudemire-extinguished-comment

was this already posted?

Heat announcer Michael Baiamonte referred to Stoudemire over the AmericanAirlines Arena loudspeakers as having been "extinguished from the game" after he was assessed his sixth foul with 4:48 left in the game. The Heat went on to claim a 106-94 victory to eliminate the Knicks from the playoffs in five games.

"That's Stoudemire's sixth personal foul," Baiamonte announced after Stoudemire was called for an offensive foul on a drive into the lane. "He has been extinguished from the game."

Baiamonte's comment was in reference to Stoudemire banging his left hand out of frustration into a fire extinguisher case outside of the Knicks' locker room after New York's 104-94 loss on April 30 to trail 2-0 in the series against the Heat. Stoudemire missed Game 3 after having surgery to repair a gruesome cut on his hand.

Moments after Baiamonte made the statement during Wednesday's game, Heat media relations director Rob Wilson approached Baiamonte at the scorer's table and the two exchanged words briefly.

"Last night at our game, our PA announcer had a momentary lapse of judgment and used a poor choice of words in describing Amare Stoudemire's fouling out of the game," the Heat said in Thursday's statement. "This is not who we are as an organization or who he is as an announcer. Both the Miami Heat and Michael Baiamonte apologize to Amare and the New York Knicks for the inappropriate choice of words."

I personally am disappointed in Heat culture right now

Derrick01

Banned
Cj Watson > D. Rose! Right guys? Sheesh, Good riddance this POS of season! Here's to Rose, Deng, and Noah getting healthy in the summer. See ya next year Bulls :.../

He's still a better PG but his fuck up doesn't change much. I'm sure Rose would have choked at the line or Carmelo'd the final possession trying to shoot over 3 6'8 guys just because "stars HAVE to take the last shot!"

Branduil

Using the amnesty on Boozer isn't pointless at all. If you don't amnesty him, the Bulls are going to end up paying heavy luxury tax penalties.

Ay yo we had a winning record against the Celts and we housed dem fools too.

If anything they don....

I hope Rondo shanks a ref and gets sent to jail with Birdman.

But hey shit gravy. We won a series when a few weeks ago I wanted them to miss the playoffs.

So whatever happens now is cool with me. I just didn't want to choke away the series when we got the lead.

Canuck76

Banned
I don't think it's over the line.

If your stupid enough to punch your hand into a fire extinguisher, it's going to come up in the commentary one way or another

I guess we're supposed to "show some class" as Mickey Arison put it when the big 3 got together or something but that shit even made some of the Knicks fans in the arena laughing

Vire

I don't get it either...it's our home arena, it's not like he said anything too personal. Besides, he fucked up shit in the Heat's house, all they used was words!
I think it's pretty hilarious. We shouldn't apologize to the fucking Knicks. They can suck it. Amare is an idiot and deserves to be mocked for doing so incredibly selfish and dumb.

Using the amnesty on Boozer isn't pointless at all. If you don't amnesty him, the Bulls are going to end up paying heavy luxury tax penalties.

Not necessarily. $76 million next season if they keep Korver/watson/brewer.

That will be only a few million in luxury tax, most likely. And chances are Asik is gone, anyway.

They're fine for next year. Chicago can handle a small luxury tax hit. And if they get rid of one of those 3, their hit will be really tiny.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If I was having a shitty game at halftime, I wouldn't punch glass. I would pull the fire alarm.

I think it's pretty hilarious. We shouldn't apologize to the fucking Knicks. They can suck it. Amare is an idiot and deserves to be mocked for doing so incredibly selfish and dumb.

We should have called it payback for Starks's middle finger and face

I guess we're supposed to "show some class" as Mickey Arison put it when the big 3 got together or something but that shit even made some of the Knicks fans in the arena laughing

btw how much was a ticket? I am kind of thinking about booking a getaway to Miami for a few days, if they're in the finals I would pay for that...

BobLoblaw

Banned
Forget the tax penalty. Booze is completely worthless. His defense is sketchy and his offense is even sketchier. He hasn't stepped up at all and looking back at the post season last year, it's obviously his m.o.

Not according to a Bulls writer, he says the Bulls are expected to match any offer for Asik.

Really? Bit surprised on that one. Well, it depends on how high we're talking, of course.

They can still sign him for a MLE contract, let Watson go, and be around $78 million. Chicago can handle that for a year.

Amnestying Boozer won't be a 1 for 1 savings. They need to get to about 85 million for that.

LOL @ hollins taking crunch time shots!

Canuck76

Banned
Ryan Hollins has missed from point blank range twice.

Horford is just going to demolish this game.

God please be merciful and end it.

They can still sign him for a MLE contract, let Watson go, and be around $78 million. Chicago can handle that for a year.

Watson is really liked by Thibodeau, I wouldn't be surprised if he's back especially since Rose will miss half the season.

Is he expendable in that situatuion???

Not sure.

All they have is John Lucas and old Mike James(who I don't hate).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom