• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Us loser bros are able to just enjoy the NBA finals (Spurs v. Thunder) without the tears. Feels good man.

It is the one nice thing about no longer having a dog in this show.

Gondo wasn't who was going on and on about the Captain Planet and the Thunder was he? If it was Gondo Ill let that crap slide.

6toiA.jpg

Swagio

smh. You actually think Miami, week ass minded Miami is going to beat San Antonio four out of seven games? Miami who doesn't have anyone to stop Duncan? Miami who doesn't have anyone to stop Parker? Miami who doesn't have anyone like Ginobli off the bench? Miami who lacks home court? Miami coached by Spoelstra? That Miami?

I'm pretty sure that you've been saying the whole time there's no way LeBron shouldn't win this year....so wait, now he has no chance?

I'm pretty sure that you've been saying the whole time there's no way LeBron shouldn't win this year....so wait, now he has no chance?
This shouldn't be misconstrued as an admission of Miami's underdog status in the finals.

If the Spurs win, they most certainly would have overachieved, given the hurdles coming into the year. If Miami wins, it's par for the course.

That being said, it's unlikely that Miami will win since the Heat is just that much worse than the Spurs.

ph33nix said:
I'm pretty sure that you've been saying the whole time there's no way LeBron shouldn't win this year....so wait, now he has no chance
Cognitive Dissonance .

This is the same forum that literally scoffed and laughed at lebron for choking on one page and quickly dismissed him when he came thru on the next one.

Sorry but anytime Emiritus posts or whatever his name is I have to put up an argument because hes just that wrong on so many issues. The fact that he has a Magic/Bird avatar and actually supports both Lakers and Celtics still disgusts me.

giri

I don't think the heat can't win against the spurs. But bosh has to be back and healthy for it to stand a relatively large chance. Because the spurs really will hurt you inside with diaw and duncan. no, Anthony isn't the answer. Haslem might be though.

I think the heat will be the spurs biggest problem though. And it could be a really tough long series.

At this point though, seeing how well the spurs are executing, i'd give them the advantage. They're playing at a level that is just a step above everyone at the moment. Heat and OKC can get on that level, but aren't at the moment.

Vahagn

Cognitive Dissonance .

This is the same forum that literally scoffed and laughed at lebron for choking on one page and quickly dismissed him when he came thru on the next one.

Wow, dude, you just don't get it do you?

Let me define why people think Lebron doesn't come through. It's not that he's never come through in the final moments of a game, it's not even that his FG efficiency is poor. Lebron James, has not, won a championship. Lebron James, in 9 years, has not hit a single tide-turning shot in the final minute of a close finals game in 9 years.

We judge players by landmark things that they do, as we should because our memories can't encompass everything that someone does over their career. Fans don't care what Steve Kerr's, or John Paxson's, or Robert Horry's, or Derek Fisher's or Michael Jordan's efficiency is. We don't care that they've missed shots. We care that they have made iconic shots in big games that led to a championship. That is what it means to be considered "coming through" for someone of Lebron's Caliber.

Unlike Lebron, Wade has done such a thing...so he rightly gets a pass. We've seen Lebron shrink from the moment before, multiple times, and until he owns the occasion, no one should give him credit for "coming through in the clutch" in a regular season game. Or in a game where his team is up by 10 with 1 minute left of a playoff game like the last Indiana game that Wade hand delivered to the team.

Kobe Bryant hasn't quit on his team in all but one game in his entire career, but he quit on the team in one half of a blowout playoff game...and that will always be attached to Kobe. Game 5 against Boston and the Finals last year will always be attached to Lebron. Magic Johnson hit the game winning sky hook in a Finals game, and he was also Tragic Johnson for choking away a finals game/series before that. Players of this caliber are remembered for moments, and they should be.

Lebron James is not clutch until as such time as he delivers a Championship trophy to his team by taking over at least one game that hangs in the balance in the championship round.

Lebron James doesn't, and shouldn't get credit for efficiency, he gets credit for accomplishments. Kobe Bryant, in the first championship run, took over the final minute of game 7 against the Blazers and tipped a tied game to a win with 4 straight points and the moment alley-oop to Shaq. He did it again in game 4 of the Finals by taking over overtime when Shaq was fouled out, scoring 8 points, and hitting the game winner on the road with a sprained ankle.

No one accepts you to succeed every time, but we expect Lebron to succeed once. And "coming through" for a player of Lebron's caliber isn't hitting a game winning shot in a losing series effort, it's actually putting his team over the top in a contested and tight game/series and bringing home a championship.

I don't think the heat can't win against the spurs. But bosh has to be back and healthy for it to stand a relatively large chance. Because the spurs really will hurt you inside with diaw and duncan. no, Anthony isn't the answer. Haslem might be though.

I think the heat will be the spurs biggest problem though. And it could be a really tough long series.

At this point though, seeing how well the spurs are executing, i'd give them the advantage. They're playing at a level that is just a step above everyone at the moment. Heat and OKC can get on that level, but aren't at the moment.

Bosh is key. He usually roasts SA so we will need some decent production from him. Honestly I'm not that scared of their inside scoring.

Edit: Now Vag expects for someone to read that bullshit above like he wasn't involved lol. There is no fucking excuse dude, the Lebron hate was always obvious here but that glaring example was a pretty clear confirmation.

Cognitive Dissonance .

Well you were preening how the you had the Clips beating the Spurs that series after the 1st quarter of the 1st game and now go on to lol Clippers after the Spurs smacked them around. We all have our inconsistencies.

Vahagn

Bosh is key. He usually roasts SA so we will need some decent production from him. Honestly I'm not that scared of their inside scoring.

Edit: Now Vag expects for someone to read that bullshit above like he wasn't involved lol. There is no fucking excuse dude, the Lebron hate was always obvious here but that glaring example was a pretty clear confirmation.

There is no inconsistency. Lebron stood around and watched Wade take over the 4th quarter, and when the game was no longer in the balance, he hit a few shots. The Chosen One called him a front runner, and i seconded that motion as I have before.

Obviously discerning nuance in argument isn't your strong suit.

Well you were preening how the you had the Clips beating the Spurs that series after the 1st quarter of the 1st game and now go on to lol Clippers after the Spurs smacked them around. We all have our inconsistencies.

Nawl clippers were just worst than I thought. Alot worse. Blowing that 20 point lead or whatever it was such a wakeup.

giri

Spurs scored the most PIP so far these play offs. And yesterday both duncan and diaw roasted OKC when they tried to go super small.

I'd be relatively worried about it if i were you. It's not something you can just ignore.

Nawl clippers were just worst than I thought. Alot worse. Blowing that 20 point lead or whatever it was such a wakeup.

And this is why your arguments and people perceive you as nothing other than a giant homer and troll. There's no credit given to what the spurs are doing and how resilient that team is. It's just a litany of excuses and put downs. Recognise they're playing the best basketball of anyone this year, and it will further your cause, not hinder it.

The player who is nicknamed Mr. Clutch either always lost in the Finals or played terrible in the Finals so I'm not sure you have to make deciding shots in the Finals to be clutch.

Vahagn

The player who is nicknamed Mr. Clutch either always lost in the Finals or played terrible in the Finals so I'm not sure you have to make deciding shots in the Finals to be clutch.

he did make a deciding shot, he hit the full court shot in the finals that tied the game and sent it to overtime. (and it was counted a 2)

Again, my theory...we don't expect you to never miss, or to make more than you miss (most people don't shoot 50% in normal game situations)...we just expect you to have at least one iconic moment like that. West had multiple.

Same reason you're considered a champion if you win. Even if you win 2-9 in the finals, you're not worse than someone who goes 1-1. Efficiency doesn't matter, accomplishments do, and 2>1

There is no inconsistency. Lebron stood around and watched Wade take over the 4th quarter, and when the game was no longer in the balance, he hit a few shots. The Chosen One called him a front runner, and i seconded that motion as I have before.

Obviously discerning nuance in argument isn't your strong suit.

You and Mamba and others were laughing and crying choke after Lebron had missed a couple shots, going on about how he isn't showing up in a "loseable game with pressure on" and when he hit the last three shots, the narrative changed to "lmao its the Pacers" or "They were up no pressure" In the span of about a page. Me and others called you all out on it and there was no replies.

Do I need to cite the posts or will you quit lying?

giri said:
And this is why your arguments and people perceive you as nothing other than a giant homer and troll. There's no credit given to what the spurs are doing and how resilient that team is. It's just a litany of excuses and put downs. Recognise they're playing the best basketball of anyone this year, and it will further your cause, not hinder it.

I don't give a fuck if you were playing the 98 bulls. No legit team blows a 20 point lead in the playoffs. Thats simply unacceptable. People were calling the series a sweep from the jump also so its not like I am alone.

Vahagn

You and Mamba and others were laughing and crying choke after Lebron had missed a couple shots, going on about how he isn't showing up in a "loseable game with pressure on" and when he hit the last three shots, the narrative changed to "lmao its the Pacers" or "They were up no pressure" In the span of about a page. Me and others called you all out on it and there was no replies.

research definition of "Front runner" than get back to me

What? Lebron has shown up in games that werent where it all matters: thefinals. He's had what, 10 finals games and never has he been the catalyst for his team. Congrats for showing up in the first few rounds i guess?

Vahagn

Not only was Kobe terrible that series, they also lost the series. How did that turn the tide?

It turned a loss to a win. If you mean "one shot" to turn the tide of the entire series...Jordan doesn't have any of those. He was never down in a Finals series except being down 0-1 to the Lakers and they won the next four games. He has 3 or 4 game winners in his entire finals career and his team was always the favorite, and had the lead in games.

Let Lebron have a game winning shot in a finals game to turn-the-tide of one game and then we'll talk about entire series.

baby steps

Mxrz

The Heat can beat the Spurs if Lebron plays to his own ability instead of deterring to Wade, and Spo doesn't have to come up with some weirdass last minute play resulting in a Wade or Chalmers hero shot. OKC-Miami will just be one long FT contest.

I will. Look up hypocrisy for me.

ClovingSteam said:
What? Lebron has shown up in games that werent where it all matters: thefinals. He's had what, 10 finals games and never has he been the catalyst for his team. Congrats for showing up in the first few rounds i guess?

You can cherry pick his finals failures and whatnot. Thats fine. But that doesn't negate the blatant hypocrisy and hilarious irony shown here on the regular. Sorry.

Vahagn

You can cherry pick his finals failures and whatnot. Thats fine. But that doesn't negate the blatant hypocrisy and hilarious irony shown here on the regular. Sorry.

There is no hypocrisy, he's one of the greatest players in the game today with 9 years of experience. As I've already told you, if you quit on your team once, for one quarter even, it gets attached to your name AS IT SHOULD

Lebron quit on his team multiple times. Get it done in the Finals, then he'll have one ring and one Finals MVP (maybe) and he can work to get to 5-6 so he can be in the argument for best all time.

You're probably the guy that even if he gets one, will now think Lebron detractors have nothing to discuss because he has one ring.

I'm glad you think his failures shouldn't be mentioned because he's hit a clutch shot in the playoffs before...I hold great talents to a higher standard

Hypocrisy? He hasnt done what the greats do. Sorry if it hurts. People have been haiting on him for not showing up when it matters and he hasnt. Showing up in the second and third rounds doesnt negate the deserved criticism that hes endured. When he performs in the finals and actually leads his team to victory os when he'll be seen as clutch. Not before.

Vag do you purposely miss the point or do you just love reading the drivel you type?

And you have cloving in here actually defending that shit. Its so fucking rich.

giri

I don't give a fuck if you were playing the 98 bulls. No legit team blows a 20 point lead in the playoffs. Thats simply unacceptable. People were calling the series a sweep from the jump also so its not like I am alone.

Many have blown big leads.

But thats not the point. You have done everything you can, and still have there, to not recognize things that other teams are doing extremely well. Just excuses and put downs.

And you still picked the clippers. Not for any reason, but just because everyone else went spurs. Most of us went spurs, and sweep, because the spurs have legitimately been playing that far above everyone. Not because the clippers are that bad.

There's a huge difference and its why its very hard to take anything you say as a reasoned opinion and not just a troll / homerism.

You say you're not worried about TD and Diaw. And you had pony demanding ibaka be put in in the 4th quarter. But he couldn't. They had to go with Perk. Perk is the only one that can defend Duncan in the post. Ibaka got abused earlier. So brooks was left with his hands sort of tied, and had to trust perk to be able to defend the millions of PnR's that the spurs were throwing at them. He couldn't.

Its how they got the match ups they wanted, and then went to work and ran off that incredible fourth quarter.

It was amazing to watch Pop manipulate the thunder like that.

you have no point.

Your point is "pages ago, there was an inconsistency" while you're ignoring the the things me and Cloving just wrote because you have no answer and you know it.

Im ignoring what you and cloving have wrote because it has absolutely nothing to do with what I originally am calling you out on. What does Lebron not being some all time great have to do with the dissonance and hypocrisy that I am calling you out for?

Vahagn

Im ignoring what you and cloving have wrote because it has absolutely nothing to do with what I originally am calling you out on. What does Lebron not being some all time great have to do with the dissonance and hypocrisy that I am calling you out for?

my point is consistent, it always has been...I gave Lebron credit for hitting some shots in the final minute of the Pacer game, i said he was shrinking away in the first 10 minutes of the fourth quarter while the game was in the balance. Both of those things are true.

Edit: You're a cool guy - but it's not cognitive dissonance and "Lebron not clutch" is rooted in his past shrinking/disappearing acts and failures to win a championship. You can re-frame the conversation to be one of PER or FG% - but I find people who have accomplishments, talk about accomplishments and measure things by them. Efficiency is important in as much as it helps you win, once you win, it doesn't matter how you did it.

Case in point, Kobe's late clutch numbers this year were horrible (he's clearly past his prime) - but his team's record in close games during the regular season was the best in the league...so the job was done. (Obviously not the case in the playoffs)

What hypocrisy is that?

Emwitus

Sorry but anytime Emiritus posts or whatever his name is I have to put up an argument because hes just that wrong on so many issues. The fact that he has a Magic/Bird avatar and actually supports both Lakers and Celtics still disgusts me.

Whatever son. LOL. Idiot. I'm glad i make a good impression on you. You should ask yourself why my supporting two teams disturbs you so much. Why don't you put up a real argument for your hypocrisy?

The argument we're making is pretty straight-forward. I don't know if imshadowlark is purposely playing ignorant or simply doesn't have the mental capacity to understand it.

None of us said Lebron could never hit a shot in the 4th quarter or make a basket in a close game. I defy imshadowlark to find a quote saying as much.

What we're saying is that when there's real pressure and when his team is at a disadvantage late in the game, Lebron rarely steps up. Lebron can't lead from behind.

Lebron is a frontrunner. He's able to brutally step on the opponent's neck when he and his team have the upper hand. But if he doesn't have a handicap going into the final two minutes, he tends to shrink and defer.

This is what we have been saying and you'll find plenty of past posts supporting this. The Pacers series changed nothing whatsoever. Lebron looked lost and confused when Wade threatened to tank the series with his shameball. Lebron didn't get fully engaged until Wade got his swag back the last three games. Lebron didn't turn the series by putting the team on his back, Wade turned it around with an explosion of offense that 3rd quarter and then they both got rolling from thereafter. None of the last 3 Pacer games were nail-biters in the final minutes. it was mostly just the Heat protecting their fairly comfortable lead.

You don't have to agree with it, but you should at least be capable of understanding the argument we're making here.

Nori Chan

honestly brah, im a celtics fan for the rest of the playoffs

fuck the spurs heat and thunder

dont hate me loserbro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom