• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been cheering for the Spurs in the playoffs because they play fantastic fundamental basketball

Doesn't hurt that Timmy, Manu etc. are very likeable, either

benjipwns

Banned
"Mr. Sterling wants a consensus on all decisions. We went to him and said we think this is what is best for the organization and he agreed," Olshey said, describing Sterling as "an owner who is willing to spend unlimited resources to bring a championship to this organization."

Mrbob

Chris Paul should have tanked one of those last games against Memphis. He bailed VDN's ass out and now he is stuck with him another season.

Magic may end up not totally reamed by Dwight forcing his way out since Deron is leaving if Dwight isn't a Net soon after July 1st.

Nets have so much to gain.

Could go Deron-Dwight-Wallace-Humphries-Brooks-Morrow-Bropez or Brooks-Morrow-Bropez-River of tears.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't think its bandwagoning when you're just in pure and simple admiration of gorgeous offense.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kevin Durant (31 points), James Harden (30) and Russell Westbrook (27) became the first set of three teammates all to score more than 25 points in a 48-minute playoff game since 1995. The previous trio to do so were Kenny Smith (32), Clyde Drexler (30) and Hakeem Olajuwon (27) of the Houston Rockets in a 140-126 first-round win over the Utah Jazz.

And the Thunder still lost.

lol, fuck them---that shit would be DLC otherwise?

seriously, just a disgrace

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7...e-bobcats-tell-patrick-ewing-not-coaching-mix

Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan told Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing that he didn't make the cut to be the team's coach, Yahoo! Sports reported on Wednesday.

I wonder if MJ wanted to interview him just to deny him one more time

And the Thunder still lost.

Yep. Colin Cowherd had Robert Horry on today. Great interview. Talking about what makes the Spurs special. He was saying how when he played for L.A., there was this sense that players should be honored to wear the Lakers jersey (which I agree with) but that they treat you like a piece of meat. When he joined the Spurs he felt as though he was part of a family, an organization that truly cared for you as a person. Also spoke about Pop and how special he is.

I really wish other organizations looked at the type of ball we saw last night and did whatever they could to copy it. I realize that the Spurs are able to be successful due to the type of players they have, but still.

Gabyskra

Banned
I really wish other organizations looked at the type of ball we saw last night and did whatever they could to copy it. I realize that the Spurs are able to be successful due to the type of players they have, but still.

Yeah, I don't know about that. The FR national team does that, and it's unsuccessful because we don't have a Gino or a Duncan.

Mxrz

Is it wrong in thinking Brooks is the Thunder's weakest link?

Lastnight was an incredible display, just seeing a lot of Spurs Superfans today. Struck me as kind of funny.

Yeah, I don't know about that. The FR national team does that, and it's unsuccessful because we don't have a Gino or a Duncan.

there's some good nba depth on the french team though assuming they all play:

parker
noah
batum
diaw
pietrus
turiaf
beaubois
mahinmi

there's probably some good native french players who i know nothing about too.

Is it wrong in thinking Brooks is the Thunder's weakest link?

Lastnight was an incredible display, just seeing a lot of Spurs Superfans today. Struck me as kind of funny.

White Brown is just one of the problems for the Chunder

Terrible frontcourt
YNB showing up
Durant being passive in the 4th
Offense from only 3 players

White Brown is just one of the problems for the Chunder

Terrible frontcourt
YNB showing up
Durant being passive in the 4th
Offense from only 3 players
hmmmm. Current Miami:

Terrible frontcourt (no Bosh)
Bad Wade had showed up earlier in the playoffs (depends with the knee)
4th quarter LeBron could show up if the game remains close (which is the opposite of frontrunner LeBron)
Offense from only 2.5 players

any disagreements?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So, who's worse off (pre-injury)?

Rose without any players who could create their own shot?
Durant with an offensive creator who hogs the ball and makes terrible decisions.

Dwight Howard regrets his decision to forgo his early termination option on his 12-13 contract, according to sources

Howard seeks a trade before next season and his camp is applying pressure on the Magic to pursue a deal as soon as a new general manager is in place.

Several GM candidates have been creating trade scenarios involving Howard and proposing them to CEO Alex Marins during the interview process.
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ets_Opt_In_Decision_Seeks_Trade#ixzz1wNB2jqr8

haha oh man, this guy.

If the Nets win the lottery to select Anthony Davis, it will not be enough to sign Deron Williams as a free agent, according to sources.

"It's Dwight Howard or bust," said a league source who has spoken to Williams.

Williams doesn't want to wait for Davis to develop and won't re-sign with the team unless they become an instant contender.

The Nets believe they will be able to retain Brook Lopez in a potential trade with the Magic if they win the lottery.

Sources say Howard regrets opting into his contract and seeks a trade before the 12-13 season. But the Nets become a far less appealing destination if Williams leaves and that is why Howard's camp is putting pressure on the Magic to do a deal once a general manager is in place.
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221302/Nets_Must_Acquire_Howard_To_Keep_Williams#ixzz1wNBHv0F4

So, who's worse off (pre-injury)?

Rose without any players who could create their own shot?
Durant with an offensive creator who hogs the ball and makes terrible decisions.

Durant with two big men who don't know how to catch a basketball.

Both players have good supporting casts though and both could improve their games a lot though (Durant's passing is still really really bad)

the Spurs look so unstoppable but right now what I am clinging onto is that Wade, battier, and leBron are a much better perimeter defensive unit than anything OKC can throw out there. and joel anthony while he is worthless mostly he is a far better pick and roll defender than anyone okc has and is a good rim protector against their layups

but they are smart and don't get fazed :(

the Spurs look so unstoppable but right now what I am clinging onto is that Wade, battier, and leBron are a much better perimeter defensive unit than anything OKC can throw out there. and joel anthony while he is worthless mostly he is a far better pick and roll defender than anyone okc has and is a good rim protector against their layups

but they are smart and don't get fazed :(

Don't forget MIA's terrible 3 point defense and Spurs league leading 3 point shooting.

Gabyskra

Banned
Why am I not surprised.

He's good. He should be the starting two guard. I'm pretty sure the starting 5 will be:
Parker
de Colo
Batum
Diaw
Noah

I'm pretty sure he could be a very decent rotation player in the NBA, he's a 1-2 tweener, very unselfish. We can't post up for shit though, and because we don't get enough spacing, Parker can not roam free... Spain is still miles ahead.

Emwitus

Yep. Colin Cowherd had Robert Horry on today. Great interview. Talking about what makes the Spurs special. He was saying how when he played for L.A., there was this sense that players should be honored to wear the Lakers jersey (which I agree with) but that they treat you like a piece of meat. When he joined the Spurs he felt as though he was part of a family, an organization that truly cared for you as a person. Also spoke about Pop and how special he is.

Lamar and pau would definitely agree to this. To be honest, if i was a player i'd rather play with a tony parker,manu, Duncan than a kobe.

Don't forget MIA's terrible 3 point defense and Spurs league leading 3 point shooting.

Their usually terrible 3 point defense hasn't been as terrible lately, but then again that can happen when you play JR Smith and the Indiana Pacers

But with my eyes, the 3 pt defense does look a little better---the problem is that the Spurs will make the extra pass and look for a better shot on far more possessions than anybody we have played so it's really hard to gauge anything until we actually play them

First got to make sure we escape Boston alive

Their usually terrible 3 point defense hasn't been as terrible lately, but then again that can happen when you play JR Smith and the Indiana Pacers

But with my eyes, the 3 pt defense does look a little better---the problem is that the Spurs will make the extra pass and look for a better shot on far more possessions than anybody we have played so it's really hard to gauge anything until we actually play them

First got to make sure we escape Boston alive

Don't worry, the Boston Timberwolves are already dead

exarkun

We really miss Maynor.

Not only because he's a good player, but because Fisher wouldn't be playing at all if he was healthy.

Gondo did you say the Harden-Collison PnR was deadly or at least good or whatever?

Because that is...lol. Collison is so shitty. But Perkins was even worse last game. They need a real center. Not two guys that would barely play 25 mins a night on a normal team.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Oh shit Dy, Quin Snyder interviewing for the HC job with your cats. A Dukie head coach too? Quin is a good coach but he's about as shady as Calipari. I'd love for him to take over for K....provided he didn't get caught again.

Dwight Howard regrets his decision to forgo his early termination option on his 12-13 contract, according to sources

Howard seeks a trade before next season and his camp is applying pressure on the Magic to pursue a deal as soon as a new general manager is in place.

Several GM candidates have been creating trade scenarios involving Howard and proposing them to CEO Alex Marins during the interview process.

smh

KingGondo

Banned
Gondo did you say the Harden-Collison PnR was deadly or at least good or whatever?

Because that is...lol. Collison is so shitty. But Perkins was even worse last game. They need a real center. Not two guys that would barely play 25 mins a night on a normal team.
It's good against every team except the Spurs, who play outstanding PnR defense.

They've done a good job negating what we like to do.

Perkins has a ton of value against teams that try to pound it inside. He's effective against guys like Bynum and Dwight. He just sucks against teams that have great interior passing.

Spurs have made lots of players look foolish/subpar this season.

Cipherr

My god. I know Im late but Im just now watching the OKC Spurs game two that I recorded. Man SA is amazing. Really regret not following their regular season at all. Goddamn.

TRios Zen

We really miss Maynor.

Not only because he's a good player, but because Fisher wouldn't be playing at all if he was healthy.

Fisher played an amazing first game - his 16 points and ridiculous FG% (6 for 7 I think) ensured two things IMO:

1) That the Spurs couldn't run away with the game (game 1), and
2) That fish thought he could duplicate that BS and over-shoot it in Game 2.

Westbrook and Fisher's terrible inefficiency really hurt you guys and without the incredible job the Thunder did rebounding the ball in the first half, it wouldn't have been as close as it was.

The Spurs can be beat, I don't believe they will sweep the Thunder, but they couldn't be beat last night. Even with TD having an off-night: TP and Manu were too efficient scoring wise.

h3ro

J1oVT.png

C3RJAl.gif

The supposed deal that was on the table for Dwight before the all star break was Bropez, Brooks, Okur and 2 or 3 firsts.

With Okur gone what the hell can Brooklyn even offer now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom