• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
Ive said it before and ill keep saying it. This post season has been the most embarrassing display of reffing i have ever seen. i mean its been bad before but SHIT its bad this year. So blatant the teams/players they've been favoring. Im disgusted. Ive never been more down on the NBA in my whole life.

Then why did the Lakers get taken to 7 games by Denver and get ran off the court in 5 vs Oklahoma City?

Vire

I almost feel bad for Rondo. Played 53 fucking minutes with 44 points in a losing effort. That really has to sting. I gotta tip my hat and give credit where credit is due.

Still, very happy we won. Not looking forward to meeting the Spurs though... they look really deadly.

image.php

better luck next year!

I doubt you'll be posting when Miami loses in the Finals........

thekad

Banned
So basically Celtics-Age is no longer allowed to accuse any other fanbase on GAF of ref complaining. This is like 200 nearly uninterrupted posts of controller up the butt crying.

dream and Sanjuro and Tom Penny aren't whining. It's all the other -ages.

so did lebron do one thing all overtime besides out rebound rajon rondo on that tip in?

How people can believe this man has any semblance of a clutch gene is beyond me.

Because he has a higher shooting percentage than you're precious Kome in clutch minutes.

It's not fucking hard to believe, actually, You just deny it because you're a biased fuck.

Draconian

so did lebron do one thing all overtime besides out rebound rajon rondo on that tip in?

How people can believe this man has any semblance of a clutch gene is beyond me.

You forgot that sweet dish to Haslem while Rondo was laying on the other side of the court.

Jordanesque man.

Feep

Banned
While I absolutely agree that the no-call on Rondo was egregious, I really don't think the "kick" on Wade was bad. It seemed from replays that Garnett contacted Wade's arm before Wade's leg contacted Garnett...in the worst case, it was extremely close.

Not that Wade doesn't get away with that most of the time, but if the refs aren't gonna call it, he's gonna keep using it. Same with Garnett's shitty screens.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning

seems to have the same clutch gene as Kobe of late.

Vahagn

Your ability to cherry pick is astounding.

Dude is now 2-14 in the last two seasons in game winning / tying shots in the final 24 seconds.

By definition, if you're calling him anything other than unclutch, you're cherrypicking the 2 makes over the 12 misses, and countless other deferments moments.

Vahagn

Because he has a higher shooting percentage than you're precious Kome in clutch minutes.

It's not fucking hard to believe, actually, You just deny it because you're a biased fuck.

2-14 ain't higher than kobe. and kobe, is past his prime. Sit the fuck down clown. And % doesn't mean shit anyway, he's not even his teams first option. Wade is.

Talon

44 8 and 10. Amazing performance by Rondo. Magic said it, arguably the finest guard performance ever. Absurd numbers. Put the team on his back, but they couldn't box out worth a shit.

jman2050

Dude is now 2-14 in the last two seasons in game winning / tying shots in the final 24 seconds.

By definition, if you're calling him anything other than unclutch, you're cherrypicking the 2 makes over the 12 misses, and countless other deferments moments.

Like I said, cherry picking. The 4th quarter isn't 24 seconds long.

I'm complaining about the refs because they were horrendous. I don't have an agenda to push...in fact I'd say it favors the spurs if the heat win.

That shit was awful. Any self-respecting fan of basketball should be disgusted.

Vahagn

Like I said, cherry picking. The 4th quarter isn't 24 seconds long.

The 4th quarter isn't the definition of clutch. Dude has no clutch gene, sit the fuck down.

He gets nervous in tight situations, he's not impervious to it, he lacks a clutch gene, his shooting numbers and lack of finals success supports it.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Nothing in this series is even 10% as bad as games 3-4 in the Lakers-OKC series where Kobe would get FTs whenever thabo/harden contested a shot.

jman2050

The 4th quarter isn't clutch either. Dude has no clutch gene, sit the fuck down.

Your flailing attempts to apply statistics in a dishonest manner is neither intimidating nor worthy of respect. It's the functional equivalent of a three year old acting out in front of his daycare supervisor.

etiolate

Banned
I like the Spurs, but I'm out. Can't watch this shit over and over.

The NBA needs to realize that basketball is the star, not the players. What Rondo did out there was amazing. The game was enjoyable for a long time. Despite the Lebron narrative resulting in a crapton of FTs, I was intot he game. Who cares now? The game is all about the refs now.

The media will avoid the ref issue, focus on Wade making that layup with the kick. They will focus on Haslem (who deserves it), but the outcome was influenced by a sequence of game turning and deciding calls. That's all people will care about until the media machine rolls it over into Wade heroics.

People brought up the 2003 Kings. By the next season, the NBA was plastering promos with the Horry game 3 shot. That was the third game of a seven game series. That shot only mattered because the refs counted a late halfcourt shot for the Lakers. Yet, because they plastered that three over and over, the remaining story of that series got washed away.

That's how narratives work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom