• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Duncan isn't exactly lighting it up. I'd rather have Timmay try to beat me than Tony Parker.

For the series, sure...but hes ballin' these playoffs.

He'll step up if they play that small lineup. He took a step back in games 1 and 2 because Manu and Tony had mismatches. If all of a sudden the Thunder think Ibaka/Durant for three-quarters of the game is gonna work, hes going to punish them.

I love that picture of Durant/Harden/YNB next to the stats. Durant's face is such a "you wanna fuck these two bitches $100 bucks an hour" face.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Both teams went small, TD was at the 5 (or splitter was).
Yeah but that aint a match up you want for the whole game
Tim Duncan isn't exactly lighting it up. I'd rather have Timmay try to beat me than Tony Parker.

EDIT: OKC needs to do what the Spurs did in the Clippers series where their whole gameplan was to not let Chris Paul beat them.

Timmy aint no scrub.. he might be older but he knows how to take advantage

Justin Timberlake said:
For the series, sure...but hes ballin' these playoffs.

He'll step up if they play that small lineup. He took a step back in games 1 and 2 because Manu and Tony had mismatches. If all of a sudden the Thunder think Ibaka/Durant for three-quarters of the game is gonna work, hes going to punish them.
I fully realize this... but sometimes you have to make a team go to it's 2nd/3rd option and have them have success with it just to show you that. I mean the Spurs have been destroying OKC with its 1st (Parker/Ginobili PnR) and 2nd play (double/triple screens) all series. Sometimes they run a combination of both!

My thing is Duncan is slumping and at the very least make him show that he can be a huge threat.

giri

Yeah but that aint a match up you want for the whole game

It would be a bad matchup. But the Thunder have actually tried it. The spurs responded by putting in diaw. Giving the spurs 2 post threats and great interior passing.

In truth, the thudner were mildly successful because diaw got a bunch of iffy fouls called on him. That was during their 4th quarter rally in game 2.

But when they tried it earlier in game 2, and any time in game 1, TD gave Ibaka a masterclass in the post.

It would be a bad matchup. But the Thunder have actually tried it. The spurs responded by putting in diaw. Giving the spurs 2 post threats and great interior passing.

In truth, the thudner were mildly successful because diaw got a bunch of iffy fouls called on him. That was during their 4th quarter rally in game 2.

But when they tried it earlier in game 2, and any time in game 1, TD gave Ibaka a masterclass in the post.

Yeah, the fact they only have 3 competent offensive wings and not 4 makes their small ball lineup a lot weaker.

Hiding Diaw on Sef/Fisher has proven to be huge. Shit, they're such non-threats that I bet we could get away with Duncan-Splitter if we wanted.

The Thunder really need to get a 4th wing in the offseason.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
get that home shit out of your system now

popbitch is luring them into a trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom