• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harden didn't "instigate" getting elbowed in the fucking head.

Harden probably meant to body up MWP, but *nothing* warrants what MWP did in retaliation.

It's like saying whoever threw that beer at Ron "instigated" the Malice at the Palace.

No. Ron's crazy ass did.

The guy who threw the beer did instigate malice, but bad comparison aside you're right.

Harden was baiting a reaction out of a crazy asshole. It's a good bball strategy that most coaches would applaud if not out right instruct their players to do. What isn't kosher on a ball court is throwing vicious elbows at head level.

Aside from the bolded part, you guys are right. Like I said before, I don't agree with what he did was right. I have a hard time believing that he was just "swinging" his arm. Nobody swings UPWARDS. If he didn't know he was around, he would've hit him in the ribs.

It's kind of a perfect shitstorm I guess. Ron Artest in a full, angry arena in Detroit.

It's reasonable to expect less of both Detroit and Ron.

So are you saying that if you were walking by and someone threw soda at you, you wouldn't have been instigated to a fight?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So now that Timberlake and Jobber have been brought back down to earth, I'm calling Spurs winning games 4 and 5.

My initial prediction was 6, I feel pretty comfortable with that.

Especially with the Thunder winning the way they did.

KingGondo

Banned
So are you saying that if you were walking by and someone threw soda at you, you wouldn't have been instigated to a fight?
Honestly, probably not. Maybe that makes me a pussy, but unless I know the person and have some kind of prior grudge I'm not likely to waste my time.

Fighting is idiotic except in self-defense. Someone throwing a beverage at me doesn't rise to the level of "Imma beat your ass!"

Aside from the bolded part, you guys are right. Like I said before, I don't agree with what he did was right. I have a hard time believing that he was just "swinging" his arm. Nobody swings UPWARDS. If he didn't know he was around, he would've hit him in the ribs.

I wouldn't have a fight and I don't think most normal people would. There's a reason MWP thanked his psychiatrist after the 20120 Finals.

I wouldn't be surprised if it went to 6, but I still say Spurs will take them in 5.

How did we end up making Ron Ron amd Detroit a topic of conversation?

Obviously an elbow to the face means it was all started from Detroit.

(Please don't take the last statement seriously)

I can see it going 6 but I just feel that with how the Spurs were embarrassed last night they will come back with a vengeance in game 4 which will catapult them to a game 5 victory at home.

DY_nasty

I wouldn't be surprised if it went to 6, but I still say Spurs will take them in 5.
Length on the perimeter is something that can be negated almost entirely by better execution on offense. The Thunder are busting ass and running all over the court (and Brooks deserves more props because OKC isn't overdoing it like that anymore) but anyone can see that the Spurs have become too used to having teams in constant scramble mode - they're not taking that extra step necessary to ensure that those passes have the right angle or enough berth to get where they need to be in rhythm.

The Spurs will most likely adjust by not taking the easy way out (ie not force feeding Duncan) and putting out more bigs to give OKC guards even more shit to deal with at the top of the key as well as stop that offensive rebounding.

Game 4 should be good, but the only thing that it is going to determine is if the series goes 5 or 6.

Honestly, probably not. Maybe that makes me a pussy, but unless I know the person and have some kind of prior grudge I'm not likely to waste my time.

Fighting is idiotic except in self-defense. Someone throwing a beverage at me doesn't rise to the level of "Imma beat your ass!"

see but even if you said "yeah, i'd have thrown down!" i have no issue with that because you are a regular person just walking down the street. you aren't a professional athlete fighting your fans.

was it right for some guy to throw a beer on artest or whoever? of course not. but you don't turn into some fucking animal in front of 15,000 people who paid to come watch you play. you are a professional athlete and you need to keep your cool even when someone else is in the wrong

Even if you wouldn't fight, the person is still instigating you. Someone trash talking you on a ball court, not so much.

It was just not a very good comparison.

KingGondo

Banned
I can see it going 6 but I just feel that with how the Spurs were embarrassed last night they will come back with a vengeance in game 4 which will catapult them to a game 5 victory at home.
I think OKC figured out how they have to play the Spurs to win. Even if they don't force that number of TOs, the key is obviously going small and putting Sefolosha on Parker. And sitting Fish's ass on the bench. If you can limit the damage that TP and Ginobili inflict, you have a chance to beat them.

Defensive energy is a huge key, and the noise of the arena really helps with that. Also, the fact that SA's young roleplayers seemed affected by the crowd should help the odds of a game 4 win.

Lots of things have to go right, but I like OKC's chances in game 4. The only times the Thunder have been completely outplayed were the 4th quarter of game 1 and the third quarter of game 2.

SimCity 5 looking good. First in game shots.

20126110856_1-1024x576.jpg

20126110856_3-1024x576.jpg

XenoRaven

The real bad guy here is obviously Jermaine, since he got a running start and punched a man in the face who was on his knees being detained by security.

see but even if you said "yeah, i'd have thrown down!" i have no issue with that because you are a regular person just walking down the street. you aren't a professional athlete fighting your fans.

was it right for some guy to throw a beer on artest or whoever? of course not. but you don't turn into some fucking animal in front of 15,000 people who paid to come watch you play. you are a professional athlete and you need to keep your cool even when someone else is in the wrong

And that's the thing. The guy INSTIGATED the fight. Yeah, he shouldn't have been a dumbass, punched the wrong guy and started the worst brawl in NBA history, but the guy who threw the drink was definitely instigating him.

If someone shoves you and starts yelling at you, you can still walk away. You'll DEFINITELY be the bigger person. But don't tell me the guy who shoved you was not instigating you to fight.

The real bad guy here is obviously Jermaine, since he got a running start and punched a man in the face who was on his knees being detained by security.

That punch was so dirty.

Ron Ron, Jermaine O'Neal, etc. were fucking dumbasses for punching fans. Shit if I was at work and I punched out a patient even of he/she instigated it I would be fired on the spot

Ron Ron, Jermaine O'Neal, etc. were fucking dumbasses for punching fans. Shit if I was at work and I punched out a patient even of he/she instigated it I would be fired on the spot

You are nothing like an NBA star, stop.

Comparing your job to ball players almost always ends up silly.

Either way, the discussion was about whether or not it was instigating not if Ron was wrong or right. Plus both parties can be wrong, it's not an either or situation.

Wait, we're still talking about the soda being thrown is instigating a fight, right? Not that MWP is a headcase and makes bad decisions.

I don't think anyone is arguing that MWP has problems.

edit: Moris, we're like on the same page, man.

exarkun

Are you for real? I know both of us work in a field where adults fighting could mean potential business, but still man, have a little pride. If a grown ass man throws some kind of liquid at you and it hits you there has to at least be an apology on his end.

Doesn't have to come to blows but jesus don't let him walk all over you.

Ron didn't play no shit. Fuck that douchie guy in the crowd

XenoRaven

No it makes you an adult.

Way off topic:

What the hell is up with people (girls in particular) who develop such condescending attitudes after they push out a kid?

A girl I knew in highschool acted like she had earned a degree after fucking up and having a kid senior year. "You don't understand, you're not a mom." "I feel like having him matured me" "I feel like I gained priceless insight". I'm positive having a child is an insane surreal experience, especially on the mother's end of things but please. This is a science class, pushing out a human doesn't get you extra credit. The experience was most likely incredibly intense, but she was still one of the stupidest people I had ever met. I say this as she sits at her parents house now in her early twenties with no ambition outside of helping her mom raise her kid.

This is brought up only because of a girl I know who recently had a kid is trying to give vague advice to everyone on facebook. "You have to develope a life plan if you want happiness. If you accept what people give you'll end up with very little, demand what you're worth". Whatever asshole, you didn't even graduate from highschool, you're unemployeed and living at your baby daddy's parent's house and complain all day about how tough you have it. Go ead.

Are you for real? I know both of us work in a field where adults fighting could mean potential business, but still man, have a little pride. If a grown ass man throws some kind of liquid at you and it hits you there has to at least be an apology on his end.

Ron didn't play no shit. Fuck that douchie guy in the crowd

Why do this? I am with Gondo on this. If random drunk guys throws soda at me on street. I just shake my head about how much of a dumbass he is and keep it moving.

Guess I am too old, but unless he is right in my face about to cause me immediate harm, I see no need to take it further. Doesn't seem worth it, over pride over somebody you don't even know.

Anyone got a link on Lil Wayne being denied last night getting tickets?

Just heard it on SVP show.. He asking for front row and was denied... Crazy

KingGondo

Banned

In this hypothetical situation, why do I give a shit about what some random person does to me? Sure it's embarrassing, but forcing that asshole to make an apology or escalating the situation to physical violence doesn't solve anything.

I don't believe in that macho bullshit.

Nobody I know would think any less of me if I just walked away, which is the correct response to senseless provocation.

DY_nasty

Hit me with a beer and I'm probably gonna fight you at some point.

That's just me though.

Srsly

Banned
In this hypothetical situation, why do I give a shit about what some random person does to me? Sure it's embarrassing, but forcing that asshole to make an apology or escalating the situation to physical violence doesn't solve anything.

I don't believe in that macho bullshit.

Nobody I know would think any less of me if I just walked away, which is the correct response to senseless provocation.

No, the correct response is to show someone that they can't get away with that without repercussions (i.e. a fist in their fucking face).

DY_nasty

If the Spurs advance, it'll be in 5 or 7. I don't see OKC losing a deciding game on their home court.

I do.

I don't think its a matter of them giving up or losing the mental edge when the game gets tough, but if the Spurs are on, it simply won't matter.

My reaction would depend on the likelihood of police showing up. I'm a laidback nonviolent type, and I'm no macho tough guy nor am I intimidating looking. I'm not going to potentially get my ass kicked AND get arrested.

If you threw something at me on national tv in front of a few thousand with security and police nearby....I'm not stupid enough to escalate that.

But I'll take my chances if the circumstances were right.

KingGondo

Banned
No, the correct response is to show someone that they can't get away with that without repercussions (i.e. a fist in their fucking face).
Again, why do I care about what this person would think? Anyone who would do such a senseless thing is obviously not worth my time.

DY_nasty

My reaction would depend on the likelihood of police showing up. I'm a laidback nonviolent type, and I'm no macho tough guy nor am I intimidating looking. I'm not going to potentially get my ass kicked AND get arrested.

If you threw something at me on national tv in front of a few thousand with security and police nearby....I'm not stupid enough to escalate that.

But I'll take my chances if the circumstances were right.
That's the only thing effected by probably.
Again, why do I care about what this person would think? Anyone who would do such a senseless thing is obviously not worth my time.

You can walk back to your seats covered in beer then.

Looking like a boss.

A random person though? You will probably never see them again.

If a co-worker threw a beer at me, then I I think I would need to show there are repercussions, because you have interactions with this person.

idk, I wouldn't. Of course I don't shed a tear for that guy if you punch him, haha.

DY_nasty

Edit: ^^That was why "probably" was in my first post on the subject. Also, its not like "meet my outside" is just something people say for lulz.

Also, I don't understand the acceptance of blatant disrespect. Whether its me, my house, my family, etc.
I have to ask, would you Martin Luther Gandhi jr dudes walk away if a stranger were to throw a beer on your girlfriend/wife?

Be strong, honey!

If beer is thrown at my GF, I would say/do something. That's different though.

That's a different situation entirely. Defending your spouse against assaults is reasonable, even if that means a physical confrontation.

Nope. That's different. I mostly don't care what people do to me. I care a lot what they do to my girlfriend.

Alright, NBAgaf is back on track.

Be strong, honey!

What happened to that independent woman shit you were spouting off about back at the house? Why you have to involve me?

Anyway, NBA2K13 gameplay footage and dev interview Monday 10 eastern on Spike, GET MODERATELY INTERESTED!

DY_nasty

What happened to that independent woman shit you were spouting off about back at the house? Why you have to involve me?
This ex of mine is still mad about shit from 3 years ago where I wouldn't "fight for her" when she instigated a fight with a bouncer.

"u do u, boo. i'm doin meeeeeeeeee"

What if I totally hate 2K12?
I get the feeling reviewers don't play it enough to point out the horrendous bugs, the glitchfilled create-a-player and taped together online mode. It's hardly pointed out and it's been consistently broken for years, it's to the point where I can't trust reviews and have to wait for guys in here to whine or for the 2k boards to riot.

This ex of mine is still mad about shit from 3 years ago where I wouldn't "fight for her" when she instigated a fight with a bouncer.

"u do u, boo. i'm doin meeeeeeeeee"

this is how it plays out in my head

Ms. Dy: Nah uh, Dy come fuck this ninja up
Dy:......
Ms. Dy: what are you doin'?
Dy: what am I doin'? what am I doin'? Oh that's right I'm doin' me, I'm doin' meeeee -fades into a cloud of mist-
Dy from beyond the mist: I'm living life right now and that's what I'm gonna do til it's over....but it's far from over......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom