• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Proposed deal will send Gortat, Shannon Brown and Kendall Marshall to Wizards and Suns on course to receive Emeka Okafor & at least one pick

Why would the Wizards do that? Unless they play to flip Gortat later.

Okafor is out for most of the season and their bigs other than Nene (who will miss 15-30 games again this year) are Seraphin, Booker, and Vesely.

Good trade for the Wizards, Suns don't give a fuck which is probably the right move even if it means Alex Len playing until he fouls out (since that will lead to Randle probably)

Forever

Banned
Confirmed, D-Will making his debut tonight. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch live.

Wait, did the Wiz just trade their 2014 1st? Playoffs or bust I guess.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I like Spo a lot. Main thing I like is you never get the feeling that he didn't give a guy a fair shot. It's my number one grip with coaches. I've seen Spo give end of the bench guys more run than tanking teams. I feel like he outcoached Pop last year and that was the difference. Pop didn't trust his guys. He didn't give T-Mac or Blair any run, showed preferential treatment to Manu despite team destroying play, etc.

Spo made good moves during the finals but Pop pretty stayed course towards the iceberg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seems like a good trade for both sides.

Suns will get a decent draft pick and the Wizards are desperate to try to gain some respectability. Seems like a smart play for the long haul, hard to get actual marquee free agents to sign with you if you suck - which was going to be the case playing the stiffs they had in the rotation.

Gortat to the Wizards is a good move. He is gonna be way better than the corpse of Emeka

lol remember when there was a okafor vs howard debate, and that okafor was the safe pick? lulz

Forever

Banned
We got shoutouts from the commander in chief.

President Obama visited a Brooklyn high school Friday, shouted out, "Hello Brooklyn," and took a few seconds to take note of the Nets off-season moves, endorsing the Nets acquisition of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett by saying "old people can still play."

"When I was living here, Brooklyn was cool, but not this cool." added the President, who lived in the borough while a student at Columbia. "Barclays Center hadn't been built yet," Obama said, adding that Pierce and Garnett were now playing for the Nets. "That's a lesson to young people that old people can still play, still got some gas in the tank."

pilonv1

Suns v Sixers could be some epic shameball

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 27m

Pick protections for 2014 first-rounder Wiz are sending to Phoenix: top 12 next year, top 10 from 2015-19, then none.

Wiz could be a playoff team so it's not likely to be a high pick

giri

Get rid of gortat, manage to give Len all that time at the 5 that he wants and to develop? and acquire a first and an expiring?

Suns are setting themselves up to have so much cap space the next few seasons, and more and more picks.

I'd like to know the full details on the pick though, like how protected it is in 2015 etc.

McDonough seems to be doing a pretty solid job on this rebuild working with what he had.

I'd be sad to see Dragic go, but there seems to be more weight to him being traded. Which, IMO, is the wrong player to trade, I'd rather have seen Bledsoe traded as I don't think he's as skilled as Dragic.

I wonder what the Jazz would give up for Dragic though. They need a good point, and he can also shoot really well from 3 giving them some spacing...

Also, it gives the suns 4 first round picks this year

Their own
Minnesota: top 13 protected
Indiana: top 14 protected
Wizzards: top 12 protected.

And then 2015 they have
Own
lakers: top 5 protected.

Austin Rivers was picked 2 picks ahead of him.

Ugh.

that 2012 draft is bad.

It had a ton of guys who showed immediately that they had no chance in the NBA, but the top of that draft is great if Drummond and Henson develop good defensive awareness. There's already Davis and Beal showing incredible potential.

giri

It had a ton of guys who showed immediately that they had no chance in the NBA, but the top of that draft is great if Drummond and Henson develop good defensive awareness. There's already Davis and Beal showing incredible potential.

I don't think drummon and Henson will be that good personally.

Davis and beal are though, yeah. and MKG and Lillard are good, and so is barnes. But i think everyone after Barnes will be fairly bad.

Good trade.

We're a swim or sink type team. Never been the type to be in the dead zone between lottery and the 8th seed, so we're either making the playoffs or likely getting our pick back. It's a gamble that i think pays off. This is the type of year where you can go up a few spots in the draft just by losing one or two games, so if we're sitting around that 14th pick range towards the end of the season, it won't take much to tank one or two games to keep the pick.

Pkaz01

i dont mind this trade when I saw that the wizards center got injured I knew McD would be on the phone.

Pretty much the best I could hope for we got rid of brown, marshall, and had to give up gortat but we get picks back so im satisfied. Great tank move too.

I think they'll need his salary on the books to make minimum, and just let him expire naturally. Could happen though, depends on whether or not the suns have minimum number of players too.

It could happen or they might try and fix him up and get some value. Our medical staff needed a injured vet to work on this season so its even better when you put that into account.

Hide your wife hide your kids cause McD is taking everyones 2014 picks.

thekad

Banned
Good trade for both sides if Phoenix can get that pick this year.

Also, Pop, Thibs, Carlisle, and Adelman are the best coaches in the league. Everyone else is a level or more below.

Top Bottom