• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
True but there's ways to let the coach know you won't pout if you're benched strategically for a few minutes. The day I was through with Dwight is when we lost to the Pacers by 2 with 20 misses fts. Fuck that shit

Even PJ didnt sit Shaq most times

First, that shit is insulting and terrible to say about a human.

Second, you have JR on your team. Can't say nuthin.
JR isn't remotely close to Javale's stupidity. And if you Google Javale McGee animal dumb, you'll see it's been said tons of times.

or you can visit this thread.
You just described Tyson's O perfectly..just he doesnt get as many touches
Tyson does have a running hook, one back-to-the-basket move and a short jumper. He doesn't do any of them because to him it's not the highest percentage shot and he knows his game is dunking and defense (a.k.a Chandler Theory). Once in awhile if he has a massive mismatch he'll post up just to keep the opposing team from ignoring him.

This is a fair point but Dwight does not seem to know or care about his own limitations. A smarter player would have recognized that we just aren't good when the offense is run through him and focused on defense. A smarter player wouldn't have let a scared ass coach leave him in games during hackashaq costing us crucial wins (7 by my count). We could use those 7 wins right now....

That is my biggest issue with Dwight. He does not have an honest assessment of his own game. That is scary and destructive to LA's future if they give him the max

I like how Dwight's mental approach to the game is a huge issue for you yet everybody on the Lakers except for Nash and a few scrubs has been all about bitching for playing time and where they fit in the offense

Dwight isn't guilt-free but the way you are scapegoating him is beautiful. let me put it this way. when the Heat got together it was a cultural thing and a thing from the stars, "Our offense will figure itself out, but our defense has to be at a championship level for us to win". same thing with Boston too when they got together

The moment Dwight got there, we had power trips within the organization and a bunch of players talking a ton about touches. It's been a giant ass dysfunction from day one. I guess we're going to forget that it took half a season for Kobe to realize "oh maybe I should pass more" (Which didn't last long) or "hmm maybe I shouldn't just let my guy blow by me and rely on who's behind me"

Blackace

He rarely let Shaq cost us games though. You just can't give away games to avoid hurt feelings.

And that is D12's fault? PJ subbed Shaq in and out late in 4th quarters, SVG made it work as well. But Mike D can't and you say D12 is at fault? Ok...

He rarely let Shaq cost us games though. You just can't give away games to avoid hurt feelings.

Except that if you bench a guy just because you think he'll miss tons of FT, then in a crucial game if he happens to get fouled and has to hit one, I'm sure the thought of "hmm my coach benched me all year cause I can't hit these" is going to be really helpful

Cloudy

Banned
I like how Dwight's mental approach to the game is a huge issue for you yet everybody on the Lakers except for Nash and a few scrubs has been all about bitching for playing time and where they fit in the offense

Only Dwight, Pau and Jamison have bitched. Artest has been benched with no complaining and Nash has had the ball taken out of his hands with no whining. The former 3 guys werent doing an honest assessment of their games while the latter 2 realized their current limitations

Cloudy

Banned
And that is D12's fault? PJ subbed Shaq in and out late in 4th quarters, SVG made it work as well. But Mike D can't and you say D12 is at fault? Ok...

I said MDA is partly to blame but he's a new coach and Dwight is a FA, I can't blame him that much. Dwight has to make it easier on him especially when he is single-handedly losing us games at the end

Blackace

Only Dwight, Pau and Jamison have bitched. Artest has been benched with no complaining and Nash has had the ball taken out of his hands with no whining. The former 3 guys werent doing an honest assessment of their games while the latter 2 realized their current limitations

Pau has been totally mishandled..

The whole Dwight/Kobe thing too has been mismanaged.

Blackace

I said MDA is partly to blame but he's a new coach and Dwight is a FA, I can't blame him that much. Dwight has to make it easier on him especially when he is single-handedly losing us games at the end

Kobe wouldn't sit with his hand was about to fall off..

And it is 100% the coaches fault. If they were winning games no one on the team would really complain since they are losing everyone starts complaining

Cloudy

Banned
Except that if you bench a guy just because you think he'll miss tons of FT, then in a crucial game if he happens to get fouled and has to hit one, I'm sure the thought of "hmm my coach benched me all year cause I can't hit these" is going to be really helpful

I don't care. Take the sure win and worry about the hypothetical future later. We are gonna miss the playoffs by less than 7 games and it's going to hurt lol

Ps: on my phone. Sorry for all the separate posts lol

charsace

Tyson has post moves, he just isn't dumb enough to think he should use them as his main form of scoring. And he can hit a jumper, he's just average at it for a big so he doesn't look to take it a whole lot.

Only Dwight, Pau and Jamison have bitched.

Wow

You are just amazing

Are we just going to pretend that Kobe has kept quiet too? He doesn't need to bitch about PT or touches because he pretty much runs the team, so he bitches about everything else. And look what it's done for you guys. Yet it's everyone else's fault!

Artest has been benched with no complaining and Nash has had the ball taken out of his hands with no whining. The former 3 guys werent doing an honest assessment of their games while the latter 2 realized their current limitations

Being Ron Artest is a little different. He isn't the guy you brought over as your franchise guy, the future of the team, etc. He is on a mid level and he knows he is a role player

Nash doesn't complain because it's Kobe who always asks for the ball. And the point guard is just trying to make others happy.

I don't care. Take the sure win and worry about the hypothetical future later. We are gonna miss the playoffs by less than 7 games and it's going to hurt lol

Ps: on my phone. Sorry for all the separate posts lol

Except that your pathetic ass superteam shouldn't ever have been in this position, and going to the playoffs means you get your shit pushed in by OKC or San Antonio in round 1 anyways

Westlo

I'll like to see the Lakers get the 8th seed, stun OKC in the first game.. and OKC win the next 4 in 20 point blowouts.

PBY

Banned
I just hate attributing characteristics like "mentally weak" and "soft" to players when they are essentially projections we create largely based on their play + media image, without any real basis for it.

For a more balanced view, consider this. Since 2003, when James entered the league, Bryant has taken 525 more shots than James … and scored 86 fewer points than him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook?page=dailydimelive

mmm

"The thing for [James] is his size and strength," Bryant said. "He's able to get to the basket, get to the rim and at his size, still has great leaping ability and is able to finish over the top of bigs and get to the paint."

Konex=Kobe

"Do I buy that he's a facilitator now? No," James said of Bryant. "He's told everyone he's a scorer. He's said, 'That's all I do.' He gets 40-some assists over four games [the media] buys he's a facilitator. I don't buy it, though."

James said it with a smile but also without a hint of sarcasm. Meanwhile, the quickest way to offend James, at least in a basketball sense, is to brand him a scorer.

"I don't know if I want to comment on the Lakers saga again," James said. "Last time I made a comment [comparing the Lakers struggles to the Heat's in 2010] Kobe asked if I wanted a cookie. So I'm going to leave that alone. I like cookies, by the way."

lol

Shadow780

LBJ played against the joke of conference that is the LEAST to inflate his stats while Kobe battled with the best teams of last decade.

ISOM

LeBron wasted the first 8 years of his career playing with broken Big-Z, Wally Scissorbiak, and Mo Williams as his best teammates

Kobe played with a Top 5 center of all-time

So? Kobe wasted fucking prime with kwame brown, luke walton, and smush parker. That is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worst than anything lebron had to deal with.

LeBron's posted a PER of 30 four times now and values things like defense and efficiency which is why he was able to bring trash to 66 wins

Kobe is a dumb chucker who's had the luckiest career in NBA history and is going to miss the playoffs with Dwight Howard, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol as his teammates

Ask Mitch and Jim that.

lol comparing Dwight to Gordon. Even in down, injury riddled year Dwight is averaging 17/12 and playing nearly every night. Gordon's worn a suit more than an nba uniform the last few years. I'd have apprehensions about giving Dwight the max, but giving Gordon a max extension was just plain stupid.

Nori Chan

LeBron's posted a PER of 30 four times now and values things like defense and efficiency which is why he was able to bring trash to 66 wins

Kobe is a dumb chucker who's had the luckiest career in NBA history and is going to miss the playoffs with Dwight Howard, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol as his teammates
so who cares that they have all been injured

ah bummer. the miami game should be fun to hear though.

magic says chris paul vs raymond felton is the most important match up to look forward to. if the last game is any indication, cp3 is going to have a field day with raymond struggling to even keep up with him. but i also dont know how healthy he is

cee lo green is really annoying to look at

ah bummer. the miami game should be fun to hear though.

magic says chris paul vs raymond felton is the most important match up to look forward to. if the last game is any indication, cp3 is going to have a field day with raymond struggling to even keep up with him. but i also dont know how healthy he is
CP3 might still be on a 20min restriction.

Top Bottom