• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Yeah.... incredibly fat people in compression clothing. This can ONLY end well.

I actually doubt they continue to sell as many jerseys if they go down this path. It will mainly be shirts with the same design. (i.e. not the same material as jerseys but rather cotton shirts).

I hardly see how thats the individual buyers fault. The NBA jerseys sold at retail should be a lot more... real world... than they are. i.e. most people who buy them aren't going to be 6'6 or taller.

The problem is that people buy jerseys to wear them.

Vahagn

Fox318

Not sure if posted yet, but the disappointed Prince Fan got courtside tickets and got to meet his idol.
Full story:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/feb/10/tayshaun-prince-fan-lives-his-dream-at-grizzlies/

appcrop0210_MASP_cory_tashaun_t607.jpg

Good ending

Having a sleeve interrupts the rythm of my shot at times

A bit of resistance is good. Pretty sure most people who like wearing sweatbands on their elbows do it because resistance gives you some sort of feedback about your motion. I know I did, on my weak arm, for dribbling.

That's something I've been thinking about as well. I have a pretty consistent motion with my dominant hand but the imperfection from dribbling or shooting comes from the other. I think maybe a sleeve or something on my off arm could give me more feedback.

Showing up to pick up games in a sleeve seems so corny though..

That's something I've been thinking about as well. I have a pretty consistent motion with my dominant hand but the imperfection from dribbling or shooting comes from the other. I think maybe a sleeve or something on my off arm could give me more feedback.

Showing up to pick up games in a sleeve seems so corny though..
Who doesn't want to be the guy on the court with a head band + double shooting sleeves?

Canuck76

Banned
WHenever I play ball I prefer a jersey or a sleeveless T. If I'm in a t shirt I role up at least my shooting arm sleeve. Having a sleeve interrupts the rythm of my shot at times - especially once there's a little sweat.

So I dunno about those new jerseys - might work well though..

I always thought the sleeveless design was for function though - arms are much freer

I always shoot in a t-shirt and almost never notice it. Though if i were playing in the NBA i'd probably just want to roll in a jersey and have arms with total free range of motion.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
hoopsworld said:
The Pistons have been linked to Hawks forward Josh Smith and Bobcats shooting guard Gerald Henderson; both are expected to be offseason targets of the Pistons, especially with so much cap space to play with.

the dumb get dumber

Vahagn

I always shoot in a t-shirt and almost never notice it. Though if i were playing in the NBA i'd probably just want to roll in a jersey and have arms with total free range of motion.

Yea it doesn't bother me so much when I'm just shooting jumpers but once the sweat kicks in sometimes it stickes to my body and interrupts the motion. Not at the elbows but around the shoulder.

I wear an arm sleeve on my shooting hand at times when I play early in the morning and it's cold as a personal preference, but don't feel much difference without it otherwise.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Wow at people taking my post even moderately seriously.

This thread basically runs on "insert absurd comment here confirmed" as it's running meme:

eg "CP3 was spotted in Harlem. CP3 to the Rucker Park All Stars confirmed"

What, I can't make fun of my own woefully bad team from time to time?

Most my posts are about player analysis. I rarely post statements about my own team unless it's in context of a player by player discussion. I am, and always have been far more fascinated with discussing individual players legacies and greatness than making homerish posts about my team.

In fact. My top 3 most common posts are always about 1) Individual players 2) Coaches and philosophies 3) Strengths and weaknesses as I perceive them regarding the modern statistical revolution.

You have me confused with heavy.

please... take it as a hint

Yeah.... incredibly fat people in compression clothing. This can ONLY end well.

I actually doubt they continue to sell as many jerseys if they go down this path. It will mainly be shirts with the same design. (i.e. not the same material as jerseys but rather cotton shirts).

I hardly see how thats the individual buyers fault. The NBA jerseys sold at retail should be a lot more... real world... than they are. i.e. most people who buy them aren't going to be 6'6 or taller.

Like all jerseys, the retail versions will probably be a cheaper material that might be looser fitting. They look to me like soccer shirts.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yea it doesn't bother me so much when I'm just shooting jumpers but once the sweat kicks in sometimes it stickes to my body and interrupts the motion. Not at the elbows but around the shoulder.

I wear an arm sleeve on my shooting hand at times when I play early in the morning and it's cold as a personal preference, but don't feel much difference without it otherwise.

I used to be able to wear a tshirt shooting jumpers growing up and I'm usually ok now with a big baggy underarmour-like shirt. But I'm a bigger guy now and once the shirt gets sweaty I'm not moving east at all. So now Im way more comfortable with something sleeveless. I wear the sleeveless compression shirt underneath to keep me warm and that's keeps me comfortable.
Shooting sleeves weren't around in my day but I think I would have liked them. I used to have some pretty long shooting sessions and my elbow would be sore after. Have read that those sleeves help with that.

giri

Like all jerseys, the retail versions will probably be a cheaper material that might be looser fitting. They look to me like soccer shirts.

It's a lot more similar to the 20Twenty Cricket Uni's that Adidas had the Australian cricketers wear about 5 - 6 years ago.

only people who dont play sports

Yeah, lets forget the plethora of apologies by guys like Kobe last year over shit they said in game, just because it got picked up by a microphone.

I don't disagree, but glossing over it is a double standard of stupidity.

Might be common to say smack when grabbing a board or blocking someone in game, but "Gimme dat shit" and "N****" are totally different imho..

That's tame.

KG literally talked about how dude's wives have tasted, poked fun at cancer patients and people's dead moms.

If you could mic up KG without him knowing you'd probably blush.

Jeff-DSA

I'm a suburban white guy. My trash talk is legendary. I spout out such torchers as:

- You are probably going to miss that shot if you shoot over me.
- I got that rebound, not you!
- I've made a few straight, I question whether or not you can properly guard me.
- You would be advised not to bring that in here, here being my house.

Ether all over the court.

Edit: Sometimes I don't even say good game if I feel that they didn't properly bring it and challenge me.

Cipherr

Did that guy really write 1300 words about a single screwed up play?

I think it was indicative of a long running problem. A rift thusfar between Howard and everyone else.

Everyone that points to how good a teammate Nash is, and how many scrubs he manages to make look good, all have a really good point. But its not just Howard, I watched that fast break play with Lebron and Cole versus Nash like 11 times in disbelief. Nash was the only one to pursue into and past the 3 point line. Hell only one other Laker bothered to jog across half court! the other three just chilled at the other basket moping around waiting for a time out.

Fuck man, seriously what the hell.

[/img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BC20suyCYAA_YCS.jpg:large[/img]

WTF is this. Two different tones of yellow? SMH

Wow.... why wouldnt they match the colors!? That looks ridiculous.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
It wouldnt have been so bad if the shorts matched the color. It looks like they put on a pair of old Pacers shorts

Talon

Nike gets all the best designers and then forces them to create ugly shit for the sake of "innovation."

Adidas (which owns Reebok) gets the second class designers and then forces them to create an imitation of Nike's shit with their own touch, resulting in this monstrosity.
images

Under Armour gets the bottom of the barrel and imitates the other two, leading to this:
mdflagunis3.png

God save us all.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Never talked much trash, I did enjoy schooling fools who did

Top Bottom