• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Spurs L Wednesday doesn't hurt as much now

thx Denver The Last Dinosaur

PBY

Banned
You gotta make the Finals to use that.

When was the last time both #1 seeds made the NBA finals?

THINK
Well I think itll be the Thunder, so yeah. Those stats are meaningless tho- just because it's "rare" doesn't mean it has any statistical bearing on whether it will play out again this year.

The beauty of having Harden is that if Durant OR Westbrook were having a bad game he could pick up the slack. Who has the ability to do that now? Most of the players on that team are relegated to very, very specific tasks.

the Fthunder's strategy when the game is on the line is Durant isos. cant Brooks come up with something more creative? reminds me of Del Negro hoping for the best with CP when he needs a crucial bucket.
I mean, you want it in the hands of your best player, but just a straight up iso?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Well I think itll be the Thunder, so yeah. Those stats are meaningless tho- just because it's "rare" doesn't mean it has any statistical bearing on whether it will play out again this year.

If the Heat and Spurs end up with a tie record and the Spurs beat the Heat in SA, it goes to a secret coin flip. This happened a couple of seasons back with the Bulls and Spurs.

OKC isn't the same team from last season. Harden was more important than people realize.

we need konex's stump of approval? Are you willing to take that risk?

betting that the Heat won't make the Finals?

They gotta go through the Knicks and maybe a Bulls team with a rested Rose.

fertygo

the Fthunder's strategy when the game is on the line is Durant isos. cant Brooks come up with something more creative? reminds me of Del Negro hoping for the best with CP.
I mean, you want it in the hands of your best player, but just a straight up iso?

Seriously, at the very least can they try to get mismatch with cross-mix?
They doing that occasionally and its effective, but somehow that's not their go-to play.

This team frustrating me.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
UNC Point Guard Ty Lawson puttin in work

blackace bathing in salt

Howard has always looked old as fuck tho.

juwan-howard.jpg

Edit: this is better

juwan-howard-old.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I must be out of it... Aaron Brooks is gonna be a Rocket again lol smh

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
He's still terrible too.

I'll choose to remember only the good times from him, Lakers would have lost this series if Yao's foot hadn't of died in the Blazers series before :( Rockets took the Fakers 7 games with Brooks being the star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6VN3mrlam0

Last time we were in the playoffs (weeps)

Really worried he could take mins away from our solid rookie backup pg Beverley, the only guy besides Asik and Parsons who plays D and he can score too. This has to be injury insurance :\

Forever a Laker, Scott said it pains him to accept that the Clippers are now the kings of basketball in Los Angeles. "It hurts me to see the purple and gold where it is right now," Scott said.

... :3

Vahagn

I'll choose to remember only the good times from him, Lakers would have lost this series if Yao's foot hadn't of died in the Blazers series before :( Rockets took the Fakers 7 games with Brooks being the star

Really worried he could take mins away from our solid rookie backup pg Beverley, the only guy besides Asik and Parsons who plays D and he can score too. This has to be injury insurance :\

Yea, no the Lakers wouldn't have lost that series. They honestly just didn't care. Perfect case of a superior team playing way down to their opponent because that's just in their blood. Lakers have always been a franchise that has done that, and that season and that series was no different.

Pkaz01

Saw it coming from the beginning Thunder might not miss harden in the regular season when they are blowing crappy teams out but when it comes down to those close games in the playoffs they are going to miss his play making. Too much reliance on YNB is going to be the end of that team.

They wouldn't have even gotten past the spurs last year if Harden didn't go god mode

Vahagn

Also, I'm mentioning this just because I doubt most people here actually realize this...

Kobe can't grip the ball with his right hand. He hasn't been able to for about 3 years now

Matrix

Yea, no the Lakers wouldn't have lost that series. They honestly just didn't care. Perfect case of a superior team playing way down to their opponent because that's just in their blood. Lakers have always been a franchise that has done that, and that season and that series was no different.

LOL smh Laker fans... whatever you say.

Oh well those days are long gone, now they just suck :)

Vahagn

LOL smh Laker fans... whatever you say.

Oh well those days are long gone, now they just suck :)

That LA team demolished everyone in the regular season. That was their best year in the 2008-2010 stretch of 3 finals appearances. Yea they could have fucked around and got an L, but every Laker win against the Rockets was a massacre. LA was the much more talented team, so sure Rockets had a chance but it probably wasn't going to happen.

They do, it's sad. But, LA is coming for that 8th seed. They're only two losses behind Houston and the final game is in LA against Houston. So basically if Houston loses one more game than LA all season, and LA wins the final game. They probably get the tie breaker too

fertygo

Saw it coming from the beginning Thunder might not miss harden in the regular season when they are blowing crappy teams out but when it comes down to those close games in the playoffs they are going to miss his play making. Too much reliance on YNB is going to be the end of that team.

They wouldn't have even gotten past the spurs last year if Harden didn't go god mode

People should stop saying this, 15 PPG in 4 win are god mode.. smh.

I got it they gonna lose against Clips or Nuggets.

Actually, Yao wrecked his foot in the Lakers series. They were down 2-1 already. And the 2 non-Yao wins by the Lakers were huge blowouts (one by 40). Lakers were always winning that series. They probably win in 5 if Yao didn't get hurt but they fucked around after that knowing they could win at any time (blowing out games 5 and 7 with ease).

Matrix

They do, it's sad. But, LA is coming for that 8th seed. They're only two losses behind Houston and the final game is in LA against Houston. So basically if Houston loses one more game than LA all season, and LA wins the final game. They probably get the tie breaker too

The LArefs get your team the 8th spot if anything or the Rockets choke from being so young.

Doh that's right, Yao hurt it in the Lakers series. Brain fart at 3 am.

Vahagn

The LArefs get your team the 8th spot if anything or the Rockets choke from being so young.

Doh that's right, Yao hurt it in the Lakers series. Brain fart at 3 am.

Since LA lost to Houston on January 8th Houston has gone 11-14 and LA has gone 14-11.

It's obviously not a much better record but LA has played significantly better of late.

Call me crazy but I think LA catches Houston, they basically have to lose one less game the rest of the way. That's doable.

charsace

And watching Tobias Harris I can't help but laugh at the Bucks. I always thought they had the pieces to be a good team, they were just using them wrong and are building around the wrong guys.

Top Bottom