• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

"It's going to make me a better man and a better player from watching Kobe," Howard said.

Playing in Los Angeles, for a franchise with expectations as high as the Lakers, is "a lot different," Howard said.

"Besides just the expectations," he said. "In games, I mess up and there's somebody in the crowd saying something and I'm ready to snap at 'em. That's not what we're supposed to do.

"But you look at a guy like Kobe and he doesn't care about nothing but going out there and playing hard. That's a lesson a lot of us have to learn -- especially young guys."

Howard said he and Bryant always have had a good relationship, but it's deepened this season, particularly since the All-Star break.

"I told him [Bryant]: 'I'm afraid to miss. When I get out there, I don't want to miss, and I end up missing.' And he was like: 'You know what? Shoot 1,000 jumpshots a day. You're going to miss a lot of those shots. But that's OK. Because you're teaching yourself it's OK to miss.'

"Now I see it. He gets out there and he might miss a couple 3s, but then he'll make nine in a row. You see that and it just kind of gives you more inspiration."

hm...

AcridMeat

Banned
I say the Rockets would be best if they signed Josh Smith and kept Osik at center. A further developed Lin, Harden, Parsons, Smith, Osik line looks pretty damn good to me.

Chris Herring @HerringWSJ about 17 minutes ago
I still remember Stoudemire telling us that he was going vegan in hopes of staying healthy this season. Can't imagine how the guy feels.

No, guys like Stoudemire arent old. But he & Chandler came straight from HS. 11th & 12th yrs in the league now. There's a lot of wear & tear

So no matter what, Knicks are at least somewhat wedded to the "older is better" movement 4 another season or two. But health has failed them

Kidd and Camby are three-year commitments. Stoudemire, in the midst of a $100M deal, may be 30, but his knees are much older.

Would say the Knicks need to step back this off-season and examine whether this model of an older roster works. But they can't...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
All I know is the Rockets need... Someone inside who can score and someone to teach them D.

The rockets need a wing defender. Someone like Granger if he's healthy.

Smith is a bad choice IMO because he takes a lot of bad shots and shoots FTs poorly. He'd help on D, but they don't need as much interior defense due to Asik as perimeter since Lin and Harden are not so good at it.

They could use a PF, of course. Bynum would be a mistake since if his knees fail Houston is fucked. Too much risk and asik is good enough to be a starting C on a contender in this NBA.

Granger also fits in to the mold of hitting 3s and could possibly work.

edit: I only risk on Bynum if my team sucks because if he pans out it's a big boost and if he doesn't you were fucked anyway. A team like Houston has too much upside to risk it on Bynum's knees, IMO.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Man to think we had two great coaches before (stupid fucking injuries to our stars did them in) and these young talented players are being coached by McFail.

Gundy won't take the job again and most likely wouldn't be offered it. Heck he's praising McHale and the job he's done. Rockets are winning on talent and young legs that run the other team down. They have lost games this season cause of coaching and no one but Rockets fans seem to notice.

I don't see Les firing McHale at all unless they regress big time next season.

The rockets need a wing defender. Someone like Granger if he's healthy.

Smith is a bad choice IMO because he takes a lot of bad shots and shoots FTs poorly. He'd help on D, but they don't need as much interior defense due to Asik as perimeter since Lin and Harden are not so good at it.

They could use a PF, of course. Bynum would be a mistake since if his knees fail Houston is fucked. Too much risk and asik is good enough to be a starting C on a contender in this NBA.

Granger also fits in to the mold of hitting 3s and could possibly work.

edit: I only risk on Bynum if my team sucks because if he pans out it's a big boost and if he doesn't you were fucked anyway. A team like Houston has too much upside to risk it on Bynum's knees, IMO.

Their PFs suck a lot more than their SFs do. They have a lot of prospects at PF so that could change, but as of now, Parsons is very good and Donuts/TRob/TJones are pretty far away.

Man to think we had two great coaches before (stupid fucking injuries to our stars did them in) and these young talented players are being coached by McFail.

Gundy won't take the job again and most likely wouldn't be offered it. Heck he's praising McHale and the job he's done. Rockets are winning on talent and young legs that run the other team down. They have lost games this season cause of coaching and no one, but Rockets fans seem to notice.

I don't see Les firing McHale at all unless they regress big time next season.

This is true of all but like 4 coaches, really.

Other than Spurs, Celtics, Pacers, and Chicago does anyone actually like their coach and want to keep them?

Here alone we have people bitch about MDA, VDN, Spoelstra, Corbin, McHale, Hollins, Jackson, etc on a nightly basis.

Maybe Karl on Denver but tbh I don't think he's done a great job but we have no one here who is a fan of them to bitch.

Their PFs suck a lot more than their SFs do. They have a lot of prospects at PF so that could change, but as of now, Parsons is very good and Donuts/TRob/TJones are pretty far away.

Parsons can play PF in this version of the NBA often. Like I said, I agree they need a true PF for some teams but they also need a wing defender. They score as well as anyone in the NBA and Asik is a defensive beast, so their most glaring weakness is perimeter D.

giri

josh smith on the rockets would be terrible. So would Bynum. Both are decent pieces, but not what that team needs.

if they could get granger and hansbro from the pacers doe... that would be worth it.

Or. if some how the rockets could get al horford from the hawks with out giving up much... that would be pretty great.

Matrix

fucking Knicks... come on.

AcridMeat

Banned
Are people throwing Granger out there as a legitimate possibility that they've been looking to trade for? Or is it just a hopeful thought.

josh smith on the rockets would be terrible. So would Bynum. Both are decent pieces, but not what that team needs.

if they could get granger and hansbro from the pacers doe... that would be worth it.

Or. if some how the rockets could get al horford from the hawks with out giving up much... that would be pretty great.

Hey, we're on the same page!

Atlanta would be nuts to deal Horford, imo. They are paying him his worth, which is rare for people not named Lebron.

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT
Re Amare's "uninsurable" contract: Not entirely true. It's uninsured against career-ending KNEE or EYE injury. That's it.

rejoice!

Are people throwing Granger out there as a legitimate possibility that they've been looking to trade for? Or is it just a hopeful thought.

Pacers don't need granger given George's emergence. And his salary is way too much and he's 30. Indiana needs a PG badly.

giri

Well, as his absence has proven, he's completely redundant to the pacers. George is basically the same player. So he's probably entirely available, and i think there were rumours of his availability at the trad deadline.

Hey, we're on the same page!

Atlanta would be nuts to deal Horford, imo. They are paying him his worth, which is rare for people not named Lebron.

rejoice!

congrats for being correct for once! <3

Agree, al horford's contract is one of the best in the NBA. It's just so entirely... fair.

He's also the best player in Atlanta, whether they know it or not.

But he'll be wasting time over there if the hawks get peanuts back for smith.

The Jazz's defense with Al and Favors on the court at the same time has been terrible this year which isn't great for winning right now...

Hopefully that will make the Jazz lean towards letting Al go and going with a more complete rebuild though.

Lakers are gonna get the 7 seed the way the Jazz and Warriors are playing

Tonight's game versus Milwaukee will be pretty big. A loss to them and GSW are in trouble. They didn't lose either of the 2 games they couldn't lose (damn klay thompson game winner!) and there might not be Melo for NY next game. If they can win these 2, it would be hard for Lakers to pass them but still possible. Of course, Lakers would have to beat them both games they play.

Matrix

Knicks fans should blame Amare's season basically ending cause Alphasnake compared him to looking like Dream.

You just don't say shit like that.

exarkun

This is true of all but like 4 coaches, really.

Other than Spurs, Celtics, Pacers, and Chicago does anyone actually like their coach and want to keep them?

Here alone we have people bitch about MDA, VDN, Spoelstra, Corbin, McHale, Hollins, Jackson, etc on a nightly basis.

Maybe Karl on Denver but tbh I don't think he's done a great job but we have no one here who is a fan of them to bitch.

Parsons can play PF in this version of the NBA often. Like I said, I agree they need a true PF for some teams but they also need a wing defender. They score as well as anyone in the NBA and Asik is a defensive beast, so their most glaring weakness is perimeter D.

Karl is a better coach than Doc. I think people are happy with Adelman. He can't do anything with that team with the swinging door of injuries they have.

Spoelstra and Carlisle have rings, and I don't think the heat fans ever really criticize Spo. And Mavs fans loooove Carlisle. Coaching situation isn't thaaat dire.

giri

Remember when knicks fans were saying suns fans were salty that they "stole" amare?

Yeah.

About that.

taedance.gif

Top Bottom