• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
He played 44 minutes... Knicks' three best players played zero minutes.

Who would have thought that Amare and Chandler are injury prone and that giving them long-term fully guaranteed contracts for big money would be a risky move?

lol nix

So anyway, after we go 1-4 or 0-5 on this road trip, at least we should have healthy Carmelo and healthy Chandler - so hopefully we can go streaking against some bad teams coming up. I really want to make it to 50 wins this season, and if we can steal a game or two from some of the better teams we've already beaten before in the rest of March and April (like Boston or Atlanta), or maybe take one from teams we haven't beaten yet (like Chicago or Indiana), we can pull it off.

reilo

lol nix

So anyway, after we go 1-4 or 0-5 on this road trip, at least we should have healthy Carmelo and healthy Chandler - so hopefully we can go streaking against some bad teams coming up. I really want to make it to 50 wins this season, and if we can steal a game or two from some of the better teams we've already beaten before in the rest of March and April (like Boston or Atlanta), or maybe take one from teams we haven't beaten yet (like Chicago or Indiana), we can pull it off.

Knicks ain't going 12-7 lol.

They have 19 games remaining on the season. Of those 19, here are some notable matchups left: @LAC, @UTA, @BOS, MEM, BOS, @MIA, @ATL, MIL, @OKC, @CHI, IND, ATL

Good luck.

diehard

Fleer
Yeah, I am doubtful about McLemore's ability to transition to the NBA. He doesn't strike me as being mentally tough. Smart is probably the least risky pick in the lottery. He's a bad fit for us, but if some team like Utah is willing to trade us a young big for taking him I'd be all for it. Kanter for Smart Jazz-gaf, how about it?

It would take a lot to trade Kanter.

20 years old and extremely skilled.

reilo

Kidd, first two years in the league:

1. 38.5FG%, 27.2 3PT%
  2. 38.1FG%, 33.6 3PT%

Your team took home losses to the Magic and 76ers with Dwight, Pau and Kobe on the floor. Got styled on by Aaron Afflalo and Evan Turner. If the Knicks is trash, LA's a sewage cocktail.

And? Knicks are still trash and this is one of the best squads they've put together in 3 decades

man don't get cocky bruh.... your a laker's fan during the dwight age.

You're gonna look real nice in that Kris Humphries New York Nets avi

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Anyone else having the urge to buy digital copies of games they already own just so they don't have to bother with discs?
Sometimes the difference between the price of the digital copy and what the physical copy would get me in trade value is pretty small.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ricky Rubio is averaging 14/9/7 this month. I can't wait until he has real teammates.

I think his attitude alone is awesome. I love that clip of him trying to cheer up Shved.
Showed a lot of respect for the game.

"Enjoy it"

That's a player that loves his job.

Kidd, first two years in the league:

1. 38.5FG%, 27.2 3PT%
  2. 38.1FG%, 33.6 3PT%

Kidd is exactly a career 40% shooter. Talk about marginal. Rubio has always been a poor shooter in Europe... 40% is his ceiling. Not even 36 for now... I love his game, but this is an area of concern.

reilo

nbastats said:
How key has Lillard been for @pdxtrailblazers? Team scores 105.6 pts/100poss. w/ him on floor, team-worst 94.0 w/ him OFF #PORvsNYK

Yikes.

Knicks ain't going 12-7 lol.

They have 19 games remaining on the season. Of those 19, here are some notable matchups left: @LAC, @UTA, @BOS, MEM, BOS, @MIA, @ATL, MIL, @OKC, @CHI, IND, ATL

Good luck.

eh we can win about half of those. indiana will probably bend us over again tho

50 games would be nice but it will probably take a miracle :(

Vahagn

Kidd is exactly a career 40% shooter. Talk about marginal. Rubio has always been a poor shooter in Europe... 40% is his ceiling. Not even 36 for now... I love his game, but this is an area of concern.

How many NBA players spend their entire career shooting under 40% from the field. It's so rare I doubt someone with as much potential as him ends up there. Rondo would shoot 50%+ even though he didn't have a jumper either.

reilo

Don't all blazers starters play like 38 minutes? Not the best stat to go by...

The stat says what we already knew: Portland's starters are superb and their bench is trash.

Although Maynor has been an excellent addition. He just needed to get away from YNB to blossom like Harden did.

How many NBA players spend their entire career shooting under 40% from the field. It's so rare I doubt someone with as much potential as him ends up there. Rondo would shoot 50%+ even though he didn't have a jumper either.

Yeah and Shaq averaged what, 60% without a jumper... Please.
Totally different skill set compared to Rondo. They have very personal styles.
Rubio could not shoot in Europe, he's been a pro for 6 seasons... Shooting wise, WYSIWYG. Fair to say now.

The stat says what we already knew: Portland's starters are superb and their bench is trash.

Although Maynor has been an excellent addition. He just needed to get away from YNB to blossom like Harden did.

What do you think you're going to do about Hickson? He's not a good fit playing with Aldridge, but it's tough to let a solid player like him walk when you lack depth.

reilo

What do you think you're going to do about Hickson? He's not a good fit playing with Aldridge, but it's tough to let a solid player like him walk when you lack depth like you do.

Let him walk? If he wants to be a 25mpg backup for < $4mil, that's cool.

Vahagn

Yeah and Shaq averaged what, 60% without a jumper... Please.
Totally different skill set compared to Rondo. They have very personal styles.
Rubio could not shoot in Europe, he's been a pro for 6 seasons... Shooting wise, WYSIWYG. Fair to say now.

Dude is 21 or 22. And almost no one ever stays in the NBA with a career shooting % below 40%. And comparing Rondo, a fellow PG who can't shoot with Shaq is lulz. Saying 40% is Rubio's ceiling is possible, but it's not really probable.

reilo

Who would you rather spend the money on then?

Portland will be $12mil under the cap. I'd have to look at the free agents available, but clearing another $2 or $3mil and going after Pekovic seems a worthy gamble.

Rubio is all-world in the things that are really hard to fix / teach. Hes bad to mediocre at some common NBA-level skills though.

I have faith that will change. He'll be fine. He'll never be an amazing penetrator but his shot will improve. Thats a given.

reilo

Plus, he's coming off of an ACL injury. Hard to work on your jumpshot during your first off-season in the NBA when you can barely walk.

reilo

Unlike Rondo, Rubio also has a decent looking form to his jumpshot, so his shooting improvement will be inevitable.

Rondo's is just fucked:

R1ksoHH.png

Portland will be $12mil under the cap. I'd have to look at the free agents available, but clearing another $2 or $3mil and going after Pekovic seems a worthy gamble.

Agreed, only other guy I'd pay more than 7 million or so is Robin Lopez. Dalembert isn't a terrible fall back option either, he's a quality back up.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Rubio is all-world in the things that are really hard to fix / teach. Hes bad to mediocre at some common NBA-level skills though.

I have faith that will change. He'll be fine. He'll never be an amazing penetrator but his shot will improve. Thats a given.

rickyyousofine.gif

As long he keeps coming up with shit like this people will keep watching. :)

reilo

nbastats said:
.@Dame_Lillard has scored 20+ in each of his last 8 gms. Over that span, avg. 24.8pts, 6.6asts w/ an excellent 63.1% eFG% @pdxtrailblazers

/nods

charsace

mgmDE.jpg

From realgm. So funny, but something about it is just so wrong too.

With playoffs getting close who do you guys see winning it all. I think the Spurs will win their 5th title in the Duncan era.

Top Bottom