• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

h3ro

injury isn't in kobe's vocabulary.
lebron and wade would be out 6-8 weeks.

I don't think that's a fair statement regarding Lebron. We all saw him take a fall that would result in a Livingston-esque injury to most players in the knicks/heat game but all he had was some soreness and didn't miss any time. He's a tank.

dwywywane would be crying tho.

I don't think that's a fair statement regarding Lebron. We all saw him take a fall that would result in a Livingston-esque injury to most players in the knicks/heat game but all he had was some soreness and didn't miss any time. He's a tank.

dwywywane would be crying tho.
fairness isn't in my vocabulary.

Emwitus

?

I'm not saying Spurs can't beat OKC now, I'm saying the Spurs were the same team last year and couldn't beat OKC, a team that lost to Miami. Miami is better this year and so if Spurs couldn't beat last year's OKC what should make me believe they would beat this year's Miami (a better team than last year)?

The problems SAS had against Thunder last year are the same versus Heat. No one to defend Durant (Lebron) or Harden (Wade) and much less athleticism and speed.

edit: I think Spurs could beat OKC this year because of Martin. Not talking about OKC this year.

Isn't alot of the playoffs and nba in general about matchups? And i think okc was just shooting lights out...I mean one game ibaka was what? 11 for 11 and perkins was making jump shots too? They have a better interior presence and scoring compared to okc with splitter/duncan and add to that miami's issues with quick pgs like parker who is also a better decision maker than westbrook i feel like they have a better chance against miami. Spurs are also a better defensive team compared to last year.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I called it.

When Kobe first went down I over analyzed the moment (like I usually do) and said that I didn't think he would miss much time or any at all.

We shall see though.

LMFAO

Kobe WILL NOT let the team play without him.
The dream of a Nash/Dwight combo is gone.

He will be jacking up 3's being missed a mile away non-stop & hobbling back on defense & will blame everybody else for the loss.

Wouldn't be the first time he did so.

He broke it pretty good in the 1980s too--from the coach's seat that time.

I think when he retires more and more people will realize (Basketball fans already know) how much of a bad ass that guy is in terms of adjusting with the times, he coached/managed 3 different franchises to all totally different styles but was very successful in all stops

When he leaves the Heat it's going to feel like a dark winter

Isn't alot of the playoffs and nba in general about matchups? And i think okc was just shooting lights out...I mean one game ibaka was what? 11 for 11 and perkins was making jump shots too? They have a better interior presence and scoring compared to okc with splitter/duncan and add to that miami's issues with quick pgs like parker who is also a better decision maker than westbrook i feel like they have a better chance against miami. Spurs are also a better defensive team compared to last year.

The problems OKC posed for Spurs are the same and really worse with Miami. Have no one to guard athletic SFs and SGs that are efficient, and speedy/athletic teams that can hit the 3 ball.

I was one of the only people to call OKC over SAS last season here and for those exact reasons (and all proved true) and it is the same with Miami. The only added benefit is low post scoring from the Spurs but this is negated by the other stuff.

Yeah, it seems a few of the final scores are off. Like, it has Raptors at Celtics as a 99-97 Boston win.

Well, it worked with the Mavericks/Spurs game deadspin linked to.

Howard on the wrong team.

Vahagn

I think when he retires more and more people will realize (Basketball fans already know) how much of a bad ass that guy is in terms of adjusting with the times, he coached/managed 3 different franchises to all totally different styles but was very successful in all stops

Agree on all accounts.

Vahagn

The problems OKC posed for Spurs are the same and really worse with Miami. Have no one to guard athletic SFs and SGs that are efficient, and speedy/athletic teams that can hit the 3 ball.

I was one of the only people to call OKC over SAS last season here and for those exact reasons (and all proved true) and it is the same with Miami. The only added benefit is low post scoring from the Spurs but this is negated by the other stuff.

Howard on the wrong team.

When I said OKC would beat the Spurs everyone including you thought I was insane. I'm not saying Spurs will beat the HEAT, I'm saying they've got essentially a 50/50 chance if they have home-court. And the OKC big 3 was more dangerous than this Big 3 in that series because Durant/Harden/Westbrook were all better than Bosh stands to be. Plus they had Ibaka go bonkers a couple times. And this Spurs team is better than last year's team, I really believe that.

?

I'm not saying Spurs can't beat OKC now, I'm saying the Spurs were the same team last year and couldn't beat OKC, a team that lost to Miami. Miami is better this year and so if Spurs couldn't beat last year's OKC what should make me believe they would beat this year's Miami (a better team than last year)?

The problems SAS had against Thunder last year are the same versus Heat. No one to defend Durant (Lebron) or Harden (Wade) and much less athleticism and speed.

edit: I think Spurs could beat OKC this year because of Martin. Not talking about OKC this year.

what is this shit, like 5 of the top 20 ranked defenses of all time were from Popovich coached Spurs teams and last year was a lockout year where the Spurs played no D.

Kobe was WALKING around gingerly at the shoot around. There's being a competitor and then there's being selfish.

yeah bu bu but he's not about injuries or excuses, according to herpes

This isn't the night for kobe to come back. I wish he would have stayed on the bench. I don't know what will happen but when you combine fuckball with an ankle that size, good things don't happen

When I said OKC would beat the Spurs everyone including you thought I was insane. I'm not saying Spurs will beat the HEAT, I'm saying they've got essentially a 50/50 chance if they have home-court. And the OKC big 3 was more dangerous than this Big 3 in that series because Durant/Harden/Westbrook were all better than Bosh stands to be. Plus they had Ibaka go bonkers a couple times. And this Spurs team is better than last year's team, I really believe that.

I still think last year's OKC-SAS series was kind of a fluke

There were just a lot of amazingly made shots, but a lot of bad made shots

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Miami is 10th in DRtg and 2nd in ORtg.

Spurs? 3rd in DRtg and 7th in ORtg.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

Well said.

Top Bottom