• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

snack

Yep.

<- OKC fan living in Boston. Perk was never really good at anything. Always an all around average player. His shooting is hard to watch though. :/

I don't see why Perks is still shooting like shit while a guy like Ibaka who wasn't that good of a shooter either coming in the league, is now actually shooting three bombs and draining them with a decent percentage. Perks needs to work on his fucking jump shot. Fucking Perks.

Poythress, Cauley-Stein, and Goodwin all say they're staying. Both good (no chance of the Jazz drafting Poythress or Goodwin!) and bad (depth gets weaker so good players might not fall to 20th or wherever the Warriors pick is)

No, they're in the 3rd seed right now.

Poythress and Cauley-Stein would be smart to stay, Goodwin will end up going though. He won't get any pt behind the Harrison twins and James Young.

rando14

seeds 3-5 are pretty tight.
KU8IXPS.png

eddit:after tonight I think that take the 3 spot.

i still think memphis has the best chance to do the most damage out of those 3

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't see why Perks is still shooting like shit while a guy like Ibaka who wasn't that good of a shooter either coming in the league, is now actually shooting three bombs and draining them with a decent percentage. Perks needs to work on his fucking jump shot. Fucking Perks.

When Ibaka decided it was better for his team to shoot jumpers than learn how to be an effective post scorer and how to effectively work on the glass, he proved that he was useless for OKC going forward.

Branduil

Well yeah, they added iggy and chandler and faried isn't a rookie.

There's just something about them that makes me a non believer. Will depend on who they play in round 1 though. Anyone getting the warriors has a 5 game series at most.

It's because they have no real #1 option.

snack

When Ibaka decided it was better for his team to shoot jumpers than learn how to be an effective post scorer and how to effectively work on the glass, he proved that he was useless for OKC going forward.

lol

Ibaka has made himself more than a one-dimensional blocking machine. His arsenal now consists of a decent jumper that can be counted on in the dying seconds of a shot clock. There's a reason people leave Perks wide open. His shot's ugly and he couldn't nail a basket if his life depended on it.

They aren't doing shit to the top 3 seeds. Curry, klay, and lee defense lol. Playoffs are a different ballgame. No one is going to let them jack up easy 3s then.

They're 12th in defense even though Bogut has had like three good games this year. If they get the Grizzlies and their team is healthy, they can definitely win that series because Bogut could shut down the paint while the Grizzlies brick the open threes that the Warriors give them.

They're 12th in defense even though Bogut has had like three good games this year. If they get the Grizzlies and their team is healthy, they can definitely win that series because Bogut could shut down the paint while the Grizzlies brick the open threes that the Warriors give them.

Don't let the regular season fool you. It's like when phx was technically 15th on defense too. Warriors won't know what hits then come playoff time.

DY_nasty

memphis can't do shit as long as hollins is there

its pointless for them
Who you got coming out of the West?

Clippers to troll us all

edit: ibaka blocks all the shots in the world but can't actually stop scoring on the inside - and for every block he goes for he allows two rebounding opportunities. he could've learned to stay inside and get his weight up but OKC's coaching staff doesn't like giving out criticism it seems...

edit2: i remember when the knicks were a top 10 defensive team

Their offense is actually much improved after the post-Rudy Gay lineup. They've slipped a little bit into their old habits at Denver and Utah, but I'm not too worried about that.
But do you think they can keep up in a 7 game series vs the clips? I'm not sure, it'd be a super close series though and fun to watch.

its pointless for them

Clippers to troll us all

edit: ibaka blocks all the shots in the world but can't actually stop scoring on the inside - and for every block he goes for he allows two rebounding opportunities. he could've learned to stay inside and get his weight up but OKC's coaching staff doesn't like giving out criticism it seems...

edit2: i remember when the knicks were a top 10 defensive team

Tiago Splitter abused him by using pump fakes, hook shots, and such. Dude goes up in the air for blocks way too much. He needs to watch Duncan play defense and learn how to stay planted on the ground until the right moment

DY_nasty

But do you think they can keep up in a 7 game series vs the clips? I'm not sure, it'd be a super close series though and fun to watch.

I don't think it'd be a long series either way... either the grizz beast inside and stifle the clips style of play or memphis goes stupid again and the clips run all over them

it'll be decided by game 2 and because vinny and hollins are both retarded, no adjustments will be made and that'll be that.

jjasper

its pointless for them

At least he's been trying to not be complete moron recently. And there is no chance he can start the fourth quarter of a game seven with Haddadi and Arenas on the floor at the same time.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
As long they stay healthy; with their well known defensive prowess and their improved offence, they got a chance to go far this off-season.

giri

Naw, Memphis can come out of the west, despite hollins.

It's just harder with hollins there.

A lot rides on M.Gasol and M.Conley though.

But prince has been looking really good in their offense lately, which is a positive sign.

thekad

Banned
Seems like Bogut has been a monster defensively when healthy(lol) this year. Every team in the West will be tough to beat unless the Jazz make it. By tough, I mean at least 3 close games even for San Antonio and OKC.

DY_nasty

Naw, Memphis can come out of the west, despite hollins.

It's just harder with hollins there.

A lot rides on M.Gasol and M.Conley though.

But prince has been looking really good in their offense lately, which is a positive sign.

Naw

Its hard to get past actively horrible coaching. Some bad coaches simply remove their hand when they need to, but Hollins ain't that dude.

Edgeward

The lobs are bringing the Clips back. Dunks and 3s tonight.

Wish the Clips would be faster on their rotations if they keep planning to be aggressive on help D

giri

Naw

Its hard to get past actively horrible coaching. Some bad coaches simply remove their hand when they need to, but Hollins ain't that dude.

Hollins has shown a willingness to play his best players 40mpg+, in the play offs, he won't hesitate to just leave them in and back off.

He's not brooks bad anyway.

is it too early to proclaim Boston as the winners in the Jeff Green trade given that Jeff has seemingly learned how to play basketball while Perkins core competency remains scowling at people and generally not doing anything

ohNOitsRO

I don't know if I'm the only one, but a long long while ago when I lurked these fine here forums, there was a thread about some dude who fucking was just going about his day, doing his daily whatevers and *pop* testicular torsion... and every now and again, once in a blue moon, I might cause accidental pain to my cocklage, as a fair gentleman might, and a couple of minutes ago I did just as such as I accidentally misjudged my strength on a quick sack adjustment and I mishandled my goods.... And I thought long and hard and long and hard... And no joke, serious shit, I finally finally understood seriously what it is to be a Knicks fan... :(

Top Bottom