• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

I wonder if Chris Paul will really stay with the clippers if they are a first round exit.

Don't know. A Chris Paul + Dwight Howard team up in Dallas or Atlanta can really make things interesting.

Poythress and Cauley-Stein would probably be coming off the bench next year as well if Randle commits to Kentucky though.

They'd both get more pt at Kentucky than they would in the NBA, could also benefit from a championship boost like last years squad did. Goodwin will get zero pt at Kentucky if he stays. So he would have little opportunity to improve his draft stock.

I dunno why I totally slept on Dishonored, cause the game seems pretty awesome. Im glad the story is interesting enough to cover up how off putting the graphics are. I know its a Bethesda published game, so I shouldnt have expected any different, but it looks like a 10 year old game, Xbox era shit. but whatever

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Should a team in a 12 game winning streak with the 4th best record in the NBA get no hype at all? No one thinks they can even make the WCF so I don't really think that's much hype at all.

I'm just saying that we've seen this before. Like the last couple years. People get real excited about Denver and how awesome they look and then they lose in the first round. Again.

I'm just saying that we've seen this before. Like the last couple years. People get real excited about Denver and how awesome they look and then they lose in the first round. Again.

You can say this about every team in the West other than the Thunder though and this year's Nuggets team is actually healthy and plays defense. CP3 loses in the first-round almost every year and one of the two years he made it out of the first-round, he needed a miracle comeback and then his team got smashed in the second round. He'll probably lose again in the first-round so should no one talk about him?

As long as Denver doesn't get matched up with Memphis they're a lock for the second round. I could see them upsetting the Clippers if they're lucky enough to draw them, but that won't be happening so that's as far as they'll go.

They'd both get more pt at Kentucky than they would in the NBA, could also benefit from a championship boost like last years squad did. Goodwin will get zero pt at Kentucky if he stays. So he would have little opportunity to improve his draft stock.

I really don't think playing 15-20 MPG as a Sophomore will be acceptable for most scouts though. I think their stock would tank if they play limited minutes again next year.

I really don't think playing 15-20 MPG as a Sophomore will be acceptable for most scouts though. I think their stock would tank if they play limited minutes again next year.

Cauley-Stein is the only one of the three that I think has a strong chance of starting. Neither Poythress or Goodwin are going to start over the guys Cal has coming in next year. I don't think their draft stock would tank, but it would probably drop below where it is now.

Apparently LeBron's recent celebrations involving him with palms down while he's stomping is a tribute to Nick Van Exel? I honestly can't remember this, but he calls it "pressed-down"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9lH5cxFl9g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0ErUiDRaX0&feature=youtu.be&t=43s

NVE used to do that after hitting a big shot as a way of saying "calm down I got this shit". Didn't look quite as tacky as when Bron does it though. Kobe sort of bit it too during the famous OT game of the 2000 Finals.

Pastry

Banned
Don't know if this has been posted but just a heads up.

Ginobili will be doing an AMA on Reddit on the 23rd if you have any questions you'd like answered. He's the first NBA player to do AMA I believe.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
It was last December against Portland. They only made one jump shot. The rest was in the paint or free throws.

Yep. They broke the NBA record of most missed threes... 10 days after Portland set it lol.

I think Denver will absolutely get to the second round this year since there's a good chance they'll be a third seed

they'd get waxed by Memphis but OKC might lose to them given the Kevin Martin and Scott Brooks do what they do

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
New Ed O'Bannon vs NCAA article:

Last week, a cadre of college administrators, including Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany, Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds and Wake Forest president Nathan Hatch, submitted written declarations in an effort to persuade the judge from granting class action. They were mostly filled with gloom-and-doom predictions of what would happen should colleges have to actually share any of the money with current or past players.

Much of the media attention has focused on Delany claiming the Big Ten would never comply and instead would "take steps to downsize the scope, breadth and activities of their athletic programs," he wrote. "Several models exist … such as Division III."

The University of Texas brought in $150.3 million in total revenue in fiscal 2011, according to Department of Education filings. According to Dodds, "approximately 82 percent of that can be fairly attributed to football, and 15 percent to men's basketball." That's 97 percent of incoming revenue. Yet Dodds testified that expenditures on football [$24.8 million] and basketball [$8.5 million] totaled just $33.3 million. That's just 24.7 percent of UT's $133.7 million in total expenditures.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/o-bann...hletic-departments--fuzzy-math-145020856.html

xnipx

I can guarantee 90% of the nuggets haters calling them first round fodder would switch places with their fans over the past 5 years respective to their current teams success over that same period.

I can guarantee 90% of the nuggets haters calling them first round fodder would switch places with their fans over the past 5 years respective to their current teams success over that same period.

1st round exit, 1st round exit, 1st round exit, WCF loss, 1st Round exit.

Nah, you can keep the past 5 years.

Kacar

Damn these Eastern Conference playoffs are shaping up the be the worst.

Miami just so far ahead and almost all other east teams are worse than 2-8 in the west.

Edit: well i guess 2-6, Houston hasn't been looking to hot recently.

Top Bottom