• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Kawhi Leonard was a +29 last night. dude is fucking good. not seeing much of a significant talent gap between him and Paul George.

I like them both. He won't be as explosive and dynamic as George, but by the same token he'll be much more efficient and smarter in general.

That team won't be Tony Parkers for very long once Timmy is gone. Kawhi has a lot of dog in him if you watched him at SDSU and he's been reserved as hell for the Spurs. He'll show a lot more once he's a second option.

I'd be salty about Vesely over Kawhi if we weren't getting Porter.

Omega

Banned
Every time I come into this thread its about Kobe.

This is the Finals OT, and Kobe didn't even play in the playoffs and yet he's still the center of discussion. I feel like I'm in high school again

Sharp

Funny thing is how repetitive the medias endorsement of Pau being soft was and yet we don't hear that at all about Bosh.

Pau was twice the player Bosh was in the playoffs in every aspect of basketball.
I think it's just that Bosh has been a running joke for so long that people don't even remember that he was supposed to be a difference maker. The big Bosh news right now is that the Heat are considering trading him, and none of the articles I've seen even approach it from a "what must Bosh think about this" standpoint.

Fjordson

I like them both. He won't be as explosive and dynamic as George, but by the same token he'll be much more efficient and smarter in general.

That team won't be Tony Parkers for very long once Timmy is gone. Kawhi has a lot of dog in him if you watched him at SDSU and he's been reserved as hell for the Spurs. He'll show a lot more once he's a second option.

I'd be salty about Vesely over Kawhi if we weren't getting Porter.
Yeah, Kawhi is dope. He only had 14 points last night, but he was pretty big in their run in the second half I think. Had some great steals, led the break, played great D on Bron.

Him and Paul George are fun to watch. True two way players. George just needs to shore up his handle and Kawhi will probably get more shine on offense as the big 3 gets older.

Kawhi actually got invited to the USA basketball minicamp in July. Same with George. Certain at least one of them will be on the team in 2016.

Yeah, Kawhi is dope. He only had 14 points last night, but he was pretty big in their run in the second half I think. Had some great steals, led the break, played great D on Bron.

Him and Paul George are fun to watch. True two way players. George just needs to shore up his handle and Kawhi will probably get more shine on offense as the big 3 gets older.

Kawhi actually got invited to the USA basketball minicamp in July. Same with George. Certain at least one of them will be on the team in 2016.

Normally don't say this about young Spurs, but I hope he doesn't go. Dude's knee has been bothering him all season and I'd rather he'd heal up

like, who the fuck on that team is gonna take kidd sereoiusly?

Completely healthy team consisting of Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Humphries, career season Brook Lopez, Crash, Marswag, 20 PER Blatche loses to the fucking zombie dead Bulls.

Answer? Hire a guy nobody is going to take seriously and is probably going to get caught in a photo op drinking with Blatche at a strip club in the off-season.

linsivvi

Funny thing is how repetitive the medias endorsement of Pau being soft was and yet we don't hear that at all about Bosh.

Pau was twice the player Bosh was in the playoffs in every aspect of basketball.

Pau is still much better than Bosh this season, even with injury issue and being misused for most of the season.

pretty sure jason kidd isn't a good enough communicator to even coach elementary school basketball let alone grown men, and he literally got a dui charge last year

neohawks gonna neohawk

Fjordson

Normally don't say this about young Spurs, but I hope he doesn't go. Dude's knee has been bothering him all season and I'd rather he'd heal up
Well, I think it's just to get acclimated with the system and coaches since we're still 3 years away from the Olympics. Ideally they work out and stuff, but he doesn't have to. Steph Curry will be there, but he isn't doing any on court stuff because he's rehabbing his ankle. Kawhi could do the same.

linsivvi

Oh and btw, this is Magic's Final performance:

19.5 points 51% FG 7.7 rebounds 12.2 assists 2 steals 3.5 TOs

Took out the game where he played 5 minutes and the 1980 finals aka statistical dark age where there were no FGA, rebounds, assists, etc recorded. All we know is that he averaged 21.5 points in that series while playing all 5 positions in game 6 after Kareem went down, as a rookie.

Magic >>>>>>>> LeBron

And I probably left out a few arrows.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Also Mark Jackson and Rivers have done alright and to a much lesser degree VDN has been serviceable at least

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I think it is his role

I think Bosh would be better at number 2 just like when Pau had his role changed he was pretty bad

Top Bottom